Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1901 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 11:16 PM
The dress is okay I guess, but the combo with the stockings are weird to me.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1902 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Y'all know any hobos who dress like this?

I would buy the entire Fresh Hobo Chic collection.
Scholar
#1903 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BagelTheDog
Found this image on the official forums:

If you don't see it at first, read the name.

(dirty chuckle) WW getting a shout out...

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#1904 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Pieced Together and Fresh Boho Chic won as names.

This is definitely peak Upper Middle Class White Aussie Girl At A Music Festival Who Dies Of An Overdose aesthetic.
Forum Resident
#1905 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 12:51 PM
Concept art for Arcade Stuff and Wedding Stuff (alternatives to Eco Living)

Arcade Stuff

Wedding Stuff

Personally I don't think we've missed much. I find the wedding one really boring and the arcade one is so tacky. I mean it does look like the typical arcade stuff from the 80s, but it's something I would never use for my Sims.
I would've liked to see concept art for Dangerous Stuff and Starter Home Stuff because these were two options I was actually interested in.
Instructor
#1906 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 10:29 PM
EA announces both Laundry Day Stuff and another adventure themed SP in their new quarterly teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqO8nQtH8nA
Field Researcher
#1907 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimoliin
EA announces both Laundry Day Stuff and another adventure themed SP in their new quarterly teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqO8nQtH8nA

Suspected something tropical was coming up, not too sure if I am excited for it to be a 'World Adventure' style pack, but a brand new world aesthetic will be appreciated.
Field Researcher
#1908 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 9:19 AM
The adventure themed is a game pack not a stuff pack.
Instructor
#1909 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 4:04 PM
I like the look of the Arcade Stuff concept art on the previous page. It would have suited being included with the Bowling Night Stuff pack. I think a lot of players would have enjoyed it too, with the popularity of Stranger Things, the 80s inspired clothing and items would be well received. I wonder if any of it will be re-purposed for future packs.
Lab Assistant
#1910 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 11:51 AM
I am bizarrely excited about Laundry Stuff. That's a part of Sims 3 that I've sort of missed - the dirty clothes that don't simply disappear in the changing clothes whirl.

I certainly don't have the neatness trait myself (though I do keep up on the laundry, if only because I get negative moodlets from being stinky), but I make my Sims do all their own household chores. (For one thing, the maids always miss the one thing that really needs cleaning, and then they have a snack and leave the dirty dish out when they leave.)

Has Maxis given a drop date for Laundry Stuff?
Forum Resident
#1911 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:35 AM
winter 2018 is expected date for laundry pack release.
Lab Assistant
#1912 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
winter 2018 is expected date for laundry pack release.

I think of 'winter' as being November, December, so I was very sad about this. It didn't occur to me that it's actually winter now. (I'm ready for spring, I guess.)
Scholar
#1913 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:49 PM
Why do people miss dirty laundry? The only thing I liked about it was that I could give it away as gift to other sims and they were polite enough to act as if pleased with it
Apart from that, I thought it generated way too often dirty laundry. I am not suggesting that we should all wear the same clothes for a week, but having new laundry a couple of times in one day per sim? That just doesn't fit the time consuming gameplay imo. Just walking to the pile and back to the basket takes half an hour. I wonder if they improved on this bit, because that was the main reason why I never used it.
Scholar
#1914 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Why do people miss dirty laundry? The only thing I liked about it was that I could give it away as gift to other sims and they were polite enough to act as if pleased with it
Apart from that, I thought it generated way too often dirty laundry. I am not suggesting that we should all wear the same clothes for a week, but having new laundry a couple of times in one day per sim? That just doesn't fit the time consuming gameplay imo. Just walking to the pile and back to the basket takes half an hour. I wonder if they improved on this bit, because that was the main reason why I never used it.

Graham already said it won't be like Sims 3, because that was one of the major complaints about laundry, so we'll have to wait and see. I'm personally looking forward to laundry, because it feels weird not having it, and I'm tired of having decorative laundry rooms.
Instructor
#1915 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:43 PM
It's just one of those every day chores that while completely mundane, and not exactly adding anything exciting to the game, does feel missing in a game that's supposed to simulate life. Much like taking a shower, going to the toilet or brushing your teeth.
Scholar
#1916 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andru
It's just one of those every day chores that while completely mundane, and not exactly adding anything exciting to the game, does feel missing in a game that's supposed to simulate life. Much like taking a shower, going to the toilet or brushing your teeth.

Exactly! Sims can change clothes, but where do the dirty ones go? It's not immersive!
Scholar
#1917 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Exactly! Sims can change clothes, but where do the dirty ones go? It's not immersive!

I just assumed they get lost into the whirlwind that they use to pull the new clothes out
Scholar
#1918 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
I just assumed they get lost into the whirlwind that they use to pull the new clothes out

I've always thought of it as some black void in the universe that they get sucked into. I imagine a lot of people in real life wouldn't mind if that happened to to their dirty laundry.
Field Researcher
#1919 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:14 PM
I’m weirdly excited for Laundry Day. The trailer cracked me up with the music too
Instructor
#1920 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:15 PM
Official Laundry Day trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8yTBEBpZts
Field Researcher
#1921 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimoliin
Official Laundry Day trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8yTBEBpZts

I am pretty impressed they managed to make a pack about laundry seem cohesive and interesting, that must have been a bit of a struggle on behalf of the team.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1922 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 10:59 PM
The Stuff Pack team is okay most of the time bar a few obvious exceptions (Luxury Party... Cool Kitchen... )

It’s the Expansion Pack team that needs prayer.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#1923 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 11:49 PM
Honestly I hate the Laundry pack out of principle. I'm forever salty they included LAUNDRY in the vote for the pack that was supposed to be about Eco Living. I will never understand what laundry has to do with that.
All that's left of Eco Living in the pack is the *~Aesthetic~* with useless clutter items and wallpapers. And even more hipster-clothes.
Scholar
#1924 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 12:07 AM
While laundry doesn't exactly thrill me to my core, I like that there are more 'rustic' ways to do laundry. Not just with modern machines but also the old fashioned way!
Field Researcher
#1925 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keysmash
I'm forever salty they included LAUNDRY in the vote for the pack that was supposed to be about Eco Living...|

You're not wrong...
Page 77 of 141