Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 3:34 AM
Default Custom traits gone after update?
After the recent update for Cats and Dogs, all of my custom traits have disappeared in CAS. Any save I try to play with Sims using them (which is pretty much every save) crashes. I had to make a new save just to play the game. The only fix for it I've found is to use a repair tool by Zerbu, but the link to it is broken so that option is down the drain. If someone can tell me a fix or give me a working link for the repair tool, both would be much appreciated.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 10:17 PM
luv, custom traits and some careers don't work. C&D broke a lot of stuffs. Please go to SimsVip.com for a list of what to remove and what to update. It is a good idea to start a new game because custom traits will not be replaced so you will have sims with only one trait, or maybe two, depending on how many custom traits you gave your sims - and once you start playing them, you can't give them new traits in CAS, only by purchasing them with satisfaction points (and custom traits do not show up there). Zerbu is somewhat AWOL so who knows when the custom trait maker will get updated. There are a ton of mods that need updating. Save yourself some heartache. Update your mods folder, start a new game, and go through your sims before you play to give them basic traits again.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SkyliaShocks
After the recent update for Cats and Dogs, all of my custom traits have disappeared in CAS. Any save I try to play with Sims using them (which is pretty much every save) crashes. I had to make a new save just to play the game. The only fix for it I've found is to use a repair tool by Zerbu, but the link to it is broken so that option is down the drain. If someone can tell me a fix or give me a working link for the repair tool, both would be much appreciated.

This update has irked my last nerve! This happened in my game and so many other issues: Some households can't use stairs (fixed); some households won't eat (fixed); some households can't travel (still broken for all but ONE household for no elfin reason). I have had to develop lots of work arounds as many of these problems persisted even after repairs and fresh installs and no mods. I still long for weather/seasons, but tremble to think of the mayhem that it could bring to us CC dependent simmers.

Your custom traits can be found in the Hidden Traits log now. They still work, but do not list in CAS anymore. Keep in mind that, in my case, my traits are all Lifestyle traits and when I have assigned a game Lifestyle trait AND my CC trait I have to remove the EA trait ignorer for my CC one to show in the Hidden Traits log as an option for addition. Once I add my CC trait I can then go into CAS and manually add the EA Lifestyle traits.

I have the mod that allows for extra traits.
- To view the Hidden Traits Log I click on my sim > Cheat sim info... > Add Trait/Remove Trait.
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackPiano
Your custom traits can be found in the Hidden Traits log now. They still work, but do not list in CAS anymore. Keep in mind that, in my case, my traits are all Lifestyle traits and when I have assigned a game Lifestyle trait AND my CC trait I have to remove the EA trait ignorer for my CC one to show in the Hidden Traits log as an option for addition. Once I add my CC trait I can then go into CAS and manually add the EA Lifestyle traits.

I have the mod that allows for extra traits.
- To view the Hidden Traits Log I click on my sim > Cheat sim info... > Add Trait/Remove Trait.

What exactly do you mean by EA trait ignorer? I've been trying to get my custom traits to show up ever since the update, but nothing has worked so if you could explain it a little more I'd be extremely grateful!
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 5:55 PM
I've tried with a tool, which I think is the one BlackPiano mentions, that makes you able to choose traits in-game, and with this updated version of the mod: http://modthesims.info/d/591706 , the custom traits still seem to work. (though you can't choose them in cas.)

Hope it might be helpful!