Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#251 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 10:35 AM
im gonna sound like the others but still. Cheers for your help so far!! I'm gonna have fun playing with it!!
which reminds me, are we all gonna download the .world file and do what we want with it? or have one person d/l the file and edit it? the second one sounds a better option tbh then we all have just one world thats the same. and ive already said i dont mind doing it as i have a month of nothing before uni starts :D

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#252 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 1:21 PM
Craig, I'm fine with you doing the editing. And I'm very curious to see what you're going to come up with!
Scholar
#253 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 6:29 PM
i think it would be best if you edited it, then posted it, then we have the exact same world. but i think we should all like it before you uploadit.

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#254 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 6:39 PM
Yes, it would be nice if you could show us some pictures during the process.
Retired
retired moderator
#255 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 8:01 PM
ItalyPorto.rar

Took me a little longer to upload than I expected. We've just had an earthquake here in NZ and all the telecommunications networks seem pretty overloaded or something. Let me know if there are any issues.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#256 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 9:20 PM
Thanks so much, Kiwi!
You had an eathquake? OMG, hopefully you're ok!
Field Researcher
#257 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 10:27 PM
well of course I'll post pictures up!! so what do you guys want? connors valley lots, my ambitions lots, the nectary (whoop) and wasnt there something to do with that other bit near the port that had the lighter grass?

Forum Resident
#258 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 10:56 PM
Just have a look at the pictures Connor made and see if it's possible to fit those lots. And of course your ambitions lots and the nectary.
The part by the port is where the castle should go... and if your nectary doesn't fit on the mountain, there will be room for it there.
Also... there's a square next to the gym/stadium area, that looks exactly the same. It's where the business and science center could go. Just play around with some lot sizes and see what you like. Maybe the middle could have a section where sims could sit and relax when their on their "pretend" break.

Oh, and the fish bar should go somewhere too. That size is 40x30. And we need the military base, the mines, fishing spot(s) and a beach lot.
Can you first have a look where all of those things would be possible?

And remember the pretty roman thing you build in the town center? Maybe you could ad a lot that size next to it.
Scholar
#259 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 4:14 AM
Also, we need to find a place to hide the dump.

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#260 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 12:49 PM
dont you worry about that i'll find somewhere to put it. I'll make two versions of the map. one with ambitions lots included, and one without :D

Retired
retired moderator
#261 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 1:34 PM
If you turn on the grid you'll get a good feel for the areas that I made entirely flat (or as flat as possible). I'll try to keep an eye on this thread, so don't hesitate to ask me questions about the way the world is right now.

Seeing as Ambitions adds, at most, a few new lots it might be easier to make those lots and just have them as separate files for people to download, rather than having a whole map with them already in it. Was that what you were suggesting Craggles?

Also, are we distributing the world prepopulated via save game? Or via actual prepopulation? If I find time within the next few months and if the project isn't finished (adding Sims and little details is actually very time consuming) then I'll gladly prepopulate the world. If not, my guide for prepopulation is on the MTS wiki.

Are we planning to release an empty world alongside a prepopulated one? I think that's the best approach. Save games have a superficial appeal, but a lot can go wrong with them and the changes in formatting from expansions and patches can render old ones useless/tricky to use.

Field Researcher
#262 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 2:13 PM
yeah i thought 2 worlds, but your idea makes more sense haha! and i have no idea about the rest!

on another not, Tyu, i have some news for you. Movnig in has been pretty hectic, and I dont know how much time I'm gonna have in the future, so do you fancy sorting out the .world file once ive messed about with the nectary? I'll put the buildings i have in as well for you. so u can just play with the valley area that you like yes?

Forum Resident
#263 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 5:03 PM
Kiwi, I think an actual prepopulation will make the world more interesting. It would be great if you could find the time to do that. If not, your tutorial will come in very handy so one of us can do it.
Also, I agree that releasing an empty world next to the prepopulated one, will be a very good idea.

Craig, I'm so curious to see if your nectary is going to fit! Can't wait to see it in game!
Wiki Wizard
#264 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 5:51 PM
I like your plan Kiwi, however i think we should only consider doing a prepopulated world is someone can find enough time for it, it is not essential.

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Field Researcher
#265 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 4:37 PM
ARGH i cant get the file to export from CAW and then install into sims3. the launcher just tells me that its already installed, but when i try to start a new game with the edited map, its just NOT THERE. im so angry, any pointers? lol

Scholar
#266 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 9:12 PM
can you rename the file?

Call me Tyu. (:
Retired
retired moderator
#267 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 2:06 AM
Oh, Craggles. I understand you've sorted it out. You need to delete the file from your "Downloads" folder in the Sims 3 directory, AND you need to uninstall the world. Each time. It's a pain, I know.

Field Researcher
#268 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 11:12 AM
ok so its apparent that me and CAW dont get on
someone else is gonna have to take over im afraid, i dont have the time to mess about with it anymore im starting to get everything ready for my course and i dont want to leave you guys high and dry!! Im so sorry
and on the bloody nectary, ive rebuilt it on a 50x50 lot thats flat so it can go basically everywhere, though I've built it in the weird space next to the port thats all light green and nice, ive squashed it in right next to all the olive trees, and it looks damn nice :P

Retired
retired moderator
#269 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 10:14 PM
If the absolute worst comes about, I finish my course mid-to-late October and should be free-ish then (except I'll be job-hunting).

Scholar
#270 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 12:29 AM
That might have to work kiwi, because i do not have anytime either,

Call me Tyu. (:
Wiki Wizard
#271 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 5:13 PM
I think we could wait till then, just power on with building everything

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Scholar
#272 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 3:52 AM
true, but there is not much left to build until we have a new map.

Call me Tyu. (:
The other one
#273 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 9:17 AM
I still haven't started on the bookstore yet (and probably wont for some time, I'm still working on the hospital) so if someone wants to take that over if your itching to build I wouldn't mind

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller

Page 11 of 11