Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 5:33 PM
Default Your Christmas Present dreams come true/worst nightmares!
I saw a thread titled "Christmas is coming" and this has nothing to do with it. The other one was asking how you felt that christmas was coming around the corner, my thread is much different.

My thread is about the presents and such that we recieve on Christmas. Have you ever recieved something you haven't told anybody you wanted, but in your heart you did?

Or have you simply recieved something that can't be given in a box or wrapping paper, that your deepest desire wanted, perhaps something you prayed for and then suddenly it happens (ex. a broken connection with a family member fixed)

Or maybe, something terribly wrong happened, perhaps on Christmas day your tree went up in flames consuming the Christmas presents in it's way. Or did you simply get the worst gift anybody has ever gotten you, if so what was it? I've heard some crazy and horrible Christmas present stories before, so have you ever had one? If so tell us about it.

So now that your here, post your Christmas Present Dreams come true/Nightmares here!

I Guess I'll start.
This year it hadn't quite snowed yet and it was already December. I started loosing that "Christmas" feeling inside of my heart, because snow was one thing I could always depend on. Then there was another thing that I knew I wanted, but knew that it wasn't probably possible to get anytime soon (stating that I didn't really know any new people). One day when I was online on AIM I was so bored I decided to send an IM to the Santa Claus Robot and have one of those completely lame conversations with a computer. So when I was talking to it, it asked what would you like for Christmas? And I replied with only two things:

1. A Snowy Christmas
2. A boyfriend, that wouldn't break my heart.

I had a feeling that those things probably wouldn't come true (with global warming and all). Then yesterday something happened. Snow fell all over, snow fell into the places where I live that don't usually get snow. The snow turned the whole City into a winterwonderland just like I asked. I didn't think that this was part of that "wishlist" i sent to that Santa Bot, then suddenly one of my ex's that I haven't been able to get over easily (but it looked as if he got over me months ago) came up to me and asked if we could hang out, after awhile of hanging out he asked me out!

Seriously I couldn't believe what was happening, was this perhaps an accident or did it have to do with the wishlist i sent? I'm glad that this all happened before Christmas, because now I've got everything I wanted this year.

So now tell me what's your Christmas story?

The First Time I saw him....I knew he was the one.
Currently:A Model.
Advertisement
#2 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 10:21 PM
Amazing story! Maybe you should keep on talking to that Santa Bot...

I don't have any story like that, usually I wish for peace and quiet, for all Wars to end, and for Me to get incredible rich. It never happens. Maybe I should try the Santa Bot...
I probably had nightmarish Christmases too, but luckily for me I have a short memory. I do recall my grandmother inviting me to a family-gathering the first year after I moved away from home. Everyone there got fabulous gifts, all except me..They just said they didn't expect me to show up, or they forgot...Finally I got one parcel with a cheap candle inside.
(I still don't understand what I may have done to deserve that, I felt all left-out and invisible, and went back home with a sad feeling of being made fun of behind my back)

This year I told my husband I want a lot of parcels. I don't care so much about what's in them, I don't crave expensive things. But I love opening gifts!
(I already know he bought books for me)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 2:12 AM
I am going to start asking the Santa bot for alot more now .lol.

Who knows perhaps he can help with the world pease, etc. Who knows the Santa bot works in misterious ways .lol.

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry for that story. I would definately hate it too, if I was kind of excluded because my family thought I wouldn't "show up".

Well best of wishes with tons of parcels. Even if they're all non expensive things, it's always the thought that counts

PixieDust_Fairy

#4 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 6:33 AM
Worst gift ever-one word TIRES! Yes people I got a set of tires for Christmas one year. He should still be sleeping on the couch for that one.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 7:00 AM
Why did you get a set of Tires?
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 7:04 AM
Haha a set of tires?
I think the worst gift I got was a scary looking clown doll when I was 10.
Seriously that thing gave me nightmares!

