Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#51 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 12:23 AM
I tend to price stock all to average and just have sales on cheap rotating around the shop. Except for crafted items which I price at expensive because they take time to make, I find sims don't seem to mind the expensive price tag either. Like at my grocery store the grown produce boxes at expensive go before the average priced maxis grocery bin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=181559

This is my most favorite toilet paper ever.

Cool. The toilet paper I did have was completely useless because when I placed it next to a toilet the Sim was blocked from using it. This looks a good replacement.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 2:32 AM
It varies depending on mood and the Sims' funds. They start off fairly minimalist. However I'm not much of a clutter person so often struggle to think of what to add to create that "realistic" feel. I don't want too much, risking the game slowing or crashing.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Cool. The toilet paper I did have was completely useless because when I placed it next to a toilet the Sim was blocked from using it. This looks a good replacement.

That is very easy to fix in SimPE. I've had to do it to a toilet paper roll in my game, so if you still want the other one I could fix it for you.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 7:28 AM
I usteing the cluter more now. The clutter house makes it look lived n

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
That is very easy to fix in SimPE. I've had to do it to a toilet paper roll in my game, so if you still want the other one I could fix it for you.

Thanks for the offer but I deleted it long ago.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 2:22 AM
I think anyone who's ever downloaded any of my lots can pretty easily see that I don't shy away from clutter at all... I go well beyond just useless decorative items in cluttering up my lots- I'll have useless electronics, useless chairs, useless surfaces, you name it! (one of the tricks of being able to do a CC-free approach to building is being willing to place things somewhere solely for their aesthetic appeal, even if there'll never be a way for Sims to actually get to them and use them.

One thing that I've started becoming more aware of that I do as far as "clutter" goes though, which I don't see on this thread so far, is clutter lots, by which I mean lots that you build for no reason than seeing them from other lots or in neighborhood view. The alleyways behind buildings in downtown sometimes fit on the lot they run behind, but if they don't, I may end up making an alley just so I get the right neighborhood vibe... same goes for the open quads on a university campus that don't really have anything on them, but are necessary for making a coherent campus feel.

I also take a more practical approach with some of these clutter lots though... things that usually won't be visited, but still have a little available if I ever decided I did want to play them. The most recent idea I have in this direction has been to make transit stations to place under the monorail tracks or along railroad tracks, or free-standing bus stops... not really likely to use them, but they can give a boost to the immersive quality of a neighborhood!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#58 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 2:53 AM
I have those, tiny parks, bus stops, newspaper stand, alley, public toilets, a statue. Some I downloaded like Plastixbo's tiny lots but I also made some like a long tree lined walkway. I made a thread on them once asking for ideas.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#59 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:44 AM
Mainly I try to build a hood up to be a "real" town, with things like working pharmacies (I sell smart milk there ) real post offices (I sell greeting cards and mogs cards there) I made a real bank (had a car spawn in the drive thru) and a real atm. If it is there, it is mainly usable. but I like the aesthetic appeal idea, so might try that!
Page 3 of 3