Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#1951 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 5:14 PM
Remember when I was talking about burning driers and got disagrees? HA! Here we are with the new death in TS4

But honestly, these infos sound nice. I didn't watch it and just went through some forum posts. Some things should be a given (like cats jumping on washing machines), but it's a nice feature that cats can play with the water droplets and that you can gain responsibility by doing laundry
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#1952 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:15 PM
I'm just wondering what Beethoven's 9'th symphony is doing there. I almost fell off my chair out of chock. It was so loud. I make houses, I probably have to get that pack
Mad Poster
#1953 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 8:47 PM
It's really a shame it's a whopping 10$. Don't get me wrong, It's one of the BEST stuff packs ever done, If not in terms of gameplay at least (watched that stream a bit, and I was darn impressed). Though, it alone it's still not worth the asking price. Perhaps a half one?
Scholar
#1954 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
It's really a shame it's a whopping 10$. Don't get me wrong, It's one of the BEST stuff packs ever done, If not in terms of gameplay at least (watched that stream a bit, and I was darn impressed). Though, it alone it's still not worth the asking price. Perhaps a half one?

Remember when Stuff Packs were $19.99 for Sims 3?

I don't think $9.99 for Laundry Stuff is bad at all for what we're getting. I wouldn't say that for every Stuff Pack (like Luxury Party Stuff was the pits and the earbuds from Fitness Stuff were a letdown, plus I can't forget the ball pit disaster from Toddler Stuff), but $9.99 is a big improvement over Sims 3. I used to always wait until Amazon ran Stuff Packs on sale before I bought them for Sims 3, because I had a hard time justifying the price. I generally don't feel that way about Sims 4.

Plus I'd rather have laundry on its own like this, because it's a much more well thought out system than what came with Ambitions for Sims 3.
Scholar
#1955 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I've had no satisfaction in the Bowling or the Rock Climbing, It just a completely empty pointless skill to build up, unless there was a job promotion requirement that required those skills then it will be time worth spent.

There might be a Laundry skill to build up, I suppose the only reward will be is that we can "brag" about it in the friendly Category, with recycled animations just like a Curry champion.

Do they also slowly build up fitness(or was it athletics?) skill? If so, it would be a nice alternative addition to build that skill. But otherwise yes, it is a wasted oppurtunity to not tie that into a career. Like sports requiring fitness/bowling/rock climbing or something. This way they could add more of those new athletic based skills in a way that let you use them for your career.
dodgy builder
#1956 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 11:55 AM
He can actually take on dirty and soaked clothes and not even a slob is happy about that. I like that attention to detail. Lovely.

Mad Poster
#1957 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Remember when Stuff Packs were $19.99 for Sims 3?

I don't think $9.99 for Laundry Stuff is bad at all for what we're getting. I wouldn't say that for every Stuff Pack (like Luxury Party Stuff was the pits and the earbuds from Fitness Stuff were a letdown, plus I can't forget the ball pit disaster from Toddler Stuff), but $9.99 is a big improvement over Sims 3. I used to always wait until Amazon ran Stuff Packs on sale before I bought them for Sims 3, because I had a hard time justifying the price. I generally don't feel that way about Sims 4.

Plus I'd rather have laundry on its own like this, because it's a much more well thought out system than what came with Ambitions for Sims 3.

Honestly, I wasn't thinking straight. The Cost is thought-provoking and actually, I do finally think it's worth the price. Probably was little pissy about the pack's theme. Though I would wish more stuck packs gets this kind of treatment from developers. It's even hard to even put it to the word-- it meets the QUALITY standard. Graham seems really passionate and enthusiastic about the effort he and others put into it.
Lab Assistant
#1958 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 11:08 PM
So does anyone know what time laundry releases in eu?
Scholar
#1959 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vermin
So does anyone know what time laundry releases in eu?

Google says 7pm. You might want to double check that for you specific country. I'm in EST time zone in the US and it's always 1pm for me on release day (except for midnight expansion releases).
Scholar
#1960 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 1:07 AM
Well.. you know what I'm going to be doing tonight? Deleting all my old 'object' washer and dryers (except for the grunge ones that dont work anyway). However some of the object laundry CC that I have downloaded I'll still keep because I think it'll look great with this CC pack.
Top Secret Researcher
#1961 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 9:07 AM
Literally me since 12 hours ago on Origin site attempting to buy the Staff Pack (Malaysia enters the 16th January 17 hours ago).

Just... Keep... Refreshing.
Lab Assistant
#1962 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:19 AM
Google says 7pm. You might want to double check that for you specific country. I'm in EST time zone in the US and it's always 1pm for me on release day (except for midnight expansion releases).
Thanks! I googled all I could last night but couldnt find any info on time. Now everyone says 7pm, and thats what time theyve released stuff in the past, so I guess Ill roll my thumbs for eight more hours :p
Scholar
#1963 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 5:06 PM
http://simscommunity.info/2018/01/1...ndry-day-stuff/

According to previous Stuff Pack release times this pack will come out on January 16th at 7PM CET / 10AM PT / 6PM BT.