PixieDust_Fairy

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 7:07 AM
My oddest winter holiday present ever: My four best freinds and I had been mooning over this multihundred dollar ski set last year. All of my friends had gotten some pretty extravagant presents from me, as I had pretty much inexplicably come into money. So at my holiday party they show up pushing this huge elaborately painted wooden ski sized box. Time comes to open it, I peel off the tape, inside is... packing peanuts. Under the peanuts is this big gaudily wrapped box, so I figured they'd gotten me something big, but cheaper, maybe a playstation. I open the box and find... packing peanuts. Under those was a plain cardboard box, which was filled with you guessed it, packing peanuts. In that one was a little parcel wrapped in the sunday comics, which had a very nice scrapbook. Twas extremely strange of them, but it made my season.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
#8 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tim_L
Why did you get a set of Tires?

He thought my other ones were wearing out on my car. But still...
Instructor
#9 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 4:48 PM
best christmas gift ever-
i was 10 and my sister had been born the december before, so everything was focused on "the baby" for that whole year. my birthday trip to see a real broadway show had been cancelled at the last minute because "the baby's sick", my summer had been cut shot with request to "just watch her so i can take a shower/vacuum the floors/take a nap" and i was altogather NOT feeling the christmas spirit. in october my dad told me i wasn't allowed in the basement and started asking all sorts of odd questions like 'whats your favorite color' and do you like those fancy chandaliers with all the crystals or just plain brass ones' needless to say i was uber-curious as to what was going on...til christmas morning when i came down stairs to find a HUGE victorian styled dollhouse that my father had built himself,wired with lights and covered in the fancy gingerbread trim....needless to say i was thrilled and i still have it to this day,although it needs some repairs from being moved a few times. THAT was my best christmas gift ever.

worst one evr was one of a let down- my best friend in high school gave me a present and i unwrapped a gameboy color box! only to be let down when she told me to stop hugging her and open the box, which contained a set of glittery scrunchies and barrettes...lol...talk about a let down for both of us.

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 5:15 PM
Default Worst
My family used to do pollyanas (is that how you spell that?) all the time. When I was like 13 my Uncle Mark (who had no children) pulled my name. I was so excited about my present...(he's a musician so who knows what I'd be getting from my cool musician uncle). I opened it up.... and it was 'Sebastian's Caribbean Jamboree' ... a sing along tape (Oh god tape I'm showing my age huh?) I didn't do a good job at all at hiding my disappointment and said an awkward, "Wow... thank you... I love it" lol He completely didn't realize until that moment that I was waay too old for it... I felt bad because he felt bad.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 6:52 PM
my best friend moved away 2 weeks ago, and i lost contact with him, the last thing he promissed was that he would get a tattoo of the chinese letter "L" cause that is the first letter of my name. that is definatly rthe best present ever.

and i would definatly want to see Jim back, i don't care for anything, i only want jim
perhaps i would want good christmas exams.
#12 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 7:09 PM
Whats the email for santabot

My best christmas present, hmm.

I was four years old and had never really had any extravegant gifts, my parents where short on money and although me and my brother always had an amazing christmas, we couldn't really afford any new gadgets or dolls houses. So I was excited about Santa coming and mum would always jingle bells outside at 2 in the morning, and when I came down and opened all my presents I was a very happy girl. I had everything I wanted; Barbie dolls, Polly Pocket, teddy bears, princess dresses and such. I was just about to go upstairs when I noticed a huge shadow in the corner of the lounge, it was covered in a large blanket, I pulled it down and discovered a rocking horse, it was the best shock ever! I called her Brownie, and only quite recently did she have to go. Unfortunalty she was bit bruised and broken, and I couldn't use her anymore and my parents took her away to the tip, I was 13 and cried for ages,

I don't think i've had any horrible presents like that, although once my mum had bought a huge expensive turkey, and on christmas eve she left it out in the garage to defrost and on christmas, she found out our next door neighbours cat had ravaged it! It was disgsusting, all chewed up and horrible. We had to buy a small little chicken
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NaNaGirl
Worst gift ever-one word TIRES! Yes people I got a set of tires for Christmas one year. He should still be sleeping on the couch for that one.

