Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 1:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Japanese Restaurant, Deli, Etc. Lot Types?
Good evening.

I'm not sure how I encountered this, but it piques my interest. What I am asking today concerns the unusual Lot classes that I suddenly acquired over the past few weeks. I have no idea how they got here or what I installed to get them, but no information exists on them through Google, and all official documentation is mum on the subject, so they may be custom designed.

Among other things, the lot classes I have found are:
  1. Bakery
  2. Carnival
  3. Delicatessen
  4. Japanese Restaurant

Those are what I can recite from memory.

By "Lot classes", I mean that, in Edit Town, you can designate a Community Lot to be the aforementioned classes, instead of, say, "Robot Emporium", "Elixer Consignment Store", or "Big Park". What do these classes do? What do they entail? How do they affect Sims and what Sims do they attract?

I'm at a loss for what they do, so I'm really curious as to how I ended up with them.

Thank you for any assistance you may render.

Warm regards,
-TURTLESHROOM

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 10:31 AM
I think they come from NRaas Tagger. The Bakery, Carnival, Deli and Japanese Restaurant are all custom tags. See: Tagger Custom Tags Phase One.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Woah, does that simply changes the tag icon? Or it actually changes functions of those lots?

The following has been copy/pasted from the NRaas Tagger Revision Notes page which gives the explanation I think you are looking for.

[Added in] Version 2
- The custom lot types are now fully supported by the MetaAutonomyManager and Sims should be pushed to them. By default, they simulate as Hangouts.
- Added "Lot / Set MetaAutonomy Type" to each community lot. You can use this to set the MetaAutonomy Type of each lot in town. This allows the lot to simulate as the type you specify but still be tagged as whatever the lot type is in Edit Town. MetaAutonomy Types determine which type of Sims will be attracted to the lot and what sort of actions they will be drawn to autonomously choosing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 6:44 PM
Ah, that answers my question. Thank you!

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!