Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#126 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaineyBug12
And now toddlers have come out. So far I am pretty freaking happy with those.

I think the toddlers are now my favourite life stage to play with!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 9:59 AM
I started playing the sims again today after 5 years. I was greeted by a notice of these cute little toddler creatures, I thought they were in every base game since the original? Then I opened the CAS and was thoroughly impressed by the customization and then disappointed with the traits and aspirations. I gave it a chance by starting a legacy family like old times. A fire breaks out after Arnie is making pancakes the morning after his affair with Bella Goth, Mortimer must have cursed that witch! He just stands there while on fire with no way to put it out and no F%&$ given from the fire fighters. As you can probably tell I rage quit the game and won't be returning until they give us the basic necessity features. I've never rage quit a sims game in my life but this game blows. Should have just shagged one of the Caliente sisters instead.
Forum Resident
#128 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 1:00 AM
All these years I have avoided Sims 4 because of all of its flaws, including the severe lack of features and content compared to previous Sims games. However, I've always followed the series and kept myself updated with new packs that came out, waiting for the day to finally be convinced to give the game a shot. I only just bought the base game about a month ago when Origin had its Boxing Week sale because it was only about $11. But even then I never played it.

Now that the game finally has toddlers, which came in a great, free update, I've taken a look back on everything EA has released for the game for free, like ghosts, pools, etc, in order for them to make a base game worth playing.

It took 2 years, but I think now that toddlers has been added to the game, as well as a bunch of other free content over time, I finally gave the game a chance, and I've been playing it extensively the past couple days. I never thought I'd be able to enjoy the game so much, especially with it just being a base game, but I am. Sure, the game has its limitations, but it has a lot going for it. I love the bright and pretty graphics and the fact that the game runs so smoothly on my computer. I love how intuitive interactions are, especially when it comes to social interactions. I love that sims can talk in a group. It feels so realistic. Parties actually feel like real parties. You aren't limited to having to speak to one sim at a time. I love the little details in the world, like the puddles in the streets, the raised sidewalks, the sewer grates. I can only imagine how gorgeous a real Seasons pack would look in this game.

I feel like the base game has finally become the base game it should have been in 2014 (minus cars). I'm actually looking forward to start buying the expansions and game packs now.
Test Subject
#129 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 5:20 AM
I actually love Sims 4 and have enjoyed playing it from release date despite some of the missing base game features. I probably play it about as much as I played TS2 as a kid, despite having a full time job and my own real life household to run!!

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that i've been a Sims 2 player since 2003 and I never enjoyed the Sims 3, so I don't have any wants for an open world or cast.

The CAS in Sims 4 is probably the best feature along with the graphic style. For builders, Build/Buy mode may be lacking, but for me, someone that can't build anything to save my life, it is super easy and intuitive. I really missed toddlers, so having them added in the new update was a dream come true, my families feel complete now.

I think Sims 4 possibly has the potential to be on par with The Sims 2 with some work. A create a world tool would be great!
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 9:50 AM

CAN SOMEONE LOVE THE SIMS 4?
Mad Poster
#131 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by G0nzal0

CAN SOMEONE LOVE THE SIMS 4?

We can if they fix it.
Scholar
#132 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 4:02 PM
now I really do not get it. What is wrong with You people?

I do understand disagree with opinion. But with love? There's no argument, guys...

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#133 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 8:52 PM
Well, here is a very silly thread. Opens another door to comparison between sims games...as if we don't have enough of these already.
I wonder what was expected from this thread?
Of course people love the sims 4. Everyone who creates for it, download cc for it, everyone following discussions on these TS4 forums..needless to say, everyone who is playing it?

Simmers have complained about the sims series, since the beginning, always have, always will. Then again, if no one loved it, we would not have this discussion.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#134 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 4:32 PM
You don't have to spend much time here to see that it's not true that everyone who participates in the forum or plays the game loves TS4. A lot of the regulars don't even like it.
Mad Poster
#135 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
You don't have to spend much time here to see that it's not true that everyone who participates in the forum or plays the game loves TS4. A lot of the regulars don't even like it.

A lot of them complains yes, but if they do not enjoy it, then why the heck are they still playing it?
This is like asking someone who has his mouth full of chocolate cake..*Do you love chocolate cake?*

Alchemist
#136 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 4:57 PM
A few things: Some of them aren't still playing. Actually some haven't ever played. They're here because they enjoy complaining or because they love the franchise, but not this particular offering and they're either venting or giving constructive criticism in hopes of improving TS4 or influencing the direction of TS5. Or because the section exists and they're bored. There is also big difference between liking something and loving it. I like TS4. I certainly am not in love with it, though.
Mad Poster
#137 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:01 PM
Well, I still think this is a very silly thread..especially, because it is posted IN the Sims 4 forums. Maybe I am not one of those you mentioned.
And with so many people saying bad things about it, who would even raise their hand and say..me! I love it!.
Useless IMO.

Alchemist
#138 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:20 PM
I don't know what the OPs goal was, but a forum where most of the sentiment is negative seems like a good place to open a thread soliciting positve viewpoints if you love the game and are looking for kindred spirits. I don't know how most people feel about the game, but a lot of people are disappointed by it, and if you're not, it must get lonely if you're the type who enjoys discussing the game with other fans. Also, a lot of people are brave enough to admit to having an unpopular opinion about something as minor as a game.
Mad Poster
#139 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:45 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:57 PM.
Yes, totally.
And thank you Omglo for your input. Your point of view helped me understanding better, the purpose of this thread.

Test Subject
#140 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 2:44 AM
Yes'sum! I have a lot of fun. I'm a writer, so I love using it as a way to bring my characters to life and watch them get into their crazy situations. A lot of the time, if I am going through a bit of Writer's Block something will happen that will spark some needed inspiration.

I've been playing since high school. I had bought Sims Pets with money I'd been given as a gift for my birthday, and unfortunately the family computer then - was like a 95 Windows - went on the frits because of it. So we returned the game since our computer couldn't handle it, but instead my mother bought The Sims Bustin' Out. That was my first Sims experience, and I still love it.
Page 6 of 6