Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:26 AM
Default Dog is often stinky but not dirty?
In a few of my households I've had a dog who often has stink fumes wafting off of it, but who doesn't have dirty fur. The stink fumes disappear after a bath, but return within a day even though the dog hasn't done anything to get dirty. It's so irritating to have to keep bathing a dog every day so I just cheat its needs and the stink cloud goes away. But I don't know if this is a bug or a 'feature'. Anyone else?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 6:20 PM
Is it "wind" ?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:56 PM
It happens to my Sim dog when he plays in a pile of fish or other stuff on the ground. Are you sure he isn't getting into something like that? Or... the skunk?

You can never have too much yarn, fabric, or books.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:39 AM
Did you try taking your dog to the vet? I haven't played around with the pack too much but maybe it's a "disease" or something....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:59 AM
lilyjosephine - I actually had someone on the Sims Forums suggest that I take it to the vet, which I hadn't even thought of. I just figured that if my pet was sick then it would have a thought bubble and an option to ask 'What's Wrong?', just like when the dog has low needs.

starrling - it's not from rolling in trash or puddles, because that makes his fur dirty as well as the stink clouds, whereas he's just got the stink clouds but no dirty fur. And I don't think he encountered a skunk, because I read that other Sims get a negative moodlet when they're around an animal that has been sprayed by a skunk and that's not coming up. And he's never off the lot other than when he's taken on walks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:23 AM
So I took my dog to the vet for a check-up and there was nothing wrong, and no option for treatment other than a preventative shot. I really don't know what's wrong.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:58 AM
That's really weird. Try repairing your game in Origin and see if that helps - maybe it's just a bug!