Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
5 people viewing
Replies: 4120 (Who?), Viewed: 210811 times.
Page 165 of 165
Mad Poster
#4101 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 5:27 PM
In Farnham, Lady Martha Fitzwilliam gave birth to her 5th and last child-Nicholas. 2 of his siblings do not like him from the start. His father wants 10 children in all, and Lady Martha has had enough for anyone. She intends to go back to work as soon as possible.

Lord Hugh, and (at least) 2 of his tenants have a very nasty trait-they're kleptomaniacs. This explains why Lord Hugh has a huge horde of gold and silver coins stashed in his locked gate house. He's been stealing them blind. One hopes the tenants never find out.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Scholar
#4102 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 5:38 AM Last edited by DrChillgood : 19th Mar 2019 at 12:59 PM.
Still setting up my hood...

First picture: The Sim I made to help move in townies (who is no longer necessary, silly game spewed out townies and dormies for me to hand-replace using Alt Sim Surgery) getting pickpocketed. Said guy was supposed to be the summoner from Fire Emblem Heroes, hence the hoodie. An accurate description of what Intelligent Systems is doing to Fire Emblem Heroes players.

Second picture: Taken after the summoner moved a grave of a character that was supposed to have died before the story, to what will become the cemetery (I need to decorate it), and right after the old guy joy-buzzed the younger guy as I noticed while driving back. Those two guys will be among the playables...
Screenshots

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Forum Resident
#4103 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 5:23 AM
Sir Armand DeBateau managed to set the kitchen on fire while making grilled cheese. A firefighter hurried to the scene, but she had barely got the fire extinguished when Sir Armand very rudely ordered her to get out so he could take a sponge bath.

He subsequently had a call from the Fire Department informing him that they have a Zero Tolerance policy on that kind of thing, and that his smoke alarm has now been disabled. He'd better not set the kitchen on fire again, because they won't be coming out!
Mad Poster
#4104 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 10:00 AM
In Tinsel Town, the kids are (barely) getting on in college. Most of them do not want to study or learn anything. They (and I) will be glad when they graduate. There are about 4 more kids to send off to college and one hopes they will at least have some ambition to do well, but given the track records of their friends and relatives, it's not very likely.

For the first set of pixels to go to college, they're a vast disappointment.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#4105 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 5:19 PM
The Starr "family" had enough money to pay their taxes. BUT, First Maccabees had never even lived on his own until now, much less been in charge of a household. And even though he's an elder, and his wife is, at best, indifferent to him, he was so happy to finally be able to make decisions, that, he..well, spent the money.

So, here they are in the prison colony, a totally mismatched couple, and poor room mate, Alaska Janakova, along for the ride. They weren't able to buy a lot with a structure already on it. So, they are stuck with a couple of tents and a battery-operated fridge. When that food goes, they will starve if they haven't started planting.

So, instead what they've been doing is pretty much nothing. They ramble around the land, kicking the clods of dirt, muttering about finding water. First Maccabees has no idea what to do because, as I said, he's never lived on his own before. He and Alexa aren't talking to each other, so he does spend a lot of time with Alaska, who really should have had orthodontia as a child because her teeth all hang out of her mouth. Alexa pretty much sulks, but I did see her chatting up Jace yesterday as he walked by gawking at their lack of progress.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Instructor
#4106 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 5:00 AM
Building! I finally buckled down and started building the kind of apartments I've been wanting for my Main Street. Although initially inspired by brownstones, I pretty quickly veered off into various styles rather than making them mostly the same with just some cosmetic differences. I would have loved for the first two floors to belong to one unit while the third floors (where they exist) belonged to another but alas... the game throws a hissy when you combine different level entrances. So there are four garden level units with access to backyards while the four upper units will have varying degrees of balcony to use. I may scoot the lot over and put in another to build some that fit more an actual brownstone style. But, for now, I'm liking how these are turning out!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#4107 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 5:38 AM
Had an epiphany to use my townie folder as a default replacement townie pool so I won't have to bother renaming my townies every time I create a new uberhood. Should've realized this sooner but alas :P. I can probably do this with my uni hoods as well, haven't figured it out yet though.

Also finishing up the last of my house makeovers in a separate hood, now I can finally decorate my uberhood the way I want it to look, complete with road overlays I forgot to add in the first time.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

SFS uploads

Scholar
#4108 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 5:44 AM Last edited by DrChillgood : 22nd Mar 2019 at 1:46 PM.
Just finished killing off the Pleasantview townie teens/kids. You haven't played The Sims proper until you've killed off an entire household of randoms. I moved in one of my custom townies to watch the house so I could move the Summoner to a lot that will be haunted. Tried to make them drown - no dice, the lot was too small for a pool that didn't cause routefails. Tried using fireplaces - still nope. I stepped it up to the fire jets and boom. Kids can get rescued and put into the adoption pool if they would have starved, so only Hunger was cheated up. Otherwise, I kept buying rugs to burn. I then used the Tombstone of L&D to generate new townie kids. I like them a lot better. They don't have the baggage of being from Pleasantview, so I can more easily see them as average citizens of my Fire Emblem world.

However, my playable teens at the moment have romances planned out except for Lex and Dew - who also aren't going to college. I will use college to ensure Finn and Lachesis, and Azelle and Tailtiu, fall in love - Thracia 776 makes the former a canon couple. But looking at LTWs, Lachesis rolled a career LTW and Finn didn't. Looks like he'll be a stay-at-home dad.

