Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 12:51 PM Last edited by Akito : 30th Mar 2005 at 12:56 PM.
Default Newly Adopted Children screwing up badly
I have a problem with adopted children, sometimes there´s something very wrong with them. This started after installing University.

First child: A toddler girl who thought she was the daughter of a dead couple (who had lived on another lot and died, she was the daughter of the couple before taken by the social worker). New Adopting parents had a connection as if they had a child, but the girl was not on their family tree, but on the dead familys family tree. She also had no wants. She cannot do family-social activites with her new family. She wore original Maxis clothing, not the ones I bought.
- I removed a hack after that incident "No social worker" and she got her wants back when she turned a child (I couldn´t find that hack at first)

Second child: (sibling to the first child) Toddler girl. Everything was A-Okay. (lol, repairman says that) She was not a sibling to the other girl and was alone as a child of adopting couple. She wore my storebought clothings.
Both girls came from my Benjamin and Prof. Talin family, Prof. had a alienkid in the same house who didn´t have any problems.

Third child: Toddler boy. Adopted on another lot with new parents, everything worked perfect until he turned a kid, he didn´t have his want "grow up well" points (though in platinum), but then he wouldn´t stop aging! He turned another age-stage in just a few seconds! The aging is "stuck" on 1 day left, there is no way to turn this off. He just stands still and ages, he ages so quickly I can´t move him to drink elixir of life. I tried moving in another family in the house, because they usually "bump" all Sims to do nothing, but the boy kept aging anyway, all other sims were "bumped".

None of these problems ever affect normal kids, I did adopt over 10 children before University that didn´t catch the bug.
I have a lot of hacks installed (lots lots), but the only not university ready I kept/non-removed are "Phonehack" and the hack that makes the aspiration drop slower.
I used to have the "Go to class bug", but I removed all hacks necsary and fixed it myself.

Other bugs I have with University:
- When shopping clothing for teen girls, they are "one meter under the normal position". Don´t know how to explain, where other Sims have their wasteline, my teen girl has her head. She looks normal otherwise, I just can´t see her legs because the screen blocks them. Her head starts where toddlers heads starts.
- When I call people on the cellphone, when the call finished they appear in my house. I actually like that bug.
- I have no Secret Society, I have never seen a toga-guy in my game. (I have Academy Le Tour as Collage)
- Chair, toilets and other stuff gets "stuck" in Collage/Dorms and nobody can use them. I bought a guy two toilets, but they both got stuck after some time. I had to use cheat to get rid of them. Students were screaming their heads off when they couldn´t sit on a chair and study. Those chairs were put there by Maxis as an original design.

I love adopting kids, but I guess I have to get some hack to make my gay couples have kids of their own. :confused:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 6:57 PM
I also had a bug involving adoption today.. the social worker came to my house and was just frozen completely still across the street. She had the baby litterally hanging from her shoulder while her arms were down, just standing there like a statue and not even blinking. Since buy and build mode were disabled I couldn't grab the baby off her shoulder while deleting her.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 7:00 PM
and by the way that isn't a bug. The toga people are people from greek houses and there aren't any at academie le tour unless you make it yourself. The people who are part of the secret society walk around with black blazers that have a llama stitched into the corner.