Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 2:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Unknown Error
Hello, I've been having a problem lately with my game wich is getting a message when starting the game (attached as image bellow and it occurs to ANY SAVED GAME). I tried browsing through the forums for a olution but so far, no luck. I don't know what is causing it ( wich is why I'm listing it as "other") and I've tried browsing through recently installed cc but as far as I can tell there shouldn't be anything wrong with my game! I tried running NRAAS ErrorTrap and the rar. files I've attached are what it came up with. I have uninstalled it now because it caused bugs in my game. As for the gameplay, whenever I play after this started showing up I keep getting random bugs (mods glitching, the game ignoring them while they are properly installed (ex, my plants dying with normal lifespan even though I have a plant life extension mod) , the mod being there and working but the game giving the impresion it is not (I have a curfew disabler mod but even though it is working the game still showed the message reminding me my teenager had a curfew) etc). Please somebody help because even though these are minor bugs I'm afraid one day I will run into big ones that will ruin my game!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ScriptError_user-PC__07-31-2018__21-13-47__88094E05.rar (786 Bytes, 8 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  ScriptError_user-PC__08-15-2018__13-59-02__76F3F70C.rar (1.7 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  ScriptError_user-PC__08-15-2018__19-17-11__3B3F3220.rar (2.6 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 3:46 PM
I can't decompress any of those rar files, I keep getting compression errors so I can't read the ErrorTrap logs. And, by the way, ErrorTrap is not well known for causing bugs, it is far better known for finding and reporting on them so we know what to fix as well as providing game file cleanup (garbage data collection) along the way. From what I can see of the on-screen error, you have an XML based mod that is malformed or suddenly acting up. It might be a custom career as we suspected previously or something else. Try running a test game with no mods at all, or just as good, only NRaas mods, and the scriptCache file cleared. If the error subsides, then it has to be due to something that you have just removed and it will take some effort to find out what the culprit was.

Support for NRaas mods including ErrorTrap is provided at NRaas, but we're kind of running into a brick wall here if you won't bring the error logs and descriptions of any issues the mod appears to be causing to us. From a former thread on this site:
Quote: Originally posted by SeitamaGenos
I don't have an account on WikiSpaces and since they are closing down I don't see the point in making one.

As you wish. Good luck with your game then, if this is still the case, or perhaps we will see you on our new site later this fall.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I can't decompress any of those rar files, I keep getting compression errors so I can't read the ErrorTrap logs. And, by the way, ErrorTrap is not well known for causing bugs, it is far better known for finding and reporting on them so we know what to fix as well as providing game file cleanup (garbage data collection) along the way. From what I can see of the on-screen error, you have an XML based mod that is malformed or suddenly acting up. It might be a custom career as we suspected previously or something else. Try running a test game with no mods at all, or just as good, only NRaas mods, and the scriptCache file cleared. If the error subsides, then it has to be due to something that you have just removed and it will take some effort to find out what the culprit was.

Support for NRaas mods including ErrorTrap is provided at NRaas, but we're kind of running into a brick wall here if you won't bring the error logs and descriptions of any issues the mod appears to be causing to us. From a former thread on this site:

As you wish. Good luck with your game then, if this is still the case, or perhaps we will see you on our new site later this fall.

Thank you for the heads up. I do remember installing a mod that seemed to be a core one (and I didn't think it was) and maybe this is causing the error. Here's the mod page ( I downloaded the combo pack) http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=370508 . I thought it added extra clothing options for my male sims ( I already have some other morphs for the same thing so, maybe they tried to overlap one another and bugged out). I will try running the game after uninstalling it and any recent mod I have.

Also, I got the .rar files into screenshots for further help. They were created after only one gaming session and I think one of them contained the ErrorTrap bug. It is plausible that I have a mod that conflicts with ErrorTrap and it's causing bugs (this time my sim couldn't buy groceries, he would reset as soon as he walked through the market's door). The previous one (with the easter eggs) was resolved as soon as I removed the mod but due to life I was unable to play for a while let alone post the results and for that I apologise.

About the custom careers, I haven't installed a new one for a very long time so, unless something bugged out all of sudden then that can't be it.
I did install a mod that enable the "find a proffesion" interaction for teens but that was after I first encountered the error ( I will also uninstall it, just in case).

About the scriptCatche file, if we are talking about the scriptcatche.package I'm constantly deleting it before firing up the game along with others to reduce lag/loading times. About the mods thing, I don't know how to disable JUST THE MODS and since my sims are 99% cc-made I'm afraid they might crash If I disable everything. Anyway, I will try removing the main suspects first (the mods I mentioned earlier) and see how it goes from here on. Thank you for your time!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 9:29 PM Last edited by igazor : 17th Aug 2018 at 9:50 PM.
It looks to me like you have a food related mod such as one of the ingredients overhauls or one of icarus' mods that is outdated or is a version that relies upon an EP or store set for EP or store set specific ingredients that is now not loading. The issue with the grocery stores is happening when the game is trying to build the grocery shopping interface and it is choking on the Shop by Recipe tab (even if you never use this, not all of us do) because there are recipes it is trying to read that are incomplete or just are not there.

Let's take one of very many examples. Suppose you are playing without Supernatural, so there are no mushrooms in the game. One of the mods is trying to build a recipe list that includes mushrooms as an ingredient, the game is saying "I have no idea what that is" and is bouncing the interface and your sim out of the grocery store. Again, just an example it could be any ingredient that is now missing and causing that to happen.

ErrorTrap does not cause these errors. It reveals them so we get more clues as to what the problem really is.

CmarNYC's preg morph mods are fine, it's pretty rare that they will conflict with anything unless you have an old version of hers and new one at the same time. Or two pieces of her collections where only one was meant to be chosen. These aren't Core Mods at all, there are only 6 TS3 Core Mods in popular usage and as far as I can see you only have (or had) one.
NRaas ErrorTrap
NRaas UntranlsatedKey
AwesomeMod
CmarNYC's XCAS
Consort's 2X Weight/Fitness
Gamefreak130's World Loading Screen Overhaul

It's okay to have more than one Core Mod as long as they don't conflict. AwesomeMod for example conflicts with two of the others and requires a special version of Gamefreak's as a third. NRaas ErrorTrap doesn't conflict with any of them.

I don't understand why it's complicated to remove your mods for testing, I'm talking about starting up a new test game for this purpose not trying to load an existing one so there wouldn't be any sims or lots already mod-affected. But if it's simpler to work this way, pull out your entire TS3 user game to the Desktop or rename it so that a new, no content at all game folder forms, and start up a test game on that instead. If no issues, then re-create your mods Framework and put the NRaas mods back in. If still no issues, then test what remains in small batches or use the 50/50 (binary sort) method -- put half of your remaining mods back in, test, if okay then half of the remaining half but if not remove half of what you just added. By proceeding backwards and forwards by remaining halves you should be able to isolate the culprit(s) fairly quickly.

And I will say this one more time, if you had come to us at NRaas with these error logs we could have told you how to upload them to us in a different manner so that the sequences of screenshots wouldn't have to be provided and you would get the benefit of our developer seeing them -- he often spots things in these logs that the rest of us miss seeing, might suggest a debugging utility that we do not have access to, etc.

Edit: And to add, since I mentioned this only in passing, are you certain that all of the EPs you intend to load are actually loading by way of the Packs & Stuff Launcher tab? Ongoing games that have "seen" certain EPs will not be playable if the EPs in question are suddenly not there on it.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 11:10 PM
Many players keep their mods and package based CC all blended together in Mods\Packages and, after a while, cannot really tell them apart just by looking at the file names. And then there's the category of scripted objects, not really "just" CC but not entirely a mod either. Sort of a grey area. There's nothing technically wrong with not keeping actual mods and other forms of package based content in separate nested subfolders inside of Packages, but it does stand to make later troubleshooting efforts like these more challenging.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 11:55 PM Last edited by SeitamaGenos : 19th Aug 2018 at 12:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It looks to me like you have a food related mod such as one of the ingredients overhauls or one of icarus' mods that is outdated or is a version that relies upon an EP or store set for EP or store set specific ingredients that is now not loading. The issue with the grocery stores is happening when the game is trying to build the grocery shopping interface and it is choking on the Shop by Recipe tab (even if you never use this, not all of us do) because there are recipes it is trying to read that are incomplete or just are not there.

Let's take one of very many examples. Suppose you are playing without Supernatural, so there are no mushrooms in the game. One of the mods is trying to build a recipe list that includes mushrooms as an ingredient, the game is saying "I have no idea what that is" and is bouncing the interface and your sim out of the grocery store. Again, just an example it could be any ingredient that is now missing and causing that to happen.

ErrorTrap does not cause these errors. It reveals them so we get more clues as to what the problem really is.

CmarNYC's preg morph mods are fine, it's pretty rare that they will conflict with anything unless you have an old version of hers and new one at the same time. Or two pieces of her collections where only one was meant to be chosen. These aren't Core Mods at all, there are only 6 TS3 Core Mods in popular usage and as far as I can see you only have (or had) one.
NRaas ErrorTrap
NRaas UntranlsatedKey
AwesomeMod
CmarNYC's XCAS
Consort's 2X Weight/Fitness
Gamefreak130's World Loading Screen Overhaul

It's okay to have more than one Core Mod as long as they don't conflict. AwesomeMod for example conflicts with two of the others and requires a special version of Gamefreak's as a third. NRaas ErrorTrap doesn't conflict with any of them.

I don't understand why it's complicated to remove your mods for testing, I'm talking about starting up a new test game for this purpose not trying to load an existing one so there wouldn't be any sims or lots already mod-affected. But if it's simpler to work this way, pull out your entire TS3 user game to the Desktop or rename it so that a new, no content at all game folder forms, and start up a test game on that instead. If no issues, then re-create your mods Framework and put the NRaas mods back in. If still no issues, then test what remains in small batches or use the 50/50 (binary sort) method -- put half of your remaining mods back in, test, if okay then half of the remaining half but if not remove half of what you just added. By proceeding backwards and forwards by remaining halves you should be able to isolate the culprit(s) fairly quickly.

And I will say this one more time, if you had come to us at NRaas with these error logs we could have told you how to upload them to us in a different manner so that the sequences of screenshots wouldn't have to be provided and you would get the benefit of our developer seeing them -- he often spots things in these logs that the rest of us miss seeing, might suggest a debugging utility that we do not have access to, etc.

Edit: And to add, since I mentioned this only in passing, are you certain that all of the EPs you intend to load are actually loading by way of the Packs & Stuff Launcher tab? Ongoing games that have "seen" certain EPs will not be playable if the EPs in question are suddenly not there on it.

Hello again! Thank you for the advice but I think I might have tracked down the culprit. While I was about to follow your advice and run a new modless game (as in mods that alter game functionality and not simple CC) I decided to also check the folder for any core mods I might have forgotten I downloaded. And I came across THIS MOD http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=354382 which was both installed around the time the problem showed up AND is an XML altering mod. Plus, according to the description (screenshot included) there was a posibility that it would be INCOMPATIBLE UNLESS ANOTHER "X" MOD WAS INSTALLED (one I don't have). Now, I will remove just this first (before removing mods all together) then run a new test game and see what happens.

About the ingredients overhaul I had them installed months before and everything run fine until recently plus, the ingredients were the one thing not malfunctioning once these past few days (maybe because of this mod http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523004 wich overrides the need for specific ingredients (I have the main mod + the WoodFireOven + Tuning)).

The overhauls I have are these (all of them up-to-date)
1) http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=548787 (the Edited_CookingAndIngredientsOverhaul + GreekRecipesPlantsIngredients_Light)
2) http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=555310 (the Green Vegetables Recipes_Heavy +Green Vegetables and condiments)

I also have many custom foods, plants and recipes intalled (outside the overhaul ones) but they never caused me problems before. I could go buy them normally at the market + order the custom foods at restaurants without any errors.

I also have many of CmarNYC's XCAS mods along with some other ones, (screenshot included) but I installed these before even playing the game for the first time and since I was careful so they wouldn't overlap I doupt they caused the error.

As for my EPs and STP they are always brightly highlighted when I open the launcher so I think they are loading properly.

Finally one more question: Is it possible for scripted objects to cause that error (I recently installed a mod that scripted weapons in my game) even if it was installed correctly but not updated to patch 1.67 (my current one) because of no changes to the parts it used? I have a few mods made for older patches that were not updated for the same reason but were also tested with 1.67 and everything worked out fine.

That was it. I just run the game (an existing one) and everything was back to normal. I guess I should be more careful or try NOT DOWNLOADING MODS IN THE DEAD OF THE NIGHT WHEN ONLY HALF (hopefully) OF MY BRAIN IS FUNCTIONAL SO I WON'T FORGET THINGS I NEED TO DO !
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 5:23 AM Last edited by igazor : 19th Aug 2018 at 5:38 AM.
1 - Yes, Kolipoki's mod hasn't been updated since 2010 and it is known to break grocery stores as seen in the mod's comments. Any mod that suggests using Indie Stone as a tool of some sort is not up to date. Indie Stone was a predecessor of NRaas a very long time ago. That is likely what ErrorTrap was trying to tell us, in a roundabout way, and the error on-screen as well.

2 - I hope you don't really have all of those XCAS files in your live game folder. We are meant to choose one (TuningSliders X2, X3, X4) and choose one (TuningSlidersNumber50,TuningSliders100, or create our own tuning file from any one of them which is really quite easy), not install them all together.
Instructor
#8 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 6:17 AM
Playing with mods not updated or properly checked for compatibility with the version of the game you are playing with can cause bugs and game problems. Play testing with them in may seem to show they are working but can break things that cause later problems. I have used Error Trap in my game for years and it has caught and fixed more game errors than I can even remember, and kept my game from crashing. It isn't a mod to put in and take out to quick fix errors, it needs to be in to fix them as they pop up so they don't build up. You should also be running the dashboard tool ( http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006 ) over your mods to check for conflicts as it does find glaring ones. And as I gator said it isn't necessary to keep your mods and cc separate but I do highly recommend it if you don't, makes it easier to find problems when they pop up, especially if you keep new stuff in a test folder till you have a chance to play with it in game for awhile.