Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2017 at 1:58 AM
Default Weird glitch/graphics problem
I've been playing TS4 on my laptop with maximus graphics settings for years, and everything always ran smoothly. But since yesterday my game is having a weird glitch or something, the screen gets covered in tiny little squares, like a grid.
It happens in CAS and whenever i'm playing the game, whether i'm in live or build mode. It doesn't seem to be triggered by anything specific and sometimes it goes away on it's own. I tried taking out my mods but it still happens.

Does anyone has any idea what it could be?
Here are my laptop specs:
Dell Inspiron 5548
Windows 10 64-bit
Intel Core i7-5500U 2.40GHz
ADM Radeon R7 M265
8Gb RAM

Thank you so much for your help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 2:14 AM
any ideas, guys?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 4:23 AM
Try to run the game using Intel or Radeon
note that you will encounter lags when using intel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 6:25 AM
okay, i tried to run the game with intel graphics and the glitch disappeared.
does that mean my graphics card is broken? i've tested multiple games to see if that's the case, but they all ran smoothly, the only one with glitches is the sims. what should i do?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amphetamine
okay, i tried to run the game with intel graphics and the glitch disappeared.
does that mean my graphics card is broken? i've tested multiple games to see if that's the case, but they all ran smoothly, the only one with glitches is the sims. what should i do?

Idk about your graphic cards, I only use Nvidia. Sorry about it...