Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 4:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Homecrafter Plus and Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
I am curious.. Does anyone use Homecrafter Plus (found here or here) to make walls/floors/terrain?

It looks easy to use but doesn't have any loading options (of external CC) from what I could see of the screenshots. Found some basic tutorials also: clicky clicky

As Ultimate Collection is new and many programs/tools are old I have to wonder about compatibility issues as well as whether or not it's even worthwhile if all it can do is make re-hashed stuff.
AFAIK Ultimate Collection does Not include Homecrafter Plus anyhow.

I'm guessing the simplest answer is: SimPE FTW.

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by swillfly
I am curious.. Does anyone use Homecrafter Plus (found here or here) to make walls/floors/terrain?

It looks easy to use but doesn't have any loading options (of external CC) from what I could see of the screenshots.
As Ultimate Collection is new and many programs/tools are old I have to wonder about compatibility issues as well as whether or not it's even worthwhile if all it can do is make re-hashed stuff.

Sometimes I use HomeCrafter Plus to make Walls and Floors in order to get proper packages in which I change texture-file.
HomeCrafterPlus load all your Floors, TerrainPaints and Wallpapers on start which takes some time if you like me have CC: 1550 Walls, 300 Terrains and 880 Floors. They are all visual when started.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 8:28 PM
Homecrafter is the requisite programme for walls, floors and terrains. You can make walls in 768x256 or for Mac users 512x256 (that requires a bit of a fiddle). Floors and terrains are 256x256. The main issue is to get the sides of the textures to come out seamless.

It's really simple to use, you just dump your textures in the Walls/Floors/Terrains folder inside the Homecrafter folder in Projects (see picture). The programme accesses the textures internally while you're using it.

I didn't check your links but use the version of the programme on the wiki.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc