Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED 6/2/08: Default replacement hair and facial hair, part 1 (Natural Redhead Project) DOWNLOADS IN COMMENTS!

by alkaloid Posted 16th Dec 2007 at 1:37 PM - Updated 3rd Jun 2008 at 1:49 AM by alkaloid

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Mad Poster
#51 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 2:07 AM
I was just going to try one of these defaults. Really.

I've now downloaded half of these, and am tempted to download the rest. Superior job!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 4:02 AM Last edited by floopyboo : 30th Dec 2007 at 4:10 AM.
Gah! These are utterly gorgeous, but I keep getting 404ed when I try to download them.

Sorry for the false alarm. Now that I've whined how much I want the files have stopped 404ing. Thankyou for your hard work.

Living high contrast
Test Subject
#53 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 12:39 PM
You have just convinced me to make a very rare post - usually I loiter in the background and just dl! I am starting my new years resolution two days early, which is saying thankyou's to those people whose work I have in my game... you are the first! Thankyou for your time and hard work
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#54 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 3:14 PM
You. Are. Amazing! THANK YOU for this!! I don't care if they're a boy or a girl; if I ever have kids, I'm naming my first-born Alkaloid! :D
Test Subject
#55 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 12:12 AM
These are awesome, thanks a ton! Do you have any plans for making a release of the "longsimple" hair in non-default?
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:41 PM
Ohmigosh! These are fabulous!
Thank you so much! :D

I never had any blondes in the game because the textures were so horrible, but now... Oh wow! Thank you so much! :D

Ever wanted a pay item you could not afford?
Get it for free here!
Test Subject
#57 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 1:27 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!!!!!
Test Subject
#58 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 1:17 AM
incredibly lovely.

Love thine EGO as thyself. Because that is what it is.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 6:24 AM
i think ea should start hiring people off mts2, instead of off the street. these are an excellent idea , and you pulled it off more than perfectly, and idk how i lved without these. so thanks very very much!

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Instructor
#60 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 8:02 AM
What happened to the black hair color? It got replaced with brown.

Anybody who can make a Yoon Eun Hye Sim?
Field Researcher
#61 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 10:33 AM
I've had these in my game for awhile now, and I do enjoy most of the textures themselves. However, your interpretations of the colors tend to be, on the whole, just a bit too light for my tastes. For all four colors...but the red and black in particular, tend to lean more towards blonde and medium brown. I think with the male spike hair and the long female hair, it's most apparent (on my end) that the black isn't even what I would consider a particularly dark brown.

I honestly love some of the textures and, if they weren't default replacements, but straight up CC, I'd keep them and rebin them. I generally don't have issues with colors on my display, so I since I'm taking these replacements out, I thought I'd leave you a note as to the reason why.

It's certainly an impressive undertaking and everything you made is of good quality.
Test Subject
#62 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 1:27 PM Last edited by Annikainen : 14th Jan 2008 at 6:23 PM. Reason: problem solved...
*Annikainen is a frickin' idiot*

Yeah, why didn't I know that the direct download starts from the name of the folder? *is used to separate link pictures before the big red Q*

Anyway, problem solved, and thank you for the marvellous work.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KagomeKagome
Ah, Alkaloid, I already love the Redhead Project, and these are definitely going in my game as I abhor the Maxis' hairs (their version of blond and red kill me). I can't wait to see more!

Well, speaking as someone whose hair is naturally black, I don't know about others, but my hair looks more like a really dark brown instead of the "raven black" that you see in the hair dye aisle in stores. :D

my hair looks black unless sun shines on to it
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 8:42 AM
and great defaults
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 1:57 AM
I noticed it says 'part 1' - are you planning on making more?
Instructor
#66 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ardoness
I noticed it says 'part 1' - are you planning on making more?

I was wondering that myself. If so, it would be awesome! Those hair really need some fixing! XD
Test Subject
#67 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 4:51 AM
Great job! Thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 4:16 PM
Perfection! I've been wishing for this for a very long time (along with defaults recolors of all the clothes). I better not hold my breath. That'd be tons of work and I can't seem to learn how to do much, no matter how many tutorials I read.
Test Subject
#69 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:07 PM
great!! thanks! i always hated maxis' hair color
Field Researcher
#70 Old 20th May 2008 at 1:31 PM
wonderful, wonderful work. thank you for sharing. cheers
Forum Resident
#71 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 2:18 AM
This is the first time I'll try default replacement hair, they look gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Test Subject
#72 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 12:27 AM
Thank you alot :D
Test Subject
#73 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 3:30 PM
Thankyou These are fantastic
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 4:06 AM
These hairs are fantastic! I hardly used maxis hairs now I got a reason too.
Thanks so much hon and I hope you make more maxis hair defaults.

Our love... will never die no matter how many times people try to destroy us
Test Subject
#75 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 1:20 PM
Page 3 of 4