Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 27
Test Subject
#301 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 6:15 AM
I need help it's not letting me download it.
It keeps coming up as a picture and I don't know what to do if someone can help me I'll be most appreciate it
Lab Assistant
#302 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 8:38 AM
I love this mod! However, I don't have the option to "sell to corporation"
Lab Assistant
#303 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
It somehow went missing when I updated for pets! i am preparing a big update now and parsnip pickles has been added back! thanks for the report

Okay good to know I'm not losing my eyesight.
Test Subject
#304 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:11 AM
Excuse me, maybe there is a no ingredients version? :3
Test Subject
#305 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 4:20 PM
Thanks a lot for this mod, I love it!
If you want, and nobody has done it yet, I can do the translation into Spanish from English

"Primum vivere, deinde philosophare"
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#306 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alawen
Thanks a lot for this mod, I love it!
If you want, and nobody has done it yet, I can do the translation into Spanish from English

Nobody has done it yet. i will be very happy to have a Spanish translation :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by Juniorcayher
Excuse me, maybe there is a no ingredients version? :3

I think finally i am going to cave and add a 'Ingredient Optional' version ( since it seems to be the most requested thing)
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#307 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 2:25 AM
Hahaha... I just had my Sim start to bake brownies. After he mixed them, he went outside, flipped the CANNING station on its belly... puts stuff into it, *sound of oven closing*, canning station flips back into upright position and Sim walks happily back into the house.
Lab Assistant
#308 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:15 AM
Can I make a request? Would love it if you could make a harvestable peanut plant and then make peanut butter on the canning station. Can think of so many recipes that can use peanut butter!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#309 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Hahaha... I just had my Sim start to bake brownies. After he mixed them, he went outside, flipped the CANNING station on its belly... puts stuff into it, *sound of oven closing*, canning station flips back into upright position and Sim walks happily back into the house.

The Canning Station belongs to the stove object class so occasionally the sims would do this inspite of my blocking this interaction and inspite of a perfectly good stove present right beside them

Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
Can I make a request? Would love it if you could make a harvestable peanut plant and then make peanut butter on the canning station. Can think of so many recipes that can use peanut butter!

Yes I have plans to convert the various nuts I made for sims 3, namely - Cashew, Walnut, Hazelnut, Almond and Peanut ( and related recipes and preserves)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#310 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 8:59 AM
First a big thanks for great cc. Love this mod so much but I no longer have the option to "sell to evil corporation". I noticed you said you were doing an update so wondered if that option was to be added back?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#311 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 4:41 PM
WOOOOHOOOOOOOO Yes Yes Yes!!! Thank you!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#312 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:03 PM
hi, I have a folder called icemunmun canning station,should I keep it or delete it?Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#313 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:21 PM
Love this mod, but after the last update i cant see the names of any preserves when I click make jam
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#314 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by loganj
Love this mod, but after the last update i cant see the names of any preserves when I click make jam

Hi! You this will happen if have both icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA and icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA_IngredientOptional in your game. Choose only one. Same for the custom ingredient preserve. You should choose Ingredient Optional version if you want the sims to be able to make the preserves without the specific ingredient in their inventory. ( if you want the preserves to always require inventory simply choose icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA and icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_Custom ).

Quote: Originally posted by prudence25
hi, I have a folder called icemunmun canning station,should I keep it or delete it?Thank you.

You can ovewrite the exsisting Base file, icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA and icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_Custom with the new versions downloaded from here.

You should choose Ingredient Optional version if you want the sims to be able to make the preserves without the specific ingredient in their inventory. ( if you want the preserves to always require inventory simply choose icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA and icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_Custom ).Do not put both icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA and icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA_IngredientOptional in your game. Choose only one. Same for the custom ingredient preserve.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#315 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:07 AM
Haha, haven't you heard of recycling? Obviously half of the cost of your preserves goes to pay for the glass jars. I am so going to cheat and sell my empty jars (to the recycling centre, of course).
Lab Assistant
#316 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:07 PM
Hi icemunmun here the pictures, I hope you understand the problem
Lab Assistant
#317 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:09 PM
Default Issue
Here the pictures
Lab Assistant
#318 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:14 PM
Default Issue
Here the pictures
Lab Assistant
#319 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:28 PM
Default Issue
Hi icemunmun, I'm trying to post the pictures but I'm not very practical
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#320 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:23 PM
the problem still there it replaces cook in club and cook is missing.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#321 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by michela1390
Hi icemunmun, I'm trying to post the pictures but I'm not very practical

Hi! thanks for the picture. I have fixed the Strings and updated the mod

Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
the problem still there it replaces cook in club and cook is missing.

Hey. I just updated the mod and fixed the club interaction. Please re download
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#322 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:07 PM
WOW. this is so wonderful. Great work. Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#323 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 3:46 PM
Hi folks! I love this. One issue I discovered, when you place the canning station next to the stove. My sims was making a roast chicken and when she placed the items in the oven of the "stove" the canning station rotated forward as if it were the oven door. it proceeded to behave in that manor for all seasoning adjustments etc. roast never appeared during the cooking phase but was removed properly from the oven. Hope this helped.
Test Subject
#324 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 2:29 PM
Default new can not find
Hello !!
I downloaded the new version, which is not found, and I can not use the old version, can you help me please? I love this mod and it pains me a lot to not be able to use it : '(
Thanks in advance
Test Subject
#325 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:41 AM
Hi! I play the Sims 4 in spanish (because i'm argentinian), and I don't like to have my CC items in another language because it feels to me fake, like that item is obviusly not original from the game. I propose you to make the same item but for spanish speakers players, if you like the idea please md me and i can translate the texts so you can create it!
Page 13 of 27