Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 7:26 PM Last edited by whoward69 : 16th May 2017 at 12:26 PM.
Default Vanishing walls in hood view
Anybody happen to know why walls above roofs vanish in 'hood view?

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 7:51 PM
That's a shed roof, right? For whatever reason, the game doesn't like displaying the walls that go up against the apex of walls like that, but if you make the gabled roof extend further into the main 2nd floor, it'll display properly from neighborhood view, but will still appear the same way in lot view- roofs underneath other roofs (barring a few exceptions) are not displayed.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 8:09 PM Last edited by whoward69 : 16th May 2017 at 12:27 PM.
:lovestruc

(Note for self, when I forget how to do this and find my own post via Google - the roof in question was 4 long, 1 deep - I had to make it 4 long 3 deep - so it projected into the room by two tiles)

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 8:46 PM
A bit late, but here's some more info for anyone else interested:

http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...992&postcount=4

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 9:37 PM
Weird... I have no invisible walls when I do it normally, not going over the wall. But I do get the annoyingly invisible floor after I build more than 13 stories.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 10:02 PM
The invisible floor should just happen at low camera angles. It's doubly annoying, since low camera angles are the easiest way to play high levels, but if you tilt the camera to a steeper perspective, you should get the floor back. Same goes for ceilings, for that matter...

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 10:33 PM
It always happens in neighborhood view, after 13th floor.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 10:39 PM
Ah. Yeah, never found a solution to that one... I mostly just try to find ways to conceal it- more varied walls, normal roofs instead of tiles, helipads, etc...

Instructor
#9 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 1:05 AM
I believe I've seen tutorials to fix it but they are only a temporary fix if I recall.