Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#776 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:31 PM
Default Seventh Generation
Quote: Originally posted by XoxBElieveXox
once your done you should stay and watch me.....

Still going to be awhile probably! Apparently I can't invite 15 kids to a party so no giant family picture...but anyway here's my seventh generation:

Genevieve Hemingway (blue hair)
Garrison Hemingway (neither)
Gerri Hemingway (blue eyes)
Gallifrey Hemingway (neither)
Gertrude Hemingway (neither)
Gria Hemingway (blue hair)
Gordon Hemingway (blue eyes)
Gaul Hemingway (blue eyes)
Gary Hemingway (blue eyes)
Gastia Hemingway (blue hair)
Galia Hemingway (heir!) (human)
Gershwin Hemingway (blue eyes)
Genny Hemingway (blue hair)
Gimli Hemingway (neither)
Gorin Hemingway (blue hair)

Galia and her father Frank
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#777 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moonstream27
Still going to be awhile probably! Apparently I can't invite 15 kids to a party so no giant family picture...but anyway here's my seventh generation:

Genevieve Hemingway (blue hair)
Garrison Hemingway (neither)
Gerri Hemingway (blue eyes)
Gallifrey Hemingway (neither)
Gertrude Hemingway (neither)
Gria Hemingway (blue hair)
Gordon Hemingway (blue eyes)
Gaul Hemingway (blue eyes)
Gary Hemingway (blue eyes)
Gastia Hemingway (blue hair)
Galia Hemingway (heir!) (human)
Gershwin Hemingway (blue eyes)
Genny Hemingway (blue hair)
Gimli Hemingway (neither)
Gorin Hemingway (blue hair)

Galia and her father Frank

My sim has 9 kid's and no heir *goes into name giving*
Cindy - Hair 1
Connor - Nothing 2
Chase - Nothing 3
Christopher - Eye's 4
Christine - Eye's 5
Carys - Eye's 6
Caelie - Nothing 7
Carl - Eye's 8
Cali - Hair 9
Picture once i fell like it....
Lab Assistant
#778 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 12:51 AM
okay i have an update : Beyonce had twins today. Baby 10 Caroline - hair. Baby 11 Carlos - nothing.. today i noticed she's gonna age from a young adult to and adult in 1 day ;'( this may take awhile... Caelie, Carl & Cali are teen's (more help with Caroline & Carlos yay) Carys is gonna age with her mom.., fun birthday party huh? and then... idk... Beyonce has a wish to woo hoo with her husband... after that if it's not a heir im breaking up with him and moving to his brother
Lab Assistant
#779 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:40 PM
okay i have an update : Beyonce had twins today. Baby 10 Caroline - hair. Baby 11 Carlos - nothing.. today i noticed she's gonna age from a young adult to and adult in 1 day ;'( this may take awhile... Caelie, Carl & Cali are teen's (more help with Caroline & Carlos yay) Carys is gonna age with her mom.., fun birthday party huh? and then... idk... Beyonce has a wish to woo hoo with her husband... after that if it's not a heir im breaking up with him and moving to his brother

I've got another big generation for the 8th generation too, but i finally got an heir!!! Even so Galia is going to keep popping out babies, I want to see how many I can get her up to...is that evil?
Lab Assistant
#780 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moonstream27
I've got another big generation for the 8th generation too, but i finally got an heir!!! Even so Galia is going to keep popping out babies, I want to see how many I can get her up to...is that evil?
no..... I don't think so... mine has a wish to woo hoo with her husband so ... I would let her...
Field Researcher
#781 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:52 PM
Sooooo.......hows everyone doing???.......

.......s'been quiet for a few days.......

Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were going to do anyway - Robert Downey Jr

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? - Captain Jack Sparrow
Lab Assistant
#782 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:57 PM
I'm doing a half-assed attempt at this. Half-assed because I rotate households between babies. Get pregnant, rotate household, switch back to see what haircolor/eyecolor the toddler got, get pregnant and rotate again if it's not the right combination. Oh, and the family also has a horse and cats, so it's pandemonium. So far 5 kids and only one got at least the eye color right, the other four aren't even close. No multiples yet although I have the fertility award. I feel sorry for the mum who will never be able to work a day in her life.

Question: what do you do with all the spares when they leave home? The town will be overrun with their offspring, so I'm considering killing them off, but it feels kind of mean.

founder

baby daddy

their firstborn - gorgeous but unfit for modern life, obviously (excellent photoshop skills on the house).

How he spent his childhood.

Whenever I leave them alone for a day or two, I always find them fishing somewhere, the whole family. Very cute!

I have so far:
Aeneas - blond, grey eyes
Aliide (girl) - blond, grey eyes
Armas (boy) - dark hair, orange eyes
Arild (boy) - blond, grey eyes
Aria (girl) - dark hair, dark skin, grey eyes

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Field Researcher
#783 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toxi
Question: what do you do with all the spares when they leave home? The town will be overrun with their offspring, so I'm considering killing them off, but it feels kind of mean.

Honestly, I've let the spares live. Yeah they might overrun the town, but if the relationship panel doesn't have a family connection to the descendant of a spare you could use them as a partner for your heir. Genetically giving you a higher chance of heir offspring. Or you could just move your legacy household to another town like I did. Keep in mind that story progression sometimes pushes npc sims to move out and new ones move in.

Or you could download the hospital overhaul mod and sterilize your spares so they cant breed.

Also This Mod removes that annoying hair/eye colour 'mutation' that offspring get. Offspring will still inherit from parents and grandparents like normal children should. So your sims kids will actually look like their the biological children of your sims.

Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were going to do anyway - Robert Downey Jr

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? - Captain Jack Sparrow
Lab Assistant
#784 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:14 PM
Sterilizing is a good idea, I think I'll use that mod. Or I suppose I could fix it with a setting in the Story Progression mod. Also - abortion at the criminal warehouse?? Eew!

Test Subject
#785 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 5:51 PM
Sooo, I finally got a new computer and am now able to actually play Sims 3 - I never got into it because it just lagged so much but now my loading times are like 3 minutes and no lag at all and that's with most of the EPs installed
Decided to give this challenge a try to get to know the game, I love genetics anyway.
My founder is named Margerete Lorraine, she is living in Midnight Hollow, don't know if that was a good idea though, I love the theme but it's like always dark
Her random traits are hydophobic, heavy sleeper, unlucky and adventorous plus disklikes children of course.
She married creepy Lucien Hyde and just had their first child Gaylord
He obviously has his fathers skin color, but I assume I have to wait for him to age up to see the rest? It's just so dark in Midnight Hollow, I can't even really decide on the baby's eye color

So here is my founder
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#786 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by -Nightshade-
It's just so dark in Midnight Hollow, I can't even really decide on the baby's eye color

Burrito babies in sims 3 don't show proper eye colour until their toddlers. You can get a mod which gives babies hair, so you can actually tell what hair colour they have. But eyes have to wait till toddlerhood, unless you take a sneak peak in CAS.

Lab Assistant
#787 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:54 PM Last edited by toxi : 9th Sep 2014 at 10:47 PM.
And we have an heir!

Someone's pretty darn pleased with herself.

I wasn't around when he was born, and the game named him Asmund, which was weird enough to keep.
All the other 5 have A names too, so well done, name generator! *clap clap clap*

Raina was so happy I let her end her pregnancy with the 7th just to celebrate (it was early on, ok?). Her tubes are hereby tied.

