Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 5:18 PM
Pose Player: Help On Making Custom Poses
ok so I've replied the original thread on the tutorial, but have not gotten any help, so I am going to start a new thread. Ok so this is basically the first step that is not working for me, when I goto S3PE nad goto open and click on FullBuild0 it gives me this message:
Hi I am trying it for the first time and when I goto S3PE and I try to open FullBuild0 it says error and alos says this and also I think my S3PE maybe be a little outdated but the download link you have will not work, here is what it says:
Could not open package:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild0.package
Front-end Distribution: 10-1104-1243
Library Distribution: 10-1104-1243
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild0.package' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at s3pi.Package.Package.OpenPackage(Int32 APIversion, String PackagePath, Boolean readwrite)

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_PackageFilenameChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

and I have checked my S3PE editor and it is up to date but I dunno if this makes a difference but I have not played sims 3 yet with the mod, but it is installed, I will try, to see if that makes a difference.

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 6:18 PM
I would guess from the error (access denied) that you are using a user account that does not have full privileges. Try again with an administrator-level account.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WesHowe
I would guess from the error (access denied) that you are using a user account that does not have full privileges. Try again with an administrator-level account.

I tried with administrator but it still didnt work... I have tried everything that I can think of....

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~lilly~
I tried with administrator but it still didnt work... I have tried everything that I can think of....

I had the exact same problem and was on the verge of giving up but read another thread which almost made sense to me! Click the FullBuild0 option, then under the files type box there is a tick box which is unticked, and says open as read only. Tick this, hit open, and all will be well.

(Though don't quote me on that)!!!!!!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 1:02 PM
Tick the readonly box when opening one of the fullbuild files with s3pe. It is designed to prevent you accidentally editing the game's install files.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:39 PM
Or copy/duplicate the fullbuild files and place them in a project folder, open those