Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#1926 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 2:08 AM
It's just a cheap pack for some cool items, and actually looking forward to it, because lack of backyard activites, hanging out clothes is a good excuse to get those lazy sims out in the sun.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1927 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 6:53 AM
Did not care for the trailer. Might get the pack though. I liked laundry in Sims 3.

The entire voting thing was a way to get laundry into the game. They knew what they were doing when they put laundry under the eco-living theme, and then fashioned laundry room concepts before laundry was even chosen as the gameplay feature.
Forum Resident
#1928 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 7:43 AM
I thought the trailer was funny. Imagine the marketing people getting a brief to try and make this one exciting.
Top Secret Researcher
#1929 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 8:42 AM
My only complaint about the trailer is who the eff washes their clothes in the tub WITH unrolled long sleeves? HOMG
Forum Resident
#1930 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 11:27 AM
Lord, everythings so blurry lol.

I hope "Force to Wash clothes" becomes a parenting option. So I can force my sim children to suffer as I did.

FOR THE HORDE
Lab Assistant
#1931 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 11:43 AM
I'm excited about some of the stuff, too - more rustic stuff will fit well into the houses and stories I like to play.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1932 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz

As if it wasn’t a launch, the game’s visual quality is really starting show now. That blur isn’t helping.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1933 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimoliin
Official Laundry Day trailer:

What's he doing to that courgette?

Forum Resident
#1934 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 2:39 PM
Personally I hate this trailer. I know they were trying to make it funny with the music, but it just seems completely out of place to me. Well, to be fair I really don't like the whole Laundry SP idea (I'm still salty they put it up for voting because it was already so highly demanded and of course it would win) and the trailer looked as boring as I expected. I mean I can now put clothes in driers and washing machines... Yay, I guess

Glad some people got what they wanted, but I would have liked to see something new or just better.
Field Researcher
#1935 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 5:40 PM
At least the washer and dryer are stackable, and the clothesline animations are more thought out than the ones in TS3. The clutter looks pretty good, too.

The wash bucket is nice, too. Although it does look like some sort of mandoline for slicing cucumbers.
Forum Resident
#1936 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
As if it wasn’t a launch, the game’s visual quality is really starting show now. That blur isn’t helping.

They usually hide it better than that.
Even the ballpit from Toddler Stuff didn't get a direct close up. It was easier for that pack, at least, since the ballpit was only 1 of a few attractions.

But every laundry item looks..bad, lol.

Now that they've used such epic music for Laundry of all things, the music bar is too high now. I don't think another Tegan and Sara song will cut it for the next trailer.

FOR THE HORDE
Forum Resident
#1937 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:35 AM
maybe they run the game on low settings for graphics
Scholar
#1938 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 9:49 AM
The animations seems to be pretty detailed, which I appreciate. And all ages seems to be able to interact with the new objects. It seems to be a well done pack, I'm just hoping they haven't broken too many things.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#1939 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Yeah, they really did a bad job with that actually. Especially the zooming in on the buttons and the close up of the clothes doesn't help at all. Maybe because there really only is a small amount of what they can show. But I can't remember noticing it so much in previous SP trailers.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1940 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 9:26 PM
I love that laundry has more gameplay associated with it than bowling.

Edit: Oh my gosh, laundry will cause a fire if you don't clean the lint trap.

Instructor
#1941 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Yeah, they really did a bad job with that actually. Especially the zooming in on the buttons and the close up of the clothes doesn't help at all. Maybe because there really only is a small amount of what they can show. But I can't remember noticing it so much in previous SP trailers.

The problem is that they are kinda stuck with decisions made regarding meshes and textures so they arent allow to use larger texture map sizes and thus everything gets stuck on the same 1048x1048 texture map making then "low resolution", they usually got away by not zooming in and the game camera usually doesnt zoom in as close but because they had to show those objects it ... kinda ... end up looking like PS2 era items because of self imposed restrictions that were made when this was Olympus.

I am not interested in the objects but the interactions, if someone make decent looking washing machines and clotheslines then maybe but quite frankly I am seeing more and more a decline of quality of CC so I am not holding my breath for it, especially when its a more complex item like this one.
Scholar
#1942 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 11:09 PM
I'm actually pretty impressed with the laundry system over Sims 3. It's nice to see confirmation that the hamper can be anywhere on the lot, so people complaining about clothes all over the place will hopefully stop now, since that's not going to happen. I'm okay with slobs dropping clothes. I wish that they had put that kind of thought into the Base Game, like for example slob Sims shouldn't make their beds. That little detail always annoys me.