Test Subject
#788 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:59 PM Last edited by Cheetahtigress : 10th Sep 2014 at 4:03 PM.
Ooh, this sounds fun! I'm going to do both MSC and this..... I'm going to make a hot dog tribe thing, with everyone in hot dog suits, and the hair will be red with yellow highlights to match the hot dog suit, and either bright yellow or yellow and red eyes. I'll post pics when I start this challenge, which will be in 6 hours because I'm supposed to be sick (wink wink)
Field Researcher
#789 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:19 AM
Hey, I'm FruHurricane. I'm mostly active in the Random Legacy Challenge thread on here, but I thought I'd pop in here and introduce myself too. I've played a PGC casually for about 8 months now and I'm having loads of fun with it. I'm currently on the third generation and they have three kids so far, none of which are eligible for heir. I post game-play pictures at my simblr.

I play with berry sweet sims and my founder was Sweet Pea along with her spouse Prelude. Both had randomized traits, except for Sweet Pea’s mandatory Dislikes Children.

Sweet Pea: Dislikes Children | Neurotic | Bookworm | Loner | Angler
Prelude: Easily Impressed | Brooding | Natural Cook | Vegeterian | Gatherer

Ribbon PGC: [✔] Green hair [✔] Green eyes

The Macaron Family - A Berry Sweet Random Legacy TS4¨
Twisted Color - A Random Rainbowcy TS3
Test Subject
#790 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 12:27 AM
Are u allowed to get married and have kids with the same person as....long as the husband doesn't have perfect genetics??
Field Researcher
#791 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maeabae12
Are u allowed to get married and have kids with the same person as....long as the husband doesn't have perfect genetics??

Yes. This isn't the 100 baby challenge. Sticking with one guy is preferable. It'll make it easier to find unrelated sim generations down the line, and your founder wont have to deal with the children. Having the baby-daddy(daddies) raising the kids lets your founder focus on work, skills, and getting the elusive heir.

Though if several generations down the line you find an unrelated guy with a perfect gene requirement (hair, eyes, skin) you can use him as a baby-daddy, if you didn't cheat and alter his genes in CAS.

Lab Assistant
#792 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 8:58 PM
Default I'm back!!
My game crashed so I waited to play again and... I still don't have sim's 4. Anyway's... When Beyonce had a baby... Carys died since she would not move out (I tried to then my game crashed) Anyway's back to the living kid... Caroline and Carlos aged to children, and Calvin was born '.' I have no boy C name's if I can't find any I will name the next boy 'Crabapple' Calvin replaced Carys.. She has the same hair & eyes as Carys Beyonce is now a full adult I'm changing her husband soon this is taking long... I made her eat apples cuz her husband wanted a boy... And she got a girl First pic: Carys all her life stages, Second: Caroline child, Third: Carlos child, Last: Calvin toddler. Should I make a blog for this??
Screenshots

Nobody might see what I see in you, but all I want you to know is your special, to special for words sometimes.
Test Subject
#793 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 11:12 PM
So they can have a job though, right?
Instructor
#794 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by charlotteb1986
So they can have a job though, right?

Yes, of course. You'll probably want your female to do something like writing/painting, since she would be on maternity leave for the rabbithole jobs.
Lab Assistant
#795 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Yes, of course. You'll probably want your female to do something like writing/painting, since she would be on maternity leave for the rabbithole jobs.
My female is a write as well as her husband, so far the poor lady is an adult and is almost level 2 in her job, then her husband is level 6, they have the same work hours (Mom ofc takes time off) Mind if anyone post's there house's? I love to look at them. -cries- I forgot how many kids she has so ill name them and hopefully not forget any.
Gen 2 Kids:
Cindy - Girl (Triplet Pair #1) - Hair (Moved out)
Chase - Boy (Triplet Pair #1) - Nothing (Moved out)
Connor - Boy (Triplet Pair #1) - Nothing (Moved out)
Christopher - Boy (Twin Pair #1) - Eyes (Moved out)
Christine - Girl (Twin Pair #1) - Eyes (Moved out)
Carys - Girl (Single Pair #1) - Eyes (Dead cuz she would not move out)
Caelie - Girl (Triplet Pair #2) - Nothing (Teen)
Carl - Boy (Triplet Pair #2) - Eyes (Teen)
Cali - Girl (Triplet Pair #2) - Hair (Teen)
Carollet - Girl (Twin Pair #2) - Hair (Child)
Carlos - Boy (Twin Pair #2) - Eyes (Child)
Calvin (Copy of Carys) - Girl (Single pair #2) - Eyes (Toddler)
Yu Quan (Baby somewhat born in China) - Boy (Single pair #3) - I don't care (Child)

