Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#326 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:54 AM
Not sure about horses being enough alone...
I gave a brand new laptop to my 15 years old daughter last Christmas. (chosen by her little 12 years old brother who knows stuff) First thing she asked me was : Can you install me The Sims 2 pretty please?
And so we did.
No troubles at all and she has Win 10. We are such a lucky family...who knows stuff...lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#327 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 7:25 PM
I've only been in existence for 2 less months than the first game. That gives me a mere 16 years of age, about to be 17 in a month. I've been playing The Sims for about half of my life, I got The Sims 2 for my 8th birthday.

It's so awesome that this game is enjoyed by youngins like me, and oldies in their 70s alike! Many of you here are older than even my parents are.
Mad Poster
#328 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 1:03 AM
I'm 35, will be 36 in May. I'm not sure what category that would place me since there are many that are younger and many that are older. As for the previous comments in the thread, even though I am female I have been called "Sir". I think it may because of my short hair (I keep it short since it gets to 100-115 degrees in summer where I am), but apparently "short hair equals male" to some people. I am single and childless by choice (if I was a Sims 3 Sim I would have the Dislikes Children trait). I tend to keep my Sim families small. It was the Ambitions EP that hooked me into Sims 3, not the horses (I don't have the Sims 3 Pets EP.)
Forum Resident
#329 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 2:18 AM
I'm ~30 and have been playing these games since the first one was released. (To be accurate: I played The Sims until 2005, and have been playing The Sims 2 ever since. Sometimes I play Sims 3, but always come back to TS2.

I lose so much time playing this game I gave it up for Lent. And here I am, teasing myself....
Inventor
#330 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 10:08 AM
I'm 30, and lately there have been more reminders of memories that make me feel old.

Most recent is when I found out somebody made a horror game based on Furby-like creatures set in 1998. What I can recall from that year is 5th/6th grade, Pinky and the Brain, those sour Warheads, tamagotchis/gigapets, and of course the Furbies. I don't think that was the Christmas I got my N64 though (must've been in '99).
Mad Poster
#331 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 11:39 AM Last edited by Charity : 4th Mar 2017 at 1:50 AM.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
One is a genius; the other's insane

To prove their mousy worth
They'll overthrow the earth
Pinky, Pinky and the Brain ...

Damn it!
Mad Poster
#332 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
I'm 30, and lately there have been more reminders of memories that make me feel old.

Most recent is when I found out somebody made a horror game based on Furby-like creatures set in 1998. What I can recall from that year is 5th/6th grade, Pinky and the Brain, those sour Warheads, tamagotchis/gigapets, and of course the Furbies. I don't think that was the Christmas I got my N64 though (must've been in '99).

hummm...I got my N64, that included Zelda Ocarina of Time (woaaaah!!! first Link in 3D mannnnnnnnnnn) as soon as it was available. (I had pre ordered it) I remember my 2nd child was a crawling baby, he was born in 97'..I don't know where I am going with this.

Link Ninja
#333 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5

I too, am now 30 but damn if 1997 wasn't a great year to have a pop cultural awakening! I was all about the Spice Girls and you can bet I had a Giga pet (compu-kitty) it was technically the first simulation game I had.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Inventor
#334 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I too, am now 30 but damn if 1997 wasn't a great year to have a pop cultural awakening! I was all about the Spice Girls and you can bet I had a Giga pet (compu-kitty) it was technically the first simulation game I had.

The Spice Girls I definitely remember. I still have their '96 album in both cassette tape and CD, but I never got a chance to view their movie. They had their 20th anniversary last year which is amazing.

All my gigapets were dinosaurs (I even have the t-rex from The Lost World: Jurassic Park). The fourth electronic I got was a little more diverse because the baby dino can grow into one of three dinosaurs: pterodactyl, brontosaurus, or I want to say triceratops. There wasn't a way to tell what the baby was going to be until the changes became somewhat noticeable upon adolescence. Problem was the toy itself was faulty (it always malfunctioned), so at rare occasions I was able to see the baby mature fully. Usually it was a pterodactyl.
Lab Assistant
#335 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 10:06 PM
16 year old here. I've played The Sims about as long as I remember, starting with The Sims 1. Believe it or not, I only played The Sims 1 (Vanilla, no less) until I was about ten because I never really looked into the newer games. Then I started playing The Sims 3 for a few years and learned about CC. I actually always thought The Sims 2 looked stupid until I tired it, but now I can't stand 3 and only play 2 & 1 (I keep trying 4, but just can't seem to get into it.)
Lab Assistant
#336 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 3:52 PM
Not saying my age, but I'm the youngest in this thread. I play TS2.
Mad Poster
#337 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Astha123
Not saying my age, but I'm the youngest in this thread. I play TS2.

Don't you worry, I doubt you'd get kicked out..

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#338 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:39 PM
Actually she may not want to, there are rules on joining age here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#339 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:43 PM
My son who is 10 plays this game. He's not part of the forum, though.
Mad Poster
#340 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:58 PM
I know Jo..but I also know I would not do anything about it myself, and I am sure I am not alone.

Scholar
#341 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 9:06 PM
about the ma'am thing that was being talked about,where i live "mam" is a way of saying mom mum mother whatever so nobody says ma'am and i'm possibly the youngest here turning a teenager only 4 months ago but i'm mature for my age and i hope i'll carry on playing sims 2 until i die

A thing i hate about being young is that everyone (my mother mostly) always says "why do you play old games like sims 2" and i say "because it's the best game...ever" .
Mad Poster
#342 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 9:10 PM
Just ask your mother why Nintendo's Virtual Console is so popular. People play older games all the time.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#343 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
I say "because it's the best game...ever" .
As one of the oldest people here, I agree with you 110%!

and I hope I'll carry on playing sims 2 until I die
And I hope that's a very, very, very long time!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#344 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 12:20 AM
And I hope that's a very, very, very long time![/QUOTE]

well it'll be 47 years until i'm 50 and even then i'll be teaching my grandkids to play...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#345 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 1:09 AM
well it'll be 47 years until i'm 50 and even then i'll be teaching my grandkids to play...

That makes you 3.

Which is a little under the age limit for this board. On the other hand, your language development is excellent for 3.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#346 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 1:27 AM Last edited by gdayars : 3rd Nov 2017 at 2:42 AM.
I am 51

or more accurately (not really )I am 39 and holding :P
Scholar
#347 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 1:57 AM
I was in my mid-twenties when I joined here (after maybe 2-3 years of playing TS2 btw), and the year I joined is part of my username... I'll let you hazard a guess as to my real age!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#348 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:09 AM
36... and in about 25 years, I'll qualify for toxic granny status in the flame warriors roster.
Mad Poster
#349 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:17 AM
I'm 25.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#350 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'm 25.

Is your birthday in the middle of a year? Because you've gone up two ages since the last time you posted your age on this thread. I've only gone up one number.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 14 of 15