Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 12:17 AM
-Don't skip meals. It slows down your metabolism. Eat several small meals a day rather than a couple big ones.

-Take small portions and eat slowly. Hunger can take a while to wear off, so if you're hungry and simply eat until you're not anymore, it's easy to overeat.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 12:32 AM
Simstress, some GREAT tips! I'll try them.

Here are some that i know works, but i don't use half the time. (Coz i'm lazy.)

1. Drink HEAPS of water. At least 1.5 Litres.
2. Walk. If you're not that fit, it's really good.
3. At mealtimes, stop eating when you are almost full. (If you think to yourself, one more helping/bite will make me full - Then stop here.)
4. Eat a huge breakfast.
5. Try doing what your nephew/son/neighbour's little kid/little brother does. (They are SO active!)
6. Take a bath/good soak as often as you can. Even a soak for 30 minutes leaves you feeling lighter and healthier.
7. Laugh a lot. Even at silly random things.
8. Cut off on salty/oily things like potato crisps. Once you stop eating them for a while, and go back, it will taste quite yuck.

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
#53 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 1:38 AM
i might not have a weight issue but my mom does so i'm on a diet with her just to get her throught it. i know somethings for losing weight. sorry if i repeated anything that someone else has said

always eat breakfast. its not called the most important meal of the day for no reason
have small healthy snacks inbetween meals you'll eat less for lunch and dinner
eat wheat bread. wheat bread is healthier then white
drink lots of water. water makes the matabolism(sp) work faster and before your body can digest water it needs to heat it up which makes your body burn calories
dont eat bagoles(sp) in the morning that is a bad habit. bagoles contain lots of calories
drink less pop and more water and juice
if you do slip up and get that hamburger then get JUST a hamburger. a hamburger contains your bread, your meat, and, if you get verything on it, your vegetbles. also hamburgers are healthier then hotdogs. but dont make this your excuse!
eat your vegetbles!!! if you dont then drink V8!!
eat lots of fruit. fruit cleans out the stomach
having a hard with working out? heres a few:
if you have a game console then here a some games that have lots a movement.
Dance Dance Revolution- this game is fun and has LOTS of movement. its for all of the consoles i believe
EyeToyPlay and Play2, EyeToy Arobek(sp)- these games are fun and you have to move your hands and body to play its also can play groups of people. it also doesnt need controlers. EyeToy is for the PS2
The WII- yes i know this game is hard to get but some(i've only played a few i dont have the console) of the games involve moving your hands and body. this game will also make your body sore. so its a really good workout
if you cant get into the GYM then walk around your block once every night. getting into that habit will surely but slowly, help you lose weight

well i hope that helps anyone because i know mom and I are going to be doing some of the games and are doing the Healthy eating ways. also for more ways watch the BiggestLoser the show gives you tips on eating and working-out right and they're also doing a tour to help American too lose weight because, as sad and as shameful as it is, American is the fattest countrie. finding more info on their site will help too
Scholar
#54 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 2:23 PM
I do ballroom dancing. Some of the dances are 'low excersize' like the waltz, foxtrot, and rumba, whereas dances like quickstep, tango and the vienesse waltz especially are very energy demanding. I'm very proud to say that me and my partner are the only ones at our ballroom club who can dance the vienesse waltz for 5 minutes or more without stopping!

For those who don't know, the V.waltz steps mainly involve a step which is very similar to skipping evenly on both legs (while dancing, when showing someone the steps it looks a lot smoother than when you're with a partner), alternatly between going backwards and forwards (as in, if you're moving down the dance floor your partner might be facing where you're going when you can't see!) while also alternating whether you're turning to the left or the right. This means you need to learn the steps going backwards while going right, and going backwards while going left, and going forwards... you get the idea. Or if you're a natural just learn how to apply the steps to certain situations.

You do the steps while staying in position with your partner (or clinging to your partner, especially towards the end) as you spin around each other. My partner loves this dance, and I have to say at the beginning my posture and position is quite good, but towards the end all thoughts of posture are disapeering and my thoughts are mainly concentrated on survival! Plenty of practise is needed to overcome the dizziness while dancing, so you only notice it when you stop.

Sorry for the lecture about theory, but ballroom is great for excersize. You meet new people, get a new hobby, excellent chance to meet decent guys/girls, and get to attend some very glamous events. Great for boosting self-esteem and confidence, also. Especially with the opposite sex.

Edit:

Quote: Originally posted by SpeedingUpTheOctaves
I drink slim fast for one meal a day and eat healthy portions the rest of the day.
I excercise and drink lots of water.
I look and feel great, even though I'm still a lil over weight for my age lol.

You know why slim fast works as a weight-reducing meal?

Weight is caused by eating too much/wrong kinds of food. So if you completely remove food, you remove the weight (while also removing the nutrients). Slimfast contains these nutrients you'll lose if you skip a meal, so slimfast is basically... a supplement to skipping a meal.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Page 3 of 3