Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2018 at 12:21 AM
Default A problem with a object after load the game
Hello.
I want to clone a minorpet with t sims workshop. It is animated without functional interactions what is good for me because I want it just for decor, but when I save my game and I load my game again, it disappears.
Is there anything I can do to fix it?
Thank you very much.
Advertisement
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 16th May 2018 at 8:03 AM
What did you use as your base clone object. What you should do is export the mesh and open it in milkshape. Then save the object as an obj file, and import the obj file into milkshape. This clears all the joint assignment. Now Clone a base object that you want it to be like (since you need it as a decorative object, it's better to Clone a decorative object too). The follow your normal importation into your Sims mesh well I'll you are using.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:51 PM
Thank you but I can't do that because I need to keep the original animation of the object.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
#4 Old 17th May 2018 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silvian
Thank you but I can't do that because I need to keep the original animation of the object.

You said you want to keep it as deco in your first post. So Why di you want to keep the animation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2018 at 12:55 AM
No, I meant that I want to use an animated object from the game as a decor item, and I can clone the animated object with the sims3workshop because the object is already animated, but when I save my game and I reload it, the objects has disappeared. I need to do a change to the object in order to not disappear when I reload the game, The object that I want is this:

http://www.sims3updates.net/obj/sim...obj_18975_M.jpg
Echezzman Nwokeoma
#6 Old 18th May 2018 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silvian
No, I meant that I want to use an animated object from the game as a decor item, and I can clone the animated object with the sims3workshop because the object is already animated, but when I save my game and I reload it, the objects has disappeared. I need to do a change to the object in order to not disappear when I reload the game, The object that I want is this:

http://www.sims3updates.net/obj/sim...obj_18975_M.jpg

OK, I think I understand you. If am the one doing this, I will go about it this way.
A) clone the snake and extract and save the mesh.
B) Determine the deco category I want it to be in as a deco object, and clone an object from that category as my base object.
C) In milkshape, switch the clone object mesh if the snake to replace the base game deco object from B above
D) Select the snake mesh after assigning the correct group, hit the joint tab and assign the deco joint to it. Then export and save as .wso
E) Import the snake mesh to replace the deco object from High detail to low detail.
F) Import the image files for the snake that you would have exported when you did A above.
G) Edit name and description and export export your work as a package file and save in your mods folder