Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 1:20 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 20th Nov 2018 at 11:34 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default University Students lose their Semester Bars & get an Adult Lifespan instead
Hi everyone. This is a weird glitch that I've never experienced before. Any help would be appreciated.

I have Squinge's Mega College Pack installed in my game & a few other College related Mods such as 24 Hour Semester, College Adjuster etc.

The weird thing is, the students studying in the Mainhood/Subhoods are fine but the ones in the University itself lose their Semester Bar and get an Adult lifespan instead. They walk like a Young Adult and speak like a teenager but I can't see their GPA next to their skills (it's blank) or their Semester Bar (it gets replaced with an adult lifespan). I used Cyjon's Debugger to "Fix Student" but that didn't work. I guess it's not for this glitch, lol.

Can this be fixed or has my hood finally turned into a BFBVFS? Only #1 Rotation in and looks like it's doomed already.

Thanks all!

Edit: I re-organized my Mods folder like 2 days ago and when I went back in game, everyone was reset. I've only just got to my University hood round. This is when I noticed the University students (not the Mainhood/Subhood Students) glitched out.

Edit 2: Ran HCD and it found 68 possible conflicts. Pescado's breakupfix and Simlogical Break Up Anytime appear to be a conflict according to HCD. TwoJeff pregforallgenders is conflicting with Risky WooHoo according to HCD but I got the files that they said I need if I have the TwoJeff Mod so I'm confused about that. I fixed most of the other conflicts that I had, I just need to test in game with a throw-away hood...

Edit 3: I fixed most of the conflicts, I left 7 of them because I know they're fine.. I'm testing the neighborhood to see if it happens again and if it does, I'll try and graduate them via Semester Tester or College Adjuster and see what happens.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Hi everyone. This is a weird glitch that I've never experienced before. Any help would be appreciated.

I have Squinge's Mega College Pack installed in my game & a few other College related Mods such as 24 Hour Semester, College Adjuster etc.

The weird thing is, the students studying in the Mainhood/Subhoods are fine but the ones in the University itself lose their Semester Bar and get an Adult lifespan instead. They walk like a Young Adult and speak like a teenager but I can't see their GPA next to their skills (it's blank) or their Semester Bar (it gets replaced with an adult lifespan). I used Cyjon's Debugger to "Fix Student" but that didn't work. I guess it's not for this glitch, lol.

Can this be fixed or has my hood finally turned into a BFBVFS? Only #1 Rotation in and looks like it's doomed already.

Thanks all!

Edit: I re-organized my Mods folder like 2 days ago and when I went back in game, everyone was reset. I've only just got to my University hood round. This is when I noticed the University students (not the Mainhood/Subhood Students) glitched out.

Edit 2: Ran HCD and it found 68 possible conflicts. Pescado's breakupfix and Simlogical Break Up Anytime appear to be a conflict according to HCD. TwoJeff pregforallgenders is conflicting with Risky WooHoo according to HCD but I got the files that they said I need if I have the TwoJeff Mod so I'm confused about that. I fixed most of the other conflicts that I had, I just need to test in game with a throw-away hood...

Edit 3: I fixed most of the conflicts, I left 7 of them because I know they're fine.. I'm testing the neighborhood to see if it happens again and if it does, I'll try and graduate them via Semester Tester or College Adjuster and see what happens.

Edit 4: Okay, the conflicts weren't the issue. I tried to graduate them via Semester Tester AND College Adjuster, didn't happen. I tried to move Frances J back to Belladonna Cove but the option wasn't even on the phone. Scrap this hood entirely, I think! It's truly not fixable.

FACEPALM ... I WAS SUPPOSED TO EDIT MY POST NOT ACTUALLY POST A NEW COMMENT!! Sorry!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 4:17 PM
Edit 4: Okay, the conflicts weren't the issue. I tried to graduate them via Semester Tester AND College Adjuster, didn't happen. I tried to move Frances J back to Belladonna Cove but the option wasn't even on the phone. Scrap this hood entirely, I think! It's truly not fixable.

FACEPALM ... I WAS SUPPOSED TO EDIT MY POST NOT ACTUALLY POST A NEW COMMENT!! Sorry!

If you have already scrapped the 'hood then of course it is mute, however I really think that the cause was some kind of Mod not working right with your game or some kind of mod conflct and not a case of a corruption. You may want to look over your Mods carefully. Also Object Mods like the College Adjuster are unlikely to be the cause of problems and conflcts, instead look at the Global and Semi-Global Mods.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 5:17 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 21st Nov 2018 at 6:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
If you have already scrapped the 'hood then of course it is mute, however I really think that the cause was some kind of Mod not working right with your game or some kind of mod conflct and not a case of a corruption. You may want to look over your Mods carefully. Also Object Mods like the College Adjuster are unlikely to be the cause of problems and conflcts, instead look at the Global and Semi-Global Mods.

Thanks for the reply, however, I've already sorted the Mod conflicts. This issue happened after I re-organized my Mods folder fairly recently and used the Lot Cleaner by Chris Hatch on a house that I made a separate thread for. I also accidentally used the Lot Cleaner on a lot that I was playing and I continued to play on it which was a big no-no. The lot had a YA (I have Squinge's Mega College Pack) and the issue I am experiencing with the University hood actually happened with this YA at home. It was fixed after I exited the lot without saving. Luckily I saved before she turned into a YA because when I returned to the game and aged her to YA again, the issue didn't happen.

I'm not sure which one is the culprit but I suspect it was me moving my Mods around. I moved around a few Mods into Subfolders such as "aaaPescado" etc to help with load orders and to help me if I ever need to find a certain mod I want to remove. Ever since I moved these Mods around and removed a few of the conflicting ones, my University hood' students were no longer "students" essentially. They had no Semester Bar or GPA Bar. Their Semester bar got replaced by a lifespan and their GPA Bar disappeared completely - I could only see their skills and badges.

I still have the hood on my external 1TB drive (I have most backups etc on there) just in case I can fix it. Whether or not I can, it will still be on there anyway. The more I learn about this game and how to avoid corruption and stuff, the better!
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 8:17 AM
the students studying in the Mainhood/Subhoods are fine but the ones in the University itself lose their Semester Bar and get an Adult lifespan instead. They walk like a Young Adult and speak like a teenager but I can't see their GPA next to their skills (it's blank) or their Semester Bar (it gets replaced with an adult lifespan). I used Cyjon's Debugger to cheap essay writer "Fix Student" but that didn't work. I guess it's not for this glitch, lol.
This is when I noticed the University students (not the Mainhood/Subhood Students) glitched out.

[

Semester Bar glitch. I had this. I do not remember what my friend did to correct the bug. I can ask if u still need it.