Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 3:10 PM
Default After using Process Monitor HELP!!!
Hi guys, sorry if this was already discussed before in advanced. So what happened is that I used Process Monitor to check which package files is causing my game to lag. I followed the instructions step by step. Everything was good, until I've started to notice that my hard drive space on my C: drive is slowly going down. I had 20+ GB of free space and it's slowly going down to almost 9 GB of free space left. I got scared and closed the program immediately and tried to figure out where in the world are all these files being stored at. So far I have NO LUCK at all. I'm close to just backing up my Sims 3 files and just basically re-installing the game, but I had a feeling that might not solve my hard drive space issue.

Can anybody give me an idea on how to figure out where Process Monitor generally stores their files? I just basically extracted it in my Downloads folder and opened it right away. My Sims 3 is installed on my D: Drive as well.

Please and thank you! T_T
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 5:18 PM
Where it store what files? Are you asking ProcMon to create and save a log file? As far as I remember we don't have such a step, so what step did you follow?
Disable logging by backtracking what you did. If you can't remember
1. see if "Enable Boot Logging" is checked under Options
2. Go to Save under File menu, note down the path and filename in the "Path" option. Then in Windows Explorer, see if there's a file located in the "Path" option shown with the file named and check its filesize and contents.

Do you get the drive space back after you quit ProcMon?
Have you tried a disk cleanup? Either with Windows tool or a 3rd-party tool like ccleaner.

You can use a utility to see where all your HDD space is going. My favorite tool to use is http://windirstat.info/

Process Monitor is not an installable program. You basically just download, extract the contents of the zip and run it. The contents of the .zip for me is just 3 files:
Screenshots