Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#451 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Emerald1234 of course, anytime you like, if you have dropped out I will put lines in your score boxes.

thanks,as of now i've dropped out of the challenge

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#452 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 12:18 AM
Default Round 3 (slightly late) - 1 Tesla Court/Specter

Olive and Ophelia aren't really much of gardeners, though for some reason Olive does like to go out and do a bit of digging in the grounds. They're not sure why there are so many graves in the garden of their new home, but quite a lot of them do seem to be family. Perhaps they'll see if the ghosts have lost their memories as well.

Apologies for being so late. Phew. It's good to be done. Now where's that Fanta gone?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#453 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 12:26 AM
@Justpetro
@yavannatw

Are either of you on Discord? It's easier for me to drop it in there in a pm than to upload it and pm on the board.

@muridae adding you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#454 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 8:04 AM
@joandsarah77 - unfortunately I am not on Discord.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#455 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 8:31 AM
Okay, don't worry about it, I will send a link in a pm.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#456 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 7:41 PM
Can we have an end of the round party? (Judging is going to be hard in this round due to excellent entries)!
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#457 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 8:21 PM
I bring pringles! *Grabs drink from bar*
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#458 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 10:54 PM
I'll pass on the pringles but I'll have one of those colourful drinks, thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#459 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 11:45 PM
Pretty drinks and Pringles. :D

But best yet Gina, judge one is back!

A HUGE thank you to @Karen Lorraine for stepping in as the emergency judge. I would have been in a tight spot without the help.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#460 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:48 AM
I trust that our Fanta drinker, @Kukamuukaanmuka, will run the fermented fruit juice bar during judging And, contestants, the bar is fully stocked for the judging period too. Have fun (Getting coffee and trying to find a judging look)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#461 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:49 AM
But best yet Gina, judge one is back!

A HUGE thank you to @Karen Lorraine for stepping in as the emergency judge. I would have been in a tight spot without the help.
Yay Gina is back!

You're most welcome, Jo,that is what I signed up for. It was a pleasure to help

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Top Secret Researcher
#462 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 12:50 AM
Just a judging note. Don't neglect your gardens when taking shots. Garden and outside is five points' worth. If gardens only appear in overhead views, it's difficult to judge and I can't judge something I can't see properly.
Mad Poster
#463 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 8:47 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 27th Jul 2018 at 9:27 PM.
Default Entry - Play along Round 3 - Grunt family
My dear Lyla

I know, of course, that you will never read my letter, yet I hope that you will understand my words, wherever you may be.

It happened, Lyla.

The aliens came.

All the residents in Strangetown have lost their memories. Of course, I am fine, since the military knows how to prevent amnesia by now. It is weird, Lyla! My memory seems to be clearer than before. Perhaps I have just stopped trying to forget about you, now that I have some time.

I remember the good times, Lyla, the times before everything fell apart.

Fortunately, I have time now to try to repair my relationship with Rip, get to know Buck better (he is a cute kid, Lyla, I am so akward with him) - and spend some time with Tank training.

We have been given a new home by the council after the abductions - the old Beaker home, although nobody else remembers this. (I still think they had more to do with some of the deaths around here, including yours, than people suspected, so may be I will find something to prove it here).

The boys, Lyla, they are amazing. Tank is very much the future soldier, probably more than I ever have been; fit, good with fixing things and definitely shows that he will have a lot of charisma, soon, just like you had. I discovered he is interested in cooking, so I asked him to help me with the kitchen. I hope you can see how good it looks, it was all Tank, I just paid for the furniture. I have put a TV upstairs so that he can watch the cooking channel when gets a chance. His room is all sporty and he has recently won a lovely trophy, a big award.

