Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 12:55 AM
Default WCIF Italian-Style Starter Houses for Veronaville
I am hoping someone can help me here; I don't like how on the Monty's side of Veronaville there are only a few houses, and they're for richer families. I'd like to have some starter and middle income houses for the Italian side of the river. Does anyone know where to get some that look like they belong in the game? Nothing too complicated, just a little more variety for Veronaville; I don't want all sims to be living on the Capp's side. Please and thank you.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 11:19 PM
Maybe, there is something on the CC Free Lots for TS2 blog that might suit your needs. You can filter by types of lots (apt, res, comm, dorm, hotel) as well as view the blog in "Archive" format for quicker browsing.

Since I do not download lots of any kind, I'm not sure if the blog has exactly what you're looking for, but figured it might be of interest to you or someone else who might want CC free lots.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 11:31 PM
I made over one of the bin houses as a Tuscan starter. http://modthesims.info/d/557123/ran...an-starter.html It's CC free.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 12:22 AM
I am working (on and off) on some Italianate style houses priced under §20,000 for precisely this purpose. I was going to wait until I have 4 of them ready before trying to upload them, but seeing they seem to be wanted, I could try to upload the ones I have ready. As far as I can recall I have two ready. One is base-game compatible, but I think the other requires OFB, and probably University and Nightlife too. I have posted pictures of them here and here. My computer is running badly just now (failing hard disk) so I can't really finish the others just now, but I'll try and clean these two up and make sure they're quite safe to download. Before submitting them to the queue, I'll start a thread in the Sims 2 Creator Feedback Forum and provisionally share beta copies of them there for people to evaluate. With pressure of Real Life events and my failing computer that might take me a week or so. The houses should be CC-free.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 11:13 AM
Default Correction to my last post
The two pages linked to in my last post are actually both showing the same house. I wrote that post very late at night when I really should have been in bed. That house was made in my main game and requires OFB, and probably Uni and Nightlife too. I'd like to play-test it a little before sharing it, even as a beta.

I also have this house ready:
This house was made in AGS, has two double bedrooms, a bathroom, and a kitchen/diner. It costs §19,803, with enough basic furniture to get started. It's base game compatible, CC free, and has been play-tested, so I reckon it is ready for a beta upload. So, I'll start up FRAPS, take a few bigger pictures, and start that thread in Creator Feedback. Once I've done that, I'll post a link in this thread.

Apologies for the double-post, but I reckoned I had something substantial to add. And this sub-forum moves so quickly that this thread is already slipping off the radar.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 11:44 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll take a look at these house. And AndrewGloria, thanks for getting these ahead of time, I didn't mean to rush anybody.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 1:25 PM
I've now started a thread in the Creator Feedback Forum about my Veronaville starter houses. I've included a beta version of one the houses in the first post, which you can download for testing. I'll post future developments in that thread.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!