Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 5:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Supernatural
Default No mods/package folder on TS3 (Origin Digital Version) ?
Hi Everyone,

I've had to re install The Sims 3 and downloaded it from Origin and am having trouble re installing all the CC
I've gone to Programs Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 3 but didn't find a "mods" folder
I've also gone through Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ Mods/packages and put the test mods (no intro etc) in there as well but nothing seems to be working in game.

I've looked through all the forums I could find on this question and some people say to actually make a folder in the Programs (x86) and others say not to.

I've tried all the methods I could find but nothing is working for me so far, so if anyone know it would be extremely helpful!!
x
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 8:07 PM
"Mod" folder is not a part of game installation. And also messing with game installation folder is not advised for a quite while.
Also see: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

Have you cleaned cache file? ./Documents/Electronics Arts/The Sims 3/scriptCache.package particularly?
[http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...te_Cache_Files]
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 3:28 PM
origin seem a pain in the butt,I remove all of it and it's not easy to do!!!!
google "uninstall origin" to see how,you dont need to download anything for this,just read and do as they say.

http://game-factor.net/GameFAQs/cus...anual-uninstall

once done I use this folder for package files
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

I'm a noob here so dont take my advise as best one but this one work for me
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:53 PM
I'm not sure why the OP would want to remove Origin, as that would stop them from playing the game? In any case, just following the regular CC instructions will work fine.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 8:31 PM
If Origin was legit; It would show in "remove software" option,instead it hide like a virus,no wonder
so many ask on how to remove this malware and this desease slow down processor like crazy.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:05 PM
Origin shows up in Add/Remove Programs just like any other software. I totally understand why a lot of people really don't like it, but since this is the help forum and not the discussion forum, please only suggest removing Origin when that would actually solve the OP's problem.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 2:49 PM
Origin did not show in my "add/remove program" and it was a real version I paid 49$ that got install when I purchase a EA game (simcity4) I think.

I got winXP here,maybe other system don't have this problem,but in my case: Origine got install and sure was hard to remove and since it's remove
all my game run better and problem like: adding package file also got solve.
It work for me is all I'm saying
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Leyley223
Hi Everyone,

I've had to re install The Sims 3 and downloaded it from Origin and am having trouble re installing all the CC
I've gone to Programs Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 3 but didn't find a "mods" folder
I've also gone through Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ Mods/packages and put the test mods (no intro etc) in there as well but nothing seems to be working in game.

I've looked through all the forums I could find on this question and some people say to actually make a folder in the Programs (x86) and others say not to.

I've tried all the methods I could find but nothing is working for me so far, so if anyone know it would be extremely helpful!!
x

The folder should be created under Documents/EA/The Sims 3.
Make sure that you also have the resource.cfg file in there, as creating the folders on their own will not work.

Here's a step by step guide .
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 1:43 AM

Ok! I finally found the solution! I know I'm a few years late, but maybe I can help some more people!

Go to this page , and scroll down to Packages

It should be there!

Hope I helped!!

Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 12:20 AM
Thank you haleybob729, I did what you said and BAM my custom content came up. even custom content from the store from 09.