Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#4876 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:55 AM
sims needs a britain stuff pack complete with tea crumpets top hats and victorian dresses why you may ask? because sweden has a pack so why not us

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4877 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Because Sweden, butting into your life every where you look and sometimes you notice it

I'll go away now I promise. It was just too good of a silly joke chance to pass up on.

I'm half-Finn: Trust me, we notice. We just hate Russia more!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#4878 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:11 AM
Finns notice everything, so no surprise there

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4879 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:59 AM
They also apparently make some very sharp shooters.

Apparently, if I were a sim, my aspiration would be grilled cheese. You know that animation where a sim gets rejected for talking about grilled cheese? Happens to me every flippin' day.
Inventor
#4880 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'll forever find it hilarious that Maxis got the actual musicians of a song to come in and re-record their songs in what is essentially gibberish.

I heard some artists had so much fun recording their music in Simlish that they made an entire album in Simlish.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#4881 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
You know that animation where a sim gets rejected for talking about grilled cheese? Happens to me every flippin' day.

I don't know if I've actually seen it.
Mad Poster
#4882 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:35 AM
Inventor
#4883 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:50 AM
Of course there's the rejection of talking about hobbies, even if the receiving Sim might actually like those particular hobbies, too. I find that a bit strange though, as simply chatting with a Sim is never rejected firsthand and the receiving Sim will respond positively to topics they enjoy, no matter how much they despise the other Sim.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Inventor
#4884 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:00 AM
I'm prepared to be shot for this - I am this close to uninstalling Freetime. When I reinstalled on a new computer, it was the last EP I put in, but I'm currently regretting my decision (again?). The only things holding me back are the secondary aspirations, the objects, careers, badges, that I still have some hoods I want to play, and the fact that several lots for download have it as a required EP.

Yeah, I'm just venting.
Mad Poster
#4885 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:01 AM
What are the issues that annoy you with it?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4886 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:16 AM
Mad Poster
#4887 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:28 AM
I must have those messages modded out somehow? I haven't seen one in a long while, anyway.
Mad Poster
#4888 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:31 AM
I think Pescado's nohobbyspam removes a majority of the messages and keeps the hobby club instructors from breaking into Sims' houses. I had it for a while but then I missed them barging in at the most inopportune moments (it was funny!) and removed it.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#4889 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
I heard some artists had so much fun recording their music in Simlish that they made an entire album in Simlish.

Is there a chance you happen know who? I would enjoy hearing more Simlish music.

Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
sims needs a britain stuff pack complete with tea crumpets top hats and victorian dresses why you may ask? because sweden has a pack so why not us

The pack should come complete with the ability to drive on the wrong side of the road.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Inventor
#4890 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DuskTrooper
Is there a chance you happen know who? I would enjoy hearing more Simlish music.

I just did a little research to prove I wasn't lying about what I mentioned. It's like I know I've read it somewhere but can't pinpoint where exactly. If I were to hazard a guess, I read the small rumor from commenters on Youtube while listening to Sims 2 soundtracks. Maybe what I really read was music artists taking songs from their existing albums and converting them to Simlish. Dang it, now it feels like I'm beating around the bush, doesn't it?

Here is what I found about one artist though:

"For songstress Abra Moore, whose song "Big Sky" was used in the game, singing in Simlish gave her a new perspective on her music. "It's like jazz for me; I just take to it like a duck to water," Moore said. "It was very liberating creatively." However, Moore, who also speaks Italian and Spanish, said she took special care that none of her Simlish words ended up accidentally being curse words in foreign languages.

The experience made such an impression on Moore that she said she'd consider recording a song in Sim-like scat on a future album. She perceives the emotional lyrics, divorced of a specific meaning, in almost a spiritual light. She's fascinated that fans try to interpret the nonsensical lyrics. It represents the essence of human nature, Moore said, to take meaning from something that has no meaning."

Theorist
#4891 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:25 AM
Here is a list of all the songs/ singers/ writers.. whatever... lots of info http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_songs_in_The_Sims_2
and here http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/...sly-weird-13202

I think the real singers were for Sims 3 and not 2
Video of Katy Perry recording Last Friday Night in Simlish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxyW6AJ-yIk

A bit more info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW4nfveKW5s
Mad Poster
#4892 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:00 AM
Cyd Roseland was wearing this outfit in my test hood. I'm not sure what's going on.

Scholar
#4893 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:05 AM
and simnations next top model is.......this guy ! *whispers* i thought the asylums had high security!

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#4894 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:11 AM
Actually, when I was playing my Asylum challenge (with the 8 Charlatans), I forgot to stick prisoner tokens in their inventories. So when another household got invited to an outing, all of the asylum patients suddenly climbed out of the taxi. Quite an impressive escape there.

Theorist
#4895 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Actually, when I was playing my Asylum challenge (with the 8 Charlatans), I forgot to stick prisoner tokens in their inventories. So when another household got invited to an outing, all of the asylum patients suddenly climbed out of the taxi. Quite an impressive escape there.

You're post made me think of this movie.
Mad Poster
#4896 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:22 PM
The pack should come complete with the ability to drive on the wrong side of the road.

What do you mean the wrong side of the road? It's the right side of the road! No ... wait ... it's the left side ... now I'm confused. XD
Scholar
#4897 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:24 PM
the left side is in my opinion the correct way and the right side is the wrong way

My Tumblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4898 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:28 PM

You can do that already - it's just not very satisfactory since they still get out on the wrong side of the car.

I might make some crumpets though. Better than those vile pastry tart things.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4899 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:07 PM
Stray cats: I have plenty, peeing on my door...eeeyyyyyy. But I've never seen stray cats in the Sims - unless I produce cats and MAKE them strays. Is this TRUE?
And is it possible to MAKE the game (some mod) generate KITTENS & PUPPIES to be adopted? I'm a bit tired of having one Sim - with nothing better to do- raise cats/dogs just to get some adoptable babies. AND - why are all the maxis strays big, mean, slob dogs? That's not even RANDOM! Could THAT be modded?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#4900 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:51 PM
If you take out nostrayrespawn you should get cats among the strays generated. And there's always kittens and puppies for adoption when I call to get pets, and I've never had a breeder.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 196 of 511