Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 9:23 PM
Default The joys of dishwashers
I think that there's a problem with adulting. From descriptions of various accounts, it looks like the lyrics to Weird Al's "Young, Dumb and Ugly".

I recently made an grown up decision. I decided to pay for the plumbing, purchase of, and installation of a dishwasher unit. The house we are in now has space for one, but one wasn't installed. Take into account I decided this sacrifice based on the sacrifice of my already copious free time. I am currently a dishwasher and this will free my work up substantially so I can work on non-dishwasher items.

This may start next month and I am to the point where I don't need to shop for needs unless it needs replacing, so money will be negotiated for the next few months.

I think a real adult is willing to sacrifice their time, money and/or resources to do the right things.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 10:16 PM
If you feel you need a dishwasher, get a dishwasher. Not sure "sacrifice" is the right word, though. It's pretty much like getting a washing machine or a fridge or a stove, or any of the other modern life essentials for a kitchen/bathroom/laundry room.

If you live alone and don't have many guests over, a dishwasher is usually not a necessity, but nice to have. If you live with two or more people, it's (almost) a requirement these days...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 10:37 PM
I call it a sacrifice because my budget is limited.

However, my grandfather is landlord of the house we live in, but he won't be able to discuss the terms and conditions of this renovation (my mother wants to add cabinets and space for pots and pans while we're at it.) Until he returns from Vermont with my stepgrandmother, Grandma Barb. It may take a few days, but we may strike a deal once we sell the idea to him that the house needs a few renovations.

I live with my mother and father and Tuxedo Siamese mix with a jealous streak. So 3 humans and a cat.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)