13 - 7 Girls - 6 Boys - Pretty even. -Cries- looks like we will have 3 more young adults soon. I still have some time, after Calvin was born she & her mom aged up, Next goal: To break up Beyonce with her husband Should I call that evil? anyway's I have a feeling I will have a kid named 'Crabapple' soon.

Nobody might see what I see in you, but all I want you to know is your special, to special for words sometimes.
Field Researcher
#796 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:50 AM
I have a feeling I will have a kid named 'Crabapple' soon.

Boy names starting with C Here and Here

and just in case

Girl names starting with C Here and Here

Test Subject
#797 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:05 PM
So, after the first child Gaylord only had the hair, my founder had a daughter Morgana. Before she aged up to toddler, she got pregant again (with twins ). Wouldn't have been neccesary because Morgana is an heir! And she's just so adorable :lovestruc

Husband and the twins moved out though, it was just too crowded.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#798 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PaNdEmIc
Boy names starting with C Here and Here

and just in case

Girl names starting with C Here and Here
Thank you, I picked 10 Favourite for each gender, Crab apple will have to wait

Lab Assistant
#799 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by toxi
I'm doing a half-assed attempt at this. Half-assed because I rotate households between babies. Get pregnant, rotate household, switch back to see what haircolor/eyecolor the toddler got, get pregnant and rotate again if it's not the right combination. Oh, and the family also has a horse and cats, so it's pandemonium. So far 5 kids and only one got at least the eye color right, the other four aren't even close. No multiples yet although I have the fertility award. I feel sorry for the mum who will never be able to work a day in her life.

founder

baby daddy

their firstborn - gorgeous but unfit for modern life, obviously (excellent photoshop skills on the house).

How he spent his childhood.

Whenever I leave them alone for a day or two, I always find them fishing somewhere, the whole family. Very cute!

I have so far:
Aeneas - blond, grey eyes
Aliide (girl) - blond, grey eyes
Armas (boy) - dark hair, orange eyes
Arild (boy) - blond, grey eyes
Aria (girl) - dark hair, dark skin, grey eyes

If this has not been answered yet I would love to help, To get more then 1 baby you can use 2 ways, With the reward, and without. at least in my game. So to get more then 1 the first step is to have space for at least 2. Then buy a radio put it somewhere she is always in or in more the one place, (I put mine in the hallway, Kitchen, Outside) 3. Turn it on and change to kids music 4. When the baby comes you should get 2+. Hope I helped if you need :D

Lab Assistant
#800 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 11:35 AM
If this has not been answered yet I would love to help, To get more then 1 baby you can use 2 ways, With the reward, and without. at least in my game. So to get more then 1 the first step is to have space for at least 2. Then buy a radio put it somewhere she is always in or in more the one place, (I put mine in the hallway, Kitchen, Outside) 3. Turn it on and change to kids music 4. When the baby comes you should get 2+. Hope I helped if you need :D

Thank you, but that wasn't what I asked about, and my question has been answered. I asked what I would do about all the spares when they turn adult and start having babies of their own. If 5 spares have 2-3 kids of their own, then I have 10-15 cousins to my heir who he/she can't marry, who will just clog up the school entrance, steal potential mates when they turn teen/YA and basically just be in the way. 2 or 3 generations down the line, the town would be full of relatives. But I'm just going to mod the game so all the spares don't get to have babies. So it's cool.

Page 32 of 46