Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:13 PM
Default My game stopped working.
It used to work fine, but recently I re-installed it, and it no longer works, every time i try to start up the game I get a box that says something about graphic adapters, can someone help me please? :confused:
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:27 PM
You need to describe the situation fully. Did you have to reinstall your entire system? If not, did you have to reinstall anything else besides the game? If you just reinstalled the game, why did you do this? Was there a problem with the game originally? Did you change any parts of your computer? If so, what did you change? What OS are you running? Is the game legit? What exactly does it say in that dialogue box?

Please give as much info as you are able, so your problem can be addressed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:31 PM
I reinstalled just the game, because it was running slowly, probablly caused by my habit of downloading hacks. No i didn't change any parts of my computer, I'm running Windows 98, and i don't know what legit means.
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nobodys_Girl_513
i don't know what legit means.
I was just asking if the game was a dubbed copy, or store bought. Still need to know what exactly is in the dialogue box though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:40 PM
store bought and hang on i tell you in a minute
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:43 PM
Try reinstalling your graphic adapter, also make sure that you have direct9X installed. Legit means legal. Is it a copied version or did you buy it from the store.

Did you know these colors that you're shinin' are
Surely not the best............. Crossfade
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:44 PM
"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters inthis system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yada_Yada_Sc
Try reinstalling your graphic adapter, also make sure that you have direct9X installed.

I did that
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:45 PM
twice, at least
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:47 PM
When you uninstalled the game, did you uninstall anything else or did you just drag it to the trash can?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:48 PM
Ok, you said it ran but slow. What kind of adapter do you have. IF you have the CD to your graphic adapter reinstall it. That should do the trick and also the DirectX 9.0 . OH and sometimes you just need to remove spyware and cookies from your pc, also Scandisc and refrag. often.

Did you know these colors that you're shinin' are
Surely not the best............. Crossfade
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:50 PM
How many Graphic adapters do you have on the one pc
You might have to go and enable it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:53 PM
i think i only have one graphic adapter, and i don't know where the cd for it is.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:54 PM
Right Click on My computer then properties, then device manager, look under display adapters and see if the adapter is listed. If it is and there is a yellow mark on it ,Or a red X it has a problem. You need to click on it and then go to properties and enable it .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:56 PM
and how do i enable it
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:56 PM Last edited by Amish Nick : 26th Apr 2005 at 11:59 PM.
Few quick questions

1. what graphics adapter do you have.

2 How fast is you computer.

3 How much mem.

Mad scientist at work.
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:57 PM
Also, if you reinstalled the graphics adapter before uninstalling it, then you will have two (or more) copies, which will cause problems. In Win98 you have to boot to safe mode, remove your graphics adapters, reboot, then reinstall.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 12:00 AM
After you have right click on it and go to properties, you will see disable in this hardware profile and you will also see exists in all hardware profiles. check the exist in all hardware profiles. Now I have Windows ME so yours might be set up differently.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 12:02 AM
not sure what graphic adapter i have, my dad is the one who reinstalled it. i' not sure how fast my computer is, and do you mean how much free mem, or total mem?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 12:03 AM
yes i'll admit, i'm a bit slow when it comes to computers
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 12:06 AM
Total Mem. The amount of DDR mem installed and also if you know graphics chips mem also
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 12:06 AM
whats DDR?
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 12:07 AM
Mem is Memory. I can try and help you... right-click on your desktop and select "Properties", select the "Settings" tab and tell me what it says under "Display:".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 12:08 AM
and i don't know the graphic chip mem
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 12:09 AM
Laymems terms DDR is the memory chips installed in your computer.
Page 1 of 2