Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2018 at 6:01 PM
Default I'm confused about how data works in this game...
Hi there!

I've been looking at the Sims 4 modding and I want to do some things. Coding in Python is not the issue, but the XML structures is. I have 4 questions I'd like to know about the XMLs, if you'd be so kind as to answer them.

1. How, exactly, do I get a valid key for my XML? The custom content guide does not explain it properly; could anyone tell me the steps to do so?
2. How do I know what fields do I have to add to an XML (Tdesc files do not align well with the XMLs when compared through NP++... although probably it's that I'm being a bit dense) ? Can I ommit fields? If so, which ones?
3. What exactly are affordances and super affordances? I've figured out Loots, Mixers, Buffs, Interactions, SelfInteractions and SuperInteractions, but Affordances are still not clear to me.
4. Some modules are empty once decomplied, does this mean they are data storage type definition modules?

Thanks for you answers! :D