Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#326 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 8:05 PM
Department store went bankrupt- now I can't buy their strawberry smoothies anymore
Advertisement
Scholar
#327 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 12:22 PM
I forgot I bought some Madagascar vanilla rice pudding a few days ago and I just now decided to try it and I regret it and it's like cottage cheese bred with custard.
Scholar
#328 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 2:36 AM
The KFC in my city has been replaced with a Dominos at least Wok N'Go is still there!
Scholar
#329 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 8:33 PM
The only Pizza Hut in town got replaced a few years ago. It was in a really nice location. They only just recently opened up its replacement. It seems to be one of those "we serve ALL the things" restaurants.

Tumble dryer is being particularly noisy today
Scholar
#330 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 5:31 AM
I moved to a tiny ass town for my internship and the closest pizza chain - a goddamn Eagle Boys' - is forty minutes away in a slightly bigger but more garbage town. I "win". *winks at imaginary camera, walks into traffic*
Scholar
#331 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 11:27 PM
I totally burnt my tea today and had to throw it in the bin and start again, and I didn't think of the option of having a takeaway until I had already cooked myself a new disappointing tea. Oh well, another day I suppose.
Scholar
#332 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 7:31 PM
I hook up my fancy little microphone to my laptop in hopes to get some recording done today, and come to find out that Windows 8 has issues with that brand of microphones and I couldn't do anything. *sigh* I suppose I could dig out my old Windows 7 laptop, but technological issues really annoy me, so not right now.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#333 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 9:43 PM
My ipad thinks there's no internet when all 3 bars are there. Perfect internet access throughout the whole house. Yet the ipad is "connecting"
Theorist
#334 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 3:45 PM
Mobile data doesn't work in my work cave/building. It's a huge bummer. Must be all that steel and concrete.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#335 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 5:11 PM
I can't fit my new phone into my pocket

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#336 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 10:47 PM
That sense of free entitlement Millennials have to everything can entirely be traced back to the Rosebud!;!;!;!;! cheat in the Sims 1, FACT. *seals self into rebuttal proof cryogenic freezing pod for a thousand years*
Scholar
#337 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 7:52 PM
2nd year in a row where I couldn't buy a pair of Levi's because the models don't fit me right anymore. They just had to get rid of the curve id thing
Theorist
#338 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Mobile data doesn't work in my work cave/building. It's a huge bummer. Must be all that steel and concrete.

They're flooding the levels with radiation hoping you all gain computer programming super powers.
Instructor
#339 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 2:37 AM
There are too many people living in my house, this is like a bad game of the sims. Because everyone has to shower every day the hot water heater can't heat water fast enough to clean all the dishes and get everyone showered, so the dirty dishes are now always piled up. My only option at this point is to switch to a system where I sleep all day and then get up around ten Pm and try to get all the dishes done before 5am when the all day showers start, but who wants to live like that?

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Scholar
#340 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 6:43 AM Last edited by pirate_wolf_12 : 23rd Apr 2016 at 11:07 AM.
[Original post redacted 'cause I had my widdle rant and a juice box and am slightly happier now]

[I stand by my rant about small town life though, big city, bright lights is where it is and always will be at]

So here's another first world problem: I took a sleeping pill last night, was blissfully drugged outta my fuckin' gourd and slept for ten hours but woke up still feeling groggy and tired, though probs also from dem drugs, boi.

FYI totally worth it, do recommend Doxylamine.
Theorist
#341 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
[Original post redacted 'cause I had my widdle rant and a juice box and am slightly happier now]

I liked the rant.
Instructor
#342 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 5:02 AM
Why are so many shows that are broadcast in HD only released on DvD so what you are buying looks and sounds worse then what you saw on TV for free. I am sorry but I hate shelling out good money for something when the free version was better. I have taken to making my own bluray discs but there is only so much time in one day. This is insane, for $30-$40 a season the least they could do is give me the option to buy the show in a format that looks as good as the broadcast that again, I am able tot watch for free.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Scholar
#343 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 2:19 PM
My newish (had it a few months) laptop has one button, which functions as both the mouse and the trackpad. Almost every time I try to right click on something (even if I press on the furthest right I can), it left clicks instead, meaning if I was scrolling I lose my place completely and have to start again! It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying!
dodgy builder
#344 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 6:13 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 25th Apr 2016 at 8:02 AM.
Polar app called beat isn't available in my country, but they still do commertials for it

Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
The only Pizza Hut in town got replaced a few years ago. It was in a really nice location. They only just recently opened up its replacement. It seems to be one of those "we serve ALL the things" restaurants.

They had one of those in paleet a few years back. 5 restaurants was turned into one, and the vietnamese thought they could do it all. It went as it had to, terribly wrong.
Scholar
#345 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 1:09 PM
More like a "We serve ALL things, none of them good" restaurants.
Field Researcher
#346 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 8:24 AM
Why must no smartphones have slider QWERTY keyboards anymore, except the Blackberry Priv. And why must the Priv be so expensive, $900 for it unlocked, and even with a plan it's still over $300 with an $80 a month plan. Agh, I just want a cheapish Android with a QWERTY keyboard and is newish. I also wish I could get a hold of the Motorola Razr my mom used to have, but she gave it to my grandma who did something with it, I want to flip it open and closed a few times, and maybe have it as a backup to put a sim card in if the phone dies. If you can't tell yet I like phones with moving parts. :P
Theorist
#347 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cord11
Why must no smartphones have slider QWERTY keyboards anymore, except the Blackberry Priv. And why must the Priv be so expensive, $900 for it unlocked

Here's an unlocked Priv for less than half that price if you're interested.
http://slickdeals.net/f/8676171-32g...?src=SiteSearch

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#348 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 10:52 AM
Or you could buy the locked version, and take it to the people that do the unlocky thing. Dunno what prices are like wherever you are, but they can be quite reasonable. I got my phone unlocked for 15 euros
Theorist
#349 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 5:20 PM Last edited by GnatGoSplat : 27th Apr 2016 at 5:44 PM.
In the US, if you pay full price for an unsubsidized phone, the carrier will usually unlock it for free. The majority of people buy subsidized phones for really cheap, usually between free and $200, no matter the value of the phone. However, you have to commit to 2-years of service at $70+ USD per month with huge fees for terminating early.

A little cheaper here:
http://slickdeals.net/f/8699263-32g...ee-shipping?v=1

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#350 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Why are so many shows that are broadcast in HD only released on DvD so what you are buying looks and sounds worse then what you saw on TV for free. I am sorry but I hate shelling out good money for something when the free version was better. I have taken to making my own bluray discs but there is only so much time in one day. This is insane, for $30-$40 a season the least they could do is give me the option to buy the show in a format that looks as good as the broadcast that again, I am able tot watch for free.

Here's another one. I recently moved to a new city, leaving Mediacom behind for Comcast. When I had Mediacom, my HD was free, as was closed captioning. Comcast wants to charge for both of those features. I will not pay to have services my tv has installed. Why should I? I already bought the tv. So, I mostly just watch the shows on Hulu the next day on my Apple TV.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 14 of 17