And I have to say this is the first stream I've ever made it all the way through for Sims 4. I normally shut them off after a few minutes, because they're usually so cringe-worthy. I love Graham, but this is definitely the best stream he's done for Sims 4. You can tell he's really enjoying himself. I wish they could clone Graham and use him on the Expansion team though and not just Stuff Packs! He was so great on the Expansion team for Sims 3 and GTW would have probably been a lot worse if he had already been pulled off of the Expansion team for Sims 4.

I really love the CAS and Build objects. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of recolors come out. It would be nice if Maxis stuck to a more consistent palette for objects though. It's hard to match a lot of the newer items to things from the Base Game. I'm glad they've toned down the colors being used though, because even though some of the colors in this Stuff Pack are bright, they're not obnoxious like what we got with Movie Hangout.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I see and I'm glad we're actually getting objects suitable for a laundry/mud room setup beyond the washer and dryer, so I don't have to go looking for custom content to round out my rooms unlike with Sims 3.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1943 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 1:48 AM
Not only that, but the make some very smart choices with the design of this pack, especially with ripping clutter off of prefabs and making them separate objects.

Highly functional, versatile, dynamic, modular. Their best since Kid's Room Stuff, imo. After the 2017 slump, having a small but focused piece of content is a breath of fresh air.

Scholar
#1944 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Not only that, but the make some very smart choices with the design of this pack, especially with ripping clutter off of prefabs and making them separate objects.

Highly functional, versatile, dynamic, modular. Their best since Kid's Room Stuff, imo. After the 2017 slump, having a small but focused piece of content is a breath of fresh air.

Totally agree. Now if they could just continue the trend they've started that would be a very good thing for Sims 4. Kid's Room Stuff is definitely one of my favorite Stuff Packs for Sims 4. Fitness Stuff not so much. Hopefully we won't see any repeats of anything like that or the ball pit.
Forum Resident
#1945 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:59 AM
the washing of clothes outside needs better graphics so it does not look a pickle.
Scholar
#1946 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:27 AM
I've had no satisfaction in the Bowling or the Rock Climbing, It just a completely empty pointless skill to build up, unless there was a job promotion requirement that required those skills then it will be time worth spent.

There might be a Laundry skill to build up, I suppose the only reward will be is that we can "brag" about it in the friendly Category, with recycled animations just like a Curry champion.
Scholar
#1947 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 9:23 AM
I loved the live stream - Graham was super detailed, and he seems genuinely excited about all of it - he was definitely the right person to do this pack. He kinda went into detail why they made certain choices, and they seem to really be able to talk about this pack in a more open way, which is kinda awesome. From what Graham said, it seems they really added things like the lint trap because of player feedback during the development process, which is fantastic. I feel really happy about this pack, I gotta say.

Simblr
Scholar
#1948 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
I loved the live stream - Graham was super detailed, and he seems genuinely excited about all of it - he was definitely the right person to do this pack. He kinda went into detail why they made certain choices, and they seem to really be able to talk about this pack in a more open way, which is kinda awesome. From what Graham said, it seems they really added things like the lint trap because of player feedback during the development process, which is fantastic. I feel really happy about this pack, I gotta say.

I agree. The lint trap thing had me cracking up. It was nice to see Drake in a different light. She's usually so uptight over on the official forums. I wish they were this open about all the packs, because I think it would help clear up a lot of misconceptions and confusion about why certain choices are made.
Scholar
#1949 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I agree. The lint trap thing had me cracking up. It was nice to see Drake in a different light. She's usually so uptight over on the official forums. I wish they were this open about all the packs, because I think it would help clear up a lot of misconceptions and confusion about why certain choices are made.

Yes, I definitely think it would be awesome if they could be this open about all development. Both Drake and Graham were more at ease and more natural because of it. But it seems this was a special deal they made legally about this pack specifically, and it seems it required some doing. I just wish tptb would realize that they win more than they risk by being this transparent. Players feel more involved and subsequently more invested in the game, and also the dev team get alot more helpful feedback that points right to the money.

Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1950 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 12:12 PM
It is obvious the stuff pack budget was inflated a bit as well. The stuff pack has more then the previous three stuff packs combined.

I don’t doubt this pack will sell. Imagine if the rest of the stuff packs got this much attention. Imagine if Expansion Packs got this much attention.

Page 78 of 141