Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 5:15 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 7th Sep 2017 at 5:51 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Seasons
Default My Sim Disappears/Becomes Invisible?
Hi, I hope I'm asking this in the right location. If not please excuse me. But I recently started playing the Sims 3 after having been a faithful Sims 2 player for years, today when I started playing my first house my father Sim disappeared/ went invisible. I can still hear him in the house and when I tell him to do something he attempts to do it at first, but then the motion disappears and I can hear him complaining, but still CAN'T SEE HIM. I restarted my game twice already at the last save point and he's in bed where I left him but when I get him up the disappearance stuff happens. What causes this and is there a fix for it? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

"Life without LOVE is NO life at all"
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 6:16 PM
Sounds like a broken outfit, especially if you can still see his speech/thought bubbles. Consort's Invisible Sim Fixer has always worked for me, hope it helps!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 6:24 PM
Hello ange1face20. There are several solutions for disappearing Sims. Most of the fixes I am familiar with require mods (mainly NRaas Mods) and where you are new to Sims 3 and if you do not mind using mods here are a few suggestions for you.

First off if you are not currently using NRaas mods but would like to, please see the Getting Started Using NRaas Mods document.

There are instructions and links to Mods that will correct your "invisible sim" problem on the Invisible Sims - Stuck Sims Page

You might also find the Gameplay FAQ & Tips Page useful going forward.

Mosy of the members here at MTS are familiar with the NRaas mods but best practice if you do need help with them is to post at NRaas. You do not need to be registered to download the mods but you need to be registered (free) to be able to post in Chatterbox you need to register: See Becoming A Member On This Page

Others in here probably will have alternative solutions for you. Hope this helps you out a little
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Sounds like a broken outfit, especially if you can still see his speech/thought bubbles. Consort's Invisible Sim Fixer has always worked for me, hope it helps!

Hi @Sweetdevil .. Thank you for that link. I'll add that to the help page as an alternative if folks don't want to use NRass.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 7:05 PM
I'm actually beginning to think that it's something I did the other day when I was playing. I used "moveobjects on" to move the father in a position where he could get to a crying toddler, in which he was standing at the top of the stairs and the toddler was at the bottom of the stairs blocking him from getting to her. So I moved him to the bottom as well and now I notice that whenever he gets out of bed from the last save point and he has to do something involving any downstairs actions he will be at the top of the stairs attempting to go down then midway THAT'S when he goes MIA. Ugh, I'm regretting having done that so much now!! And I did as Sweetdevil suggested and put in the Consorts Fixer and even deleted the old staircase and put in an entirely NEW one. None of that helped, so I think I'm just gonna dump the entire house and try in a new location and NOT use any cheats. Thank you guys for your help.

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 7:25 PM
You really should never use MOO to move sims of any kind as you've already discovered. Did you try resetting your lot with MC? Sometimes that forces everything back to normal. The toddler at the top of the stairs activity is a real pain in the neck. I usually use Teleport to get the toddler to a different floor.

Edit: One other thought. Do you have an earlier save you can revert back to?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
You really should never use MOO to move sims of any kind as you've already discovered. Did you try resetting your lot with MC? Sometimes that forces everything back to normal. The toddler at the top of the stairs activity is a real pain in the neck. I usually use Teleport to get the toddler to a different floor.

Edit: One other thought. Do you have an earlier save you can revert back to?

Lesson WELL learned!! And believe me I will NEVER do that ever again. I did have a last save point actually, but the problem pretty much remained the same. So when the other suggested methods didn't work, I moved the family out and ended up moving them back into the same house thinking it would clear all furniture/objects, but when the game loaded I realized I was back in the very SAME house with everything still in it!! But this time things were back to normal lol. I'm new at this version of Sims, I don't know if it fixed itself when I "moved them out" or what, but it's working now and the very next time I even think about using a cheat I'm gonna pinch MYSELF!! Lol

How do you Teleport them?

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 4:01 AM
• Enable debug cheats. Try typing 'testingcheatsenabled true'

• Shift-click on ground > Teleport me here

Hope this helps.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#9 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 5:51 PM
Site Helper
#10 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 1:00 AM
You can also get Go Here from NRAAS, and then on the City Hall menu enable "Teleport for Everyone." (You can also have it be just vampires who can teleport, if you have a less magical world.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook