Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:02 AM
Default Help with outfit changes
Hi folks, I'm looking for some advice on whether it is possible to force an outfit change when Sims get out of bed.

To give some background, I was tinkering with some changes to get my sims to change to nude outfit when they WooHoo in bed (nothing inappropriate, it still shows the mosaic censor and all). The problem is that they are remaining in this outfit when they are done, whether they get out of bed immediately, or fall asleep and get out of bed later. From that point, they will walk around nude with no shame until something else triggers an outfit change. Awkward!

I got this working by uning XML S4_AD6FDF1F_00000000_0000000000003CA0.xml from the posture directory. There is an "outfit_change" "on_entry" with the reason EnterBedWooHoo, which I change to EnterBathing.

I tried adding an "on_exit" for another outfit change, which is done for the showering and bathing postures, but it doesn't seem to work. I have tried modifying the same setting in the showering and bathing postures, and it does work, so I can only assume that some postures simply don't support this. I also tried applying this on some other bed-related postures (guessing that the sims transition directly from the WooHoo posture to another bed posture, as evidenced by the fact that they can sleep there without having to get up), but I couldn't get the on_exit outfit change to work on any of these either.

To be honest, I don't fully understand how postures work. I am just messing around and seeing what I can do. Any insight would be appreciated!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:07 PM
Hi, I've been trying to find a way for the sims to stay naked after they woohoo in the bed. Normally after they woohoo, they would come out of the bed sheets with sleepwear or bra and panties. But I like them to stay naked afterwards. How did you get to do that exactly?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:21 PM
By default, they come out in their sleepwear because they went in in their sleepwear. They don't actually get naked at any point during the entire process ( a bit silly, which is why I'm trying to mod it).

I can upload my WIP file tonight when I'm at home. I still can't figure out how to get sims to change clothes when they get OUT of bed, only when they get in. But, it sounds like that is what you are looking for anyway.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 2:43 PM
I figured out that woohoo always transitions to sleep, and then from sleep to standing if the sim isn't tired. So, applying an outfit change at the end of sleep should catch it no matter how long the sim slept (if at all) after they finished WooHoo.

But, for some reason, it only works some of the time. My visitor would consistently get dressed after getting out of bed, but my active sim rarely did, whether I ordered her out of bed or allowed her to get up autonomously.

My theory at this point is that the sleep posture is actually transitioning somewhere else before it transitions to standing, and that the outfit change gets lost in there. The next thing I'll try is to modify the standing posture to force a clothing change when they enter the posture IF their current outfit is BATHING. I just have to figure out whether the sims current outfit is testable like this. If I get that working, it should solve all of my problems, but hopefully it doesn't break streaking (I wouldn't think so, since the sim is standing before, during, and after streaking, so he shouldn't trigger a posture related clothing change, only the interaction one)

I also tried tying the outfit changes to the interaction rather than the posture, but it didn't work so well. The sims would get into sleepwear, slide under the covers, THEN spin into their naked outfit, do the WooHoo, spin back into sleepwear, and then get out of bed. Totally pointless.

Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 1:29 AM
Okay, thank you. So is the WIP file up and running? If so, where can i download it? And just to clarify, this WIP file that you have will make the sims naked after they woohoo and come out of the bed sheets?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:27 AM
Whoops, I forgot to upload it.
I've attached it here. I do have a version that has the sims get dressed again about half of the time, but in the version I've attached here, they should always remain nude after they are done.

Extract the package into your Mods folder. Make sure you have created an empty folder called "unpackedmod" and updated Resource.config with the following line:
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  WooHooStayNude.7z (700 Bytes, 49 downloads) - View custom content

Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:53 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 25th Sep 2014 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4537885, 4537887
do i have to make an empty folder titled, "unpackedmod" and update Resource.config in order for it to work?

What i just did was I extracted your WIP file into the Mods folder and then into the Package folder. Instead, do i put your WIP file into the newly created empty folder, "unpackedmod"? and how do i update the Resource,config? Is the Resource config in the Mods folder below Package folder?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 9:03 AM
If this were your first mod, there would be three things in your Mods folder when you are done:

1.) WooHooStayNude.package (this goes directly in the Mods folder, not any of the subdirectories)
2.) empty folder named unpacked mod
3.) Resource.cfg with the following line at the end "DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate"

If you've installed XML tunable mods before (such as pregnancy for all, or my Work in Everyday clothes which was just approved) then 2 and 3 should already be there and you can just drop the package in the mods folder going forward.

Deceased
#9 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDinadan
The next thing I'll try is to modify the standing posture to force a clothing change when they enter the posture IF their current outfit is BATHING. I just have to figure out whether the sims current outfit is testable like this.

Curious if you figured out how to test the current outfit? I found a core script that does so, but for some reason anytime I tried doing a similar test it would fail.

The situation was that I would generate all new outfits for a sim and needed to switch them to their first everyday outfit to update their appearance -- which worked fine as long as they weren't already in that outfit, in which case the clothes didn't change. I worked around the issue by forcing a change to formal and then back to everyday. Since I'm just changing it on the fly rather than using the spin animation (not sure how to do that anyway, and doesn't really suit this mod) you never see the dual outfit change anyway, so it works. Still, it would be nice to do it all proper-like.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:46 AM
No good. It appears that OutfitChangeBase (and its children) don't actually support the use of tests. I would have to modify the scripts to get an outfit change to actually perform a test. If I'm going to modify scripts, then I might as well just figure out why the outfit change on posture exit isn't working in the first place.

Going back to my earlier approach...
I've noticed with the on exit outfit change, one sim always change and one does not. Every test I performed after noticing the trend was consistent with this. Although the Sim who changed would vary, it was always exactly one of them. I suspect there is a bug in that Sims transitioning from a MultiSimPosture (such as Woohoo) into a regular old Posture will actually all end up sharing the same resulting Posture instance, rather than each having their own. Since they are sharing the new instance, the first Sim to leave the posture will change his outfit, which involves calling ensure_exit_clothing_change_application on the posture. This method actually clears the saved outfit change from the posture instance, which means that any Sims which leave the posture afterwards will not have a clothing change.

Fixing this would definitely require script modding, which I'm not extremely comfortable with (writing Python is much harder for me than reading it). I may at least be able to verify if my hypothesis above is correct.

Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:58 AM
Before I installed your WIP file, in my Mods folder, I have 2 file folders and 1 CFG File: 1)Overrides 2)Packages 3)Resource.cfg

I have all my package files in the file folder, Package. Your WooHooStayNude file is a package file. So i assumed I put that in the Package file folder with the other package files I have such as NoMosaic, GetNaked, FemaleNippleDepth, etc.

I dont think i ever installed XML tunable mods because i don't have 2 and 3 on there but the File folders i listed above

do i need to install the XML tunable mods in order for your mod to work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Papoose48
do i need to install the XML tunable mods in order for your mod to work?

I am not really sure what you are asking me. This mod is an XML tunable mod.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#13 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:00 PM
Papoose48, please proceed to Game Help for info on how to get custom content to work. That is completely off topic here. Also, please do not double and triple post.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.