Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 4:50 AM Last edited by mgjv : 3rd Jul 2009 at 5:47 AM.
Default Lifetime rewards mod?
Hi,

I might be wrong, but I haven't seen any lifetime rewards mods out yet.

I am trying to figure out a way to keep the 'change lifetime wish' reward available after you achieve your first lifetime wish, but haven't been able to find the bits and pieces that control this. I was expecting an XML file with some control information in it, but can't seem to find it.

I have looked though all the game packages, especially and specifically the GameplayData.package, but none of the files in there strikes me as the one. I have found the file that defines the reward as a trait (traits.xml - 0x905E2204EBCAC0B6), but nothing that controls the reward not being available after achieving a lifetime wish.

Has anyone else already figured out where lifetime rewards are controlled? Is this maybe done in the code somewhere, rather than in XML?

Thanks,
Martien
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 7:54 AM
There's at least one mod that affects lifetime happiness points (= lifetime rewards), by Carrigon: http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=3066 Maybe looking at that will help?

Seems like what you really want is something that deals with the LTW, though, not the happiness points. I haven't run across anything like that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 12:24 PM
Indeed. I'm not looking to modify the lifetime points, and not even the amount of lifetime points one needs to buy awards (that's doable in the XML file I mentioned earlier). I'm specifically looking for the test that disables the 'change lifetime wish' award.

I have the feeling, however, that that is done in code somewhere, rather than controlled by some XML.