Rip has always been a rebel, but he is musical and artistic, and he seemed to want to help to decorate, so he had a huge hand in the living room. His girl friend is interested in the environment, so Rip is interested too. He actually worked quite hard to help to dig the pond, we planted an enormous tree and he discovered a patch of wild flowers. He has put plants in pots everywhere and chose some paintings for the house. Of course there are posters of bikini girls on his walls, but I have left a surprise for him in the little tower - a performance mike all for himself. I want to use the time I have to build a solid relationship with him. (I still have the poster of you that once graced my wall in the barracks; it is always close to me, so it was saved from the aliens).

Buck wants a dog and while everyone thought I was ignoring him, the time just was not right. His dog will be here tomorrow and I can't wait to see his face when he finds the dog house later. He has chosen pretty paintings of pets for his room and some very colourful wall paper.

I have on my wall the painting you gave me - the military boot which you painted when I just joined the army. I am so glad Rip had it on him before we were abducted. Since you used to love painting, I have put an easel in the tower room. Perhaps one of the children will follow in your footsteps.

Having water around the house was Tank's idea, he said it would feel more like a castle. The boys and I, all of us, actually spent some time fishing together.

I want to tell them all about you - the good stuff, Lyla, how lovely you were, how you made me laugh. Believe me when I say that I am deeply sorry for the way everything ended.

It would have been so easy to talk to you now, now that I have some time.

The aliens are coming again, Lyla, intelligence reports already point to an attack in the not too distant future. Soon, I will have to get ready again. This time we saved all the lives, next time, we may not be so fortunate. I will do my best to not allow them to disrupt my family again.

Yours forever
Buzz

Required pics

Tour of the house
Space Pony
#464 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I trust that our Fanta drinker, @Kukamuukaanmuka, will run the fermented fruit juice bar during judging And, contestants, the bar is fully stocked for the judging period too. Have fun (Getting coffee and trying to find a judging look)

Heh sorry for late answer, i was on cruise.. to show my pink sneakers to the capital of Sweden (Dunno if @gummilutt saw)

Here is some drinks to all, glad to see the bar is stocked, as I wont be here in next 24 hours as I want to finish my own judging at Apartment Mania

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Field Researcher
#465 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 11:35 AM
Hi @joandsarah77 is there any chance of you posting round 4? I am going on holiday in 2 weeks time and need to get it done by then.
Instructor
#466 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 1:01 PM
Lovely description, @justpetro, and lovely house!

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#467 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 1:21 PM
@Aysarth I can post round 4 tomorrow, it's too late here now.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#468 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 3:36 PM
Thanks, Yvelotic2001 - I had a lot of fun
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#469 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 12:04 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 29th Jul 2018 at 4:06 AM.
Round Four
You may pick any residential Strangetown lot you want! This can be an occupied or unoccupied lot.
You may spend as much as you like.
Make sure to pick a family that you have not picked before. (just adding: pick a lot that wasn't in rounds 1-3 either)
You may have 12 walk around shots but floor plan shots are always free.

So if you want to makeover that tiny empty starter go for it, if you have been hankering to makeover the Smith's, go right ahead. I love an open last round.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#470 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 1:14 AM
Nice! I think I'll makeover the empty Grunt-like house.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Lab Assistant
#471 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 2:23 AM
Round Four
You may pick any residential Strangetown lot you want! This can be an occupied or unoccupied lot.
Make sure to pick a family that you have not picked before.

So if you want to makeover that tiny empty starter go for it, if you have been hankering to makeover the Smith's, go right ahead. I love an open last round.

What do we have to keep intact? The first floor and the foundation? (playing at home. )
Top Secret Researcher
#472 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 3:19 AM
Round Four
Make sure to pick a family that you have not picked before.

This will be an interesting one to judge! Have fun, everybody!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#473 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 4:07 AM
Yes, same rule goes for foundation and outer walls intact. Also, I added above, do not make over the houses from rounds 1-3. I doubt that anybody would, but it's best to cover all the bases.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#474 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 5:57 AM
@joandsarah77 you haven't posted a budget for round 4.

Is there one?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#475 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 6:48 AM
Quote:
There is none, second line.

~Call me Jo~

Page 19 of 25