Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 1:03 AM
[TS3] Incorporating Wishing Well and Hot Air Balloon
I own both the wishing well and the hot air balloon from the Store but have never used them as they seem difficult to integrate into the town without looking out of place. If anyone can post screenshots of lots with these objects that look well integrated, I'd really appreciate it! With regard to the wishing well in particular, examples that are not from Dragon Valley, Monte Vista, or Lucky Palms would be especially helpful.

Thanks!

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 3:56 AM
I don't have any screenshots to show, but I have seen the hot air balloon used in festival lots and amusement parks.

The wishing well is too darn large to look okay anywhere but a park, I think.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 11:34 PM
Wonderland Amusement Park by Tiki5872 (http://tikissims3corner.weebly.com/...ement-park.html)

New at Simszoo
dodgy builder
#4 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 1:58 PM
As a general thing, I would say that there is no limit to what you can include into an historic lot. Because they change over time, the hot air balloon was just a moments joy from one of the owners. What I generally do is just to include a story with the lot. That could work with a modern lot as well, if you just showed the same with other out of place objects. If the lot is very streamlined it won't work. It's just about creating a story in my mind. Then you can often get lots of things approved, if that's what you're worried about.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 4:37 PM
@attuned

Thanks for the suggestions! That amusement park lot is impressive, though a little too large and well appointed for my town, which already has several sizeable community lots. Also, the hot air balloon seems to be placed on an elevated platform. Does it still work, or is it decorative only? I was under the impression that the balloon must be placed on terrain.

@Volvenom

I would like to incorporate the well and the balloon into Sunset Valley, hence why I'm looking for ideas that are not in the more "historic" towns. This would be for my own game, not for upload--my build skills are way too mediocre for that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:31 AM
Hi Butterbot!
I didn't think you wanted that lot- it was just an example of incorporating the Balloon into a town. If you place it on an elevated platform it still works, and goes even higher, which is cool. You cannot, however, use it to "go to" aka teleport somewhere. If you try to leave the lot, it will not be able to return to the lot and well I guess something bad happens (you know, it is TS3- ).

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:47 AM
Okay, that reminded me of this lot by Joolster. It is a 20 X 20 lot with a cafe, food stand and the balloon.
So an attraction where the balloon is the attraction.
I think something like this would work in Sunset Valley, not this exact lot, but something of this design.
There are more pics of it here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=7026252

New at Simszoo
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 9:03 PM
That lot by Joolster looks great and gives me some ideas on how to proceed with this. Thanks for the suggestion and for cluing me in on how the balloon works.