Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 10:42 AM
Default adding 4th channel to an object that has 3 recolor channels
Is there any way to add a 4th channel an object that has 3 recolor channels?

Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zvezdan
Is there any way to add a 4th channel an object that has 3 recolor channels?

Inge's Texture Tweaker Tool does this with a single button click You can find it at Simlogical here:

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=625.0
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 11:34 AM Last edited by zvezdan : 24th Feb 2012 at 11:45 AM.
Thank you. But i read an example tutorial that Inge had written and thats not what i want. But when i scrolled down the page i saw this *In version 0.20, there is now a feature to upgrade non-castable and 3-channel objects to 4-channel castable* Im not a user of S3OC and s3pe, so i dont know how to do it. And Inge didnt mention anything about how to do this. Can you help me a bit more? What do i have to do to make it have 4 channels? Where is that single click button?

EDIT: I found that single click button and managed to get 4 channels. But when i imported it to TSRW instead of replacing the 1st counter model it created a new one. Is there any way to overwrite that variation? What color to add or how to edit my multiplier for the 4th channel?

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 11:54 AM
I'm going to have to try this myself. I really don't know why TSRW appears to have such trouble with this. But one thing I do need to point out straight away is TextureTweaker only operates on one part of the counter set at a time, you need to swap to each of them and upgrade each to 4 channels. That will give you 6 items in the set (according to WS). What I don't get, with that tool, is it should be either looking at the xmls or the objds, not both! at least that way you'd only get the 3, even if the name had changed. (I borrow the xml from the butterfly which is a 4-channel object, you see)

I don't want to downplay the contribution to creating that TSRW makes, but for this more flexible modding, you could do worse than learn how to use the other tools such as s3oc.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#5 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zvezdan
Thank you. But i read an example tutorial that Inge had written and thats not what i want. But when i scrolled down the page i saw this *In version 0.20, there is now a feature to upgrade non-castable and 3-channel objects to 4-channel castable* Im not a user of S3OC and s3pe, so i dont know how to do it. And Inge didnt mention anything about how to do this. Can you help me a bit more? What do i have to do to make it have 4 channels? Where is that single click button?

EDIT: I found that single click button and managed to get 4 channels. But when i imported it to TSRW instead of replacing the 1st counter model it created a new one. Is there any way to overwrite that variation? What color to add or how to edit my multiplier for the 4th channel?

I don't use tsrw so I don't know why it's adding a new model instead of changing your original one. But in order for your fourth channel to work in game you need to edit the mask. The fourth channel needs to be a white alpha on the mask.
#6 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 1:40 PM
Ok, it replaced for me. I think maybe you didn't delete all your Project Contents before re-importing.

However, I have discovered a couple of problems.
1) This object won't work at all in the very latest TT3, only in the last release, 0.20.
2) The version it's working in will only upgrade one of the parts.

Summary: I need to do some further work on my tool

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 4:44 PM
Inge, what do you mean by project contents? Are you saying it isn't possible to do this at the moment even with your knowledge? So are you gonna fix that problem soon or when? Is it possible to do this with s3oc?
#8 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 6:30 PM
well presuming you exported your object as a package in order to add the 4th channel, you then had to import it back to your WS project. That was almost certainly done via Edit/Project Contents?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 7:16 PM
Yeah, i exported that way.. Silly me.. Anyways im gonna write you down what i did step by step...
i exported the as package via Edit/Project Contents
opened TT3
opened the package file
clicked on the first project in object
clicked upgrade to 4 channels castable
then the error message popped out
i clicked continue
then it said object is not castable
i exported it as a new project in tsrw and still it had that new butterflies channel

Can you tell me what im doing wrong? How to make it work, like you did?
#10 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 7:22 PM
Well I only got it working in version 0.20 of TextureTweaker. 0.27 has the bug. I am working to try and get a fix out soon.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 7:47 PM
Thanks. But can you give me that 0.20 version and tell me how to do it on my own?
#12 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 8:03 PM
It will only let you do it for one of the counters, so basically that means you can't complete this project easily at this time.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 8:41 PM
Sadface Anyways, thanks for the effort. Please let me know when you fix this...

And if you all hadnt seen my first meshed set check it out here
http://zvekisfarriery.tumblr.com/
Sockpuppet
#14 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 11:53 PM
You can do one at the time i guess and import them back in TSRW?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 12:38 PM
I dont know how to do it one by one, because i think it isnt possible to import each part of the counter separately... and if it is do you know how to do it BloomBase?
#16 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:33 PM
Here is the bugfix. http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=815.0

Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:38 PM
Inge i tried it and it worked (partly). The error that came out yesterday didnt show up now which is good, but again instead of replacing the first group, it added butterfly group again... Maybe im not doing it the right way.. Have you tested it yourself?
#18 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 6:05 PM
Yes I have. I found that if I deleted all the project contents before importing package again, it replaced instead of addng.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 8:26 PM
Yay it worked! I deleted the project contents and it imported well but just changed the order (the corner counter was first). I tested it in game and it looks good (the order probably doesnt matter) . I just only need to figure out how to make it workable by creating a multiplier...

*But in order for your fourth channel to work in game you need to edit the mask. The fourth channel needs to be a white alpha on the mask.
I usually add 4th black alpha channel to specular...
I tried adding 4th alpha channel and filled it with white, but when i applied it it turned whole mesh in the color that alpha channel has..

Can you please be more specific how to do it in photoshop... If its not hard to you write me a step by step... I also read a tutorial on TSR but it wasnt helpful at all.

#20 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 9:20 PM
Ok what you have to remember (I am sure you already know this but I want to spell it out) is that wherever the alpha channel is anything other than completely black, your Channe4 pattern will fill that area. So only paint the bits of the alpha channel white where you want your channel4 pattern to go. It looks from your illustrations as if you have white over far too much area of the alpha channel.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 10:21 PM
WOW Inge. Thanks. It worked now. Im so happy that you helped me in this project. You are the king! Strangely the mask seems to be transparent now, although it works.
Here are the shots

I need to ask you something else Inge: Is there any way to make the stairs you and Gosik made walkable? When i tried your stairs with the script my sims 3 could not go up...
Sockpuppet
#22 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 10:29 PM
Inge is right, it should look like this:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 1:33 AM Last edited by MarcusSims91 : 18th Mar 2012 at 3:02 AM.
Is it possible to make the mask with Paint.net or does it only work with photoshop?
Could anybody tell me how to do this with photoshop? I have CS5.It cant open a dds file

edit nevermind I figured it out
Sockpuppet
#24 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MarcusSims91
Is it possible to make the mask with Paint.net or does it only work with photoshop?
Could anybody tell me how to do this with photoshop? I have CS5.It cant open a dds file

You need to install the Nvidia plugin for DDS files:
http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-...adobe-photoshop
Alchemist
#25 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MarcusSims91
The newest version of Texture Tweaker will make a .dds out of a .png. You can make the mask in Photoshop as a .png and edit in 3T. Import RGB, navigate to your .png, and then click OK. It will get added to the .package as a .dds.
Page 1 of 2