Dunno how it works for folks living overseas.
dodgy builder
#1964 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 5:51 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 16th Jan 2018 at 6:32 PM.
That will be in 9 minutes for me then. Yup! It's being downloaded.

Edit: the clothingrack can't be placed in the basement. Not even with moveobject. I'm not going to have it outside on my big palace.
Scholar
#1965 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 9:03 PM
Okay so I bought it for 12.99$ CAD? It downloaded and installed so fast. If you're thinking of getting it:

Remember, you don't have to do laundry if you dont want to.

I do like these two tops for guys, with the shirts underneath. But I only like the plain stuff, not the heavily patterned. Although the shirt with diamonds on it isnt too bad. I really don't mind v necks or low necks on guys. What?! Can't wait to see PLAIN recolors of some of the absolutely hideous patterns. Sorry EA! Its a great pack but some of the patterns hurt my brain.

Jeans of course are CC.

That top is pretty nice but I don't care for midriffs THAT much so I prefer short tops with a high waisted pant. These pants of course are CC. The shoes are the new LD wedges.

FIrst ever real laundry room. Everything with a star on it is CC from previous laundry CC. I've deleted the now-decorations only washer/dryer sets but kept everything else.
Top Secret Researcher
#1966 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 5:41 AM
I've noticed a bug. If you have a washing tub on a foundation, and your clothes drier pole thingy is on the ground, sims wont move the clotes to the pole thingy after you wash it.
Scholar
#1967 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 7:00 AM
My dryer would not work stacked. It just kept coming out damp. Placed them side by side and actually replaced them all together (the dryer broke after 3 attempts, really?) and then it worked.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1968 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 11:39 AM
This is the weirdest game engine...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
dodgy builder
#1969 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I've noticed a bug. If you have a washing tub on a foundation, and your clothes drier pole thingy is on the ground, sims wont move the clotes to the pole thingy after you wash it.

Ok? I'm pretty sure my Wentworth Palace sits on a foundation. I don't have it here now, but they carried the clothes up a staircase from the basement, to the backyard. I was wondering how long it has to hang there though.

Edit: silly me, the tub was in the basement, not on the foundation. I'll have to test when I get home.
Scholar
#1970 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 1:04 PM
Anyway as expected, I quite like this pack, bigger than I thought since it's only an SP, quickiest way to get straight into it, is throw in a styled premade laundry room which can be a small as 4x4 tiles, then throw in clothes line elsewhere then watch your floors around your house get littered with clothing.

I haven't noticed any bugs in laundry as yet, but i'm sure I will bump into one.
Field Researcher
#1971 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I haven't noticed any bugs in laundry as yet, but i'm sure I will bump into one.

me neither.

I can easily tell this is the best stuff pack in the Sims 4. I love the new activities (but avoid it IRL), I love all the new contents in this pack.
But I hope sims will do laundry autonomously, rather than 'avoid it at all cost'.
Scholar
#1972 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 5:09 AM
Not too sure, but I think Laundry is a part of "cleaning up", it does mix well with Parenthood as I sent my teen off to collect all laundry and he was gaining Responisbly points by doing so.
Scholar
#1973 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:03 AM Last edited by aparkison : 18th Jan 2018 at 12:39 PM.
I haven't found any bugs yet and I find the sound of the washer and dryer just as soothing as I do in real life! I also discovered that searching through pockets can be pretty profitable if you have multiple hampers in the house. I forget the exact amount, but Jesminder made nearly $100 off the four hampers in their house!

The one thing I find that could use some fine tuning is the way the buffs are applied after doing laundry when Sims change clothes. It's a little random. One Sim gets a fine buff from having dry clothes, one Sim gets a buff from pristine clothes, and so on. Of the five Sims in the Bheeda family, only two of them got the buff from the floral additive. I think it should be consistent across all the Sims in the household, myself, but maybe that's just me being too nitpicky.

ETA: I guess you could say the shelf above the washer preventing Sims to laundry is a bug, forgot about that. I grabbed a mod from LittleMsSam to fix that one before I ever played though.
Mad Poster
#1974 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 8:27 PM
I'm curious to see/hear LGR's reaction.
Field Researcher
#1975 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 8:37 PM
I haven't found any bugs yet and I find the sound of the washer and dryer just as soothing as I do in real life! I also discovered that searching through pockets can be pretty profitable if you have multiple hampers in the house. I forget the exact amount, but Jesminder made nearly $100 off the four hampers in their house!

The one thing I find that could use some fine tuning is the way the buffs are applied after doing laundry when Sims change clothes. It's a little random. One Sim gets a fine buff from having dry clothes, one Sim gets a buff from pristine clothes, and so on. Of the five Sims in the Bheeda family, only two of them got the buff from the floral additive. I think it should be consistent across all the Sims in the household, myself, but maybe that's just me being too nitpicky.

ETA: I guess you could say the shelf above the washer preventing Sims to laundry is a bug, forgot about that. I grabbed a mod from LittleMsSam to fix that one before I ever played though.

The randomness of the buffs is intentional as shown on the live stream. It takes from the three laundry states: cleanliness, dryness, and scent. The laundry ended up being more complex than I imagined it would since you can have varying levels of each area.
Page 79 of 141