hahah, sorry thats hilarious...sounds like a gift from daddy?
#14 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 6:16 PM
Worst present was actually a birthday present! My boyfriend got me tacky underwear for my birthday -> red with a huge heart and barely there knickers which there was no way in hell I was going to wear for him! No matter how nice he thought I looked in them! Needless to say he wasn't so popular that birthday! The only kisses I let him give me were chocolate ones wrapped in silver paper

Best Christmas present HAS to be the year that the hairdesser shaved me! I literally got almost my entire gorgeous long blonde hair cut off when the hairdresser misinterpreted what I had said and I was completely distraught! Anyway, the best Christmas present was that year when Mum forked out 200quid for hair extensions! Thankfully my hair has grown back by now, but I can't believe she paid all that money she got A LOT of kisses that christmas lol
#15 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 6:37 PM
Poor NaNaGirl! My dad would get my stepmom things for her car at every Christmas. Yeah, he's thick headed and doesn't learn. No wonder they ended up divorced!

My worst gift is actually a Christmas Eve gift. In our family growing up everyone was allowed to open one gift on Christmas eve, the rest would wait till morning. That year must have been really tight for my family as I only had three gifts that year, and I wanted a good one to open on Christmas Eve. My dad placed this nice sized box on my lap, I got so excited. Tore it open to find a pillow inside. A freakin pillow. What fun can a girl have with a pillow?

Best gift ever... That would have to be from my mom. She wrote this really pretty poem for me and printed it out on nice paper. I still want to frame that one day.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 7:23 PM
My cousin/best friend raechel always gives me used presents
but its funny! It started one year she was broke and decided to be a re-gifter. She gave me a set of candles she had received for her b-day. she didnt realize that I would remember those specific candles...she felt so bad but I didnt care that it was re-gifted. We've known each other our whole life, and as wierd as it seems, I was still happy. So, since then she always throws in something old/used to keep up the tradition.
-one year she gave me a half used bottle of lotion
-one year some tampons...BUT those were NOT used of course!

she's actually already told me she was clothes shopping and picked up something for me for xmas...the tables have turned and this year I am broke. I think I may just end up re-gifting for her she will love it though!
#17 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 5:36 PM
I unexpectedly got PlayStation3 as an early Christmas gift from my hubby tonight (I'm going to my parents on friday and will stay there till day before New Years Eve) and I am extremely happy It's probably the only Christmas gift I'm getting this year as we are broke after redecorating but it's probably the best I've ever got (after all those candies and tangerines my parents used to add to my gifts when I was a kid).
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 9:53 PM
Best Christmas Present ever:
When I was a kid I was always, always playing Princess. I was obsessed with it. And when I was 7 my brother and his wife got me this amazing Princess Dress. It was a light pink crinoline drss with lots of tulle (?) and lace roses on it. It was sooo beautiful. I kept wearing it for the rest of the holidays and even when I grew out of it I kept wearing it. I still have it at home somewhere, I just couldn't throw it away.

The worst present ever was a birthday present from my boyfriend.
I have an obsession with handbags and my boyfriend got me one on the first birthday we spent together. It was a jeans handbag in the shape of a jeans, horrible! I hated it. But we had just been together for 2 months and he was so excited I didn't want to hurt him. I never used it, maybe once or twice. I only told him a couple of months ago how much I hated it, and we've been together for 4 years now. :D
#19 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 2:07 AM
I got a nice grounding.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 8:15 PM
Being a teacher, I get all kinds of crazy weird gifts. This year we actually got bbq sauce and mustard!! We get all kinds of lotions, soaps, ornaments, plants, and Christmas plates. I have gotten at least 2 Christmas plates every Christmas for the past 5 years! Someone gave me an ornament thats the size of a softball!!! Its huge! Now how am i going to put that on my tree???? lol I looks like a disco ball, so i hung it from one of those little cup hooks in the corner of my nephews room.

The best gift to get you kids teacher for Christmas is a gift card!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! lol

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr