Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 4:25 PM
Default height map problem
since I patched (got basegame only, 1.14.11..., re-downloaded CAW as it was said to have been fixed by EA), all the maps I open, regardless of height, come out weird, like, I can't dig deeper with the valley tool (or with the flatten terrain tool) to a point where the terrain won't show anymore under water, you know, where it goes blue. How is one supposed to build an island this way? or work the edges of a world? has anyone else come across this?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 10:58 AM
Probably your height maps are all black where you want seafloor. Black is the lowest point so you can't dig any deeper. You can either incorporate seafloor into your height maps or lighten up the height map in Photoshop and dig your seafloor in CAW.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 5:05 PM
In CAW you can also adjust sea level.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 8:47 PM
thanks for the replies, none of this works tho, I'm afraid; tried to adjust the sea level but it's useless. before I patched, I used to be able to flatten terrain starting from any point in the sea and thus work the edges of the land, and there was a clear distinction between sea and land. what I think I am Going to do is, say good-bye to my precious half-finished worlds that I have been working on - for months!!! and re-install CAW. in tears... if that won't work, I'll sell TS3 on ebay muhahahaha
Forum Resident
#5 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 7:19 AM
Don't get rid of them, just pull the UserToolData file and plop it on your desktop. Then replace it after you reinstall.

Sorry if you already knew this, it just sounded like you didn't know you had an option.