Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2015 at 5:08 AM
Default Game Not Saving Progress
last night I played Sim 4 for the first time in about a month. Everything went smoothly. I logged onto Origin allowed the game to update, opened my save of choice -the Simbet HH, played for a few hours saved a few times. Decided I wanted a new house for my growing family, saved, loaded the gallery downloaded my first house from the gallery, quit to manage world examined the downloaded house, decided I didn't want it, quit and went to bed.

when I came to load the game just now all of my most recent saves redirected to a household in a different neighborhood, that I made, placed and never played. the Senator HH. The Senators have not been looked at, opened or thought about in months. They are in an entirely different neighborhood.

My progress in the Simbet HH does not exist. I have completed the steps listed in the faq, they did not help.

I only have Sims 4, my patches are current, op system is windows 7 and here is my dxdiag:

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th May 2015 at 12:24 PM
You need to post your entire DxDIAG. Anyhow, have your saves actually disappeared from your saves folder? Or are they there but you can't load them? English isn't my first language and I don't know what you mean by all my recent saves redirected to etc. Do you mean when you load say, save x, the game loads save y instead?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2015 at 5:44 AM
so I did some research on other forums and losing saves seems to be problem that crops up from time-to-time, something glitchy with the saving function. the work around is to use the save-as feature rather than the save or save and exit.

Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th May 2015 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
so I did some research on other forums and losing saves seems to be problem that crops up from time-to-time, something glitchy with the saving function. the work around is to use the save-as feature rather than the save or save and exit.

So nothing was redirected anywhere, you saved and it didn't save. I always use save as when I close the game. I only use save if I want to save progress while I am still playing, and I have never had a problem.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2015 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
So nothing was redirected anywhere, you saved and it didn't save. I always use save as when I close the game. I only use save if I want to save progress while I am still playing, and I have never had a problem.

No it replaced the saves I made with different households altogether. I still don't understand why that happened. As near as I can tell the save function is corrupted, in some kind of way akin to the way the save & quit function is corrupted in Sims 2. I may not have answer yet, but this seems to work so far.

Forum Resident
#6 Old 7th May 2015 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
No it replaced the saves I made with different households altogether. I still don't understand why that happened. As near as I can tell the save function is corrupted, in some kind of way akin to the way the save & quit function is corrupted in Sims 2. I may not have answer yet, but this seems to work so far.

Weird. However, I am pleased it's working again.