Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 7:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Seasons
Default Is there a way to use an fps limiter for the Origin version of the game?
Hi,

I don't actually have any problems running the game so far, but I did try the fps on cheat and noticed, that the fps rate can shoot up to well over a 100 from time to time.

So I wanted to use an fps limiter to protect my graphics card. The problem is that I couldn't find any way to actually use an fps limiter without bypassing the launcher. I did read the FAQ on how to do that, but unfortunately I only bought the game a week ago and this version of the base game doesn't seem to be launchable without origin. There is no path: ...files/electronic arts/sims3/game/bin, only ...files/origin games/sims3/game/bin. And when I click on the TS3W.exe in this folder, it launches origin. My Late Night EP is actually installed under files/electronic arts/late night/game/bin, but as I am fully patched TS3EP03.exe also opens origin.

This also means, that I need to have origin running and to have my disc in the tray to load the game, which is a little annoying. I am mostly worried about not being able to use an fps limiter.

So is there any legal way, to bypass the lounger with the origin version of the fully patched base game or is there another way to use any fps limiter method. Unfortunately forcing vsync on in the catalyst control center, doesn't seem to change the fps count at all. From what I have gathered, that only works for nvidia cards.