Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 3:59 PM
Default tweaking the morphs
I'm trying to figure out a way to get at the body morphs (fat, fit, thin), or, more correctly I'm trying to figure out a way to put them back in a package in a way that works.

The meshes themselves are incomplete, because they are only morph targets. However if you load on of them onto the basic mesh, you can get the mesh to express correctly.

To be more clear with an example, in Milkshape you can apply

amTopNudeamTopNude_LOD1_fat : 015a1849 00658921 00000000c3c3b2bf
to the basic mesh
amTopNude_lod1 : 015a1849 00658921 00000000c3c3b2bf

and get the correctly morphed result mesh:a fat man's upper body. You can then remodel it to your heart's content.

The problem is your are left with a complete mesh, and I can't think of a way to convert the result back into a morph. I've tried various things, but they all amount to shoving the resulting mesh into a correctly addressed package and watching it not work. ;p

I'm at a loss how to continue. Any ideas?

-derigo
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 7:48 PM
You must redownload wesHowe Plugin to the newest version. Version 12 I think. wesHowe already fix the morph save problem. I already test it too and it work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 7:43 AM Last edited by derigo : 5th Jul 2009 at 7:58 AM.
I am using v12

workflow looks like this:

-import default upper body mesh with bones file accessable.
-import morph target resulting in both the original mesh and the morphed mesh existing.
-hide the original mesh/bones
-edit the morphed mesh (with something big and obvious for testing)
-export the morphed mesh to a *.simgeom file
-recompile it back into a package with the proper data values
-put it into the game and test...doesn't work

To be clear, the 'morph' file i'm working with is a boneless, textureless, geom file, which can't be imported without the default mesh/bones in place. Should I be looking to work with some of the body blend files instead, or something?

what am i missing here?

Edit:

I see your conversation with WesHowe like 10 pages deep in his original thread now, Celebriton. Thanks for your help, I'm going to read it carefully and see if i can figure out what i'm doing wrong.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 8:59 AM
no dice

I'm doing it just like was discussed in the "Testers Wanted" thread, but the changes to the morphs don't show up in the game.

i checked the output morphs i created, and they seem to be structured correctly, type 3 not 7 in the comment. The edits show up in milkshape if i apply the output morph to the base mesh again. It's just not sticking in game for some reason.

any thoughts?
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:09 PM
I'm getting the same problem as you, derigo.

I've gone through the steps, trying make the fit morph more muscled and make the thin morph more pleasing (I hate the ea standard thin male morph!), but I get nothing in the game.

I've been successful at mesh editing many times, but when altering morphs, going through the same steps derigo took, I never see any difference while making a sim.