Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 9:25 PM
Default Blow dandelion's ?
I see alot of screenshots with sims blowing dandelions and i've never seen it happen in my game. Is it a mod ? If so wcif it ?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 9:53 PM
I think plantsims can do it, but it's also an option with the allmenus cheat.
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Allmenus_cheat
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I think plantsims can do it, but it's also an option with the allmenus cheat.
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Allmenus_cheat

Thank you this is my first time playing with seasons since I got the ultimate collection so I didn't play with plant sims yet.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 11:39 PM
You could also use the Seasons animation box from Jaydee's blog:
http://jaydeesims.blogspot.com/
Just click/tap the picture (bottom left) and it will download.
The animation is in one of the options, but I can't remember which one for the life of me.
I hope I helped!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 11:43 PM
I'm not sure if Jaydee's boxes will show the actual accessory. In most cases it only shows animations and effects (like the food from the OFB serving tray spilling out for the clumsy waiter, but not an actual serving tray). The dandelion is an ingame accessory, but the seeds blowing away is an effect.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 11:52 PM Last edited by simmerblue : 21st Mar 2017 at 8:06 AM.
I'm not sure if Jaydee's boxes will show the actual accessory. In most cases it only shows animations and effects (like the food from the OFB serving tray spilling out for the clumsy waiter, but not an actual serving tray). The dandelion is an ingame accessory, but the seeds blowing away is an effect.

Hm. I'm pretty sure the last time I used the animation, it showed the dandelion accessory along with the seeds flying as the sims blew on it.
It's also shown in this video --> https://youtu.be/Jb7UB61YLMQ?t=227 (it takes a while to get through the whole animation)
*edit* I believe the allMenus cheat was used in the video and not Jaydee's Seasons anim box. Because upon me testing the dandelion anim from the box, the dandelion stem mesh didn't show up.
So unless my game is just really messed up then don't use the anim box. Unless someone knows how to fix it.

Because it looks kind of funny when a sim is blowing on a floating ball of fluff you know? Same with pulling petals from an invisible flower
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 12:19 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Mar 2017 at 12:46 AM.
The accessory dandelion has a stalk. The seeds, both the blob and the flying ones are animated texture effects that aren't connected to the accessory (I tried extracting the dandelion once, and only found the stalk as a mesh).

You can easily see what's an effect and what's an object accessory if you pause and move your sim in buy mode. Object accessories will, if actually connected to the sim's body, follow the sim. Effects will usually not follow the sim, but might pop into the proper place when you go to live mode and unpause. Some accessories are also grabbable with Moveobjects, but not all.

Pics underneath:

Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:14 AM
I see what you mean. I just looked at Jaydee's Seasons anim box and the full animation was there...sort of.
When my sim blew on the dandelion the err...seed bustle was there but the stem was missing.
So it just looked like a bundle of fluff hovering above her hand while she was pinching her fingers for no reason.
Anyway just go with whatever works for you MochaBerries. I just wanted to give another option in the matter.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:23 AM
The accessory dandelion has a stalk. The seeds, both the blob and the flying ones are animated texture effects that aren't connected to the accessory (I tried extracting the dandelion once, and only found the stalk as a mesh).

You can easily see what's an effect and what's an object accessory if you pause and move your sim in buy mode. Object accessories will, if actually connected to the sim's body, follow the sim. Effects will usually not follow the sim, but might pop into the proper place when you go to live mode and unpause. Some accessories are also grabbable with Moveobjects, but not all.

Pics underneath:

I'm confused now and i've never seen the love me not flower thing. Do I plant the dandelion or something ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmerblue
I see what you mean. I just looked at Jaydee's Seasons anim box and the full animation was there...sort of.
When my sim blew on the dandelion the err...seed bustle was there but the stem was missing.
So it just looked like a bundle of fluff hovering above her hand while she was pinching her fingers for no reason.
Anyway just go with whatever works for you MochaBerries. I just wanted to give another option in the matter.

Lol I have no idea what to do now this thread has confused me. So this dandelion stem is where ??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:31 AM
Nevermind I understand now
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 7:25 AM
So blow dandelions and the love me love me not are actually Maxis interactions? So how do you get sims to do them; I've never seen them?
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
So blow dandelions and the love me love me not are actually Maxis interactions? So how do you get sims to do them; I've never seen them?

As simmer22 said you can use the allMenus cheat to unlock the interactions. Including the 'dandelion blowing' and the 'she loves me she loves me not' ones (read the simwiki link that was left on how to activate the cheat)
The animations are both plantsim self-interactions. If you have seasons, then you can watch plantsims autonomously do them.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:06 PM
Ah thanks. Yeah, I wanted to know how to do them without the cheat. I need more plantsims.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:09 PM
It's called "Plants love me?" and it happens when their Love motive is low.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
It's called "Plants love me?" and it happens when their Love motive is low.

Thank you im going to try it on the plant sims in riverblossom lol