3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#4109 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 2:06 PM
You feel comfortable using the Tombstone of L&D, but never thought to activate Rodney's Death Inducer? It saves a lot of time and torture.

At Depression Riverblossom LGU, JoAnn Gutenberg is dating Hi Thyme and Dot Matrix is dating Andy Bellum - and Hi Thyme. Daisy mis-timed a party so that she had to go to class shortly after it started, and since she'd started it to pass the time while JoAnn and Dot were in class, this left only the newest band member (Lily Pond, keyboards) to get the party rolling, and she was making heavy weather of it, so when JoAnn and Dot got back I figured it was time to liven things up. Andy had come to the party, so Dot asked him on a date, and Hi hadn't, so JoAnn asked him over for a date.

The moment Hi walked onto the lot, before JoAnn could even greet him, Dot ran over to slap him silly. She's furious with JoAnn, too, but they're BFF, she'll get over it. JoAnn doesn't know what the problem is but wasn't going to let it spoil her date. Dot flounced back to Andy and started making much of him.

Now, the problem with Andy and Dot as a couple is that, in this iteration, they have incompatible turn-ons and turn-offs. With Andy's Popularity aspiration reducing his woohoo drive and my "no woohoo without a want" rule, Andy's still a virgin halfway through Junior year. Which, in the Depression, isn't as unusual as all that. Birth control is (theoretically) unreliable and I figure a lot of my young sims will be waiting till they're married. But it's driving Dot up a tree. And tonight is no different - she's still working on luring Andy into her bedroom, and JoAnn and Hi are making out in their underwear right in front of her door. So she redoubles her efforts to get him to roll higher-level romance wants, and the penny finally drops for Hi. Dot is dating his best friend! Who was dating her before Hi ever asked her out!

Getting beaten on by his best friend didn't put Andy any more in the mood, so the party and the dates ended without her getting any. Again. But Daisy got back from class to find her party score nice and high, and that was the point of the exercise, so it's all good. It'd be better if Hi'd managed to do something inappropriate with Dot in front of JoAnn so they could break up, but she never gave him a chance.

I'd tentatively like to match up JoAnn with Lily, and Andy with Jules O'Mackey, but Jules wants to get engaged to Jacob. Helen wants Jacob Martin to be her next unique woohoo (mysteriously, she keeps turning down Hi's attempts to date her; he'd be more than happy to advance her another notch). Sandra Roth, happily engaged to Hugh Knowe, sometimes rolls wants to fall in love with Jacob. Meanwhile, he - having stayed home to help his father with the farm he's about to inherit and bartend for his friend David's roadhouse - isn't thinking about dating at all. I don't know what they all see in him.

Okay, I know what Helen sees.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#4110 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 2:26 PM
The Tombstone always scares me because I'm worried about death tokens going missing. That might be old, long debunked rumour, though.

I'm super pleased, because with lots of thinking and various wonderful mods, I've finally got a working repairman system happening in my hood. Because of my rules for skill building, Mechanical skill is highly difficult for my sims to build. Most are not capable of unclogging their toilet in a few goes, let alone a tv. Hence the need for Eliott Tellerman, my nominated guy, who I simply teleport using the Sim Blender to the household that need repairs done, then make him selectable. $100 for plumbing repairs, $200 for electrics! Payable by Pescado's money order. It's certainly better than being electrocuted!

My only gripe is that of course, Eliott or any of his future employees won't earn skill points on the job as they're technically visitors on the lot. Is there another 'make sim selectable hack' that makes this possible without doing anything messy like adding him to the household?

I've been wanting to try running service businesses in my hood like this for some time and I'm so pleased it's working roughly as intended!
Scholar
#4111 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 2:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
You feel comfortable using the Tombstone of L&D, but never thought to activate Rodney's Death Inducer? It saves a lot of time and torture.

Killing off everyone (preferably Sims you have no positive feelings for) is almost a Sims rite of passage. Once I got things burning, it became much easier and more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybeyond
The Tombstone always scares me because I'm worried about death tokens going missing. That might be old, long debunked rumour, though.

Link to more? I don’t want to have already blown up my world.

Test Subject
#4112 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 3:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChillgood
Link to more? I don’t want to have already blown up my world.

I've had a bit of a google, and I think I might be getting the issue confused with the Tombstone failing to remove death tokens when used to resurrect, which is also a problem, but a different one of course. Hope I didn't put you into a panic!
Top Secret Researcher
#4113 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 10:39 PM
I think I was severely sleep deprived last night and shoulda went to bed much sooner than I did, which just happened to be 5am PDT ... lol. I went way, way, waaaay outta my norm in building this lot. I'm build more of tranquil easy on the eyes lots, but not this one. It's a EAxis revamp of a home, 116 Aridestra Drive in La Fiesta Tech, into a dorm. I think I was inspired to get so... errr colorfully creative because it had a drum set, the guitar, and the microphone on the rooftop.
Screenshots
Scholar
#4114 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 10:57 PM
Quote:

I'm super pleased, because with lots of thinking and various wonderful mods, I've finally got a working repairman system happening in my hood. Because of my rules for skill building, Mechanical skill is highly difficult for my sims to build. Most are not capable of unclogging their toilet in a few goes, let alone a tv. Hence the need for Eliott Tellerman, my nominated guy, who I simply teleport using the Sim Blender to the household that need repairs done, then make him selectable. $100 for plumbing repairs, $200 for electrics! Payable by Pescado's money order. It's certainly better than being electrocuted!

My only gripe is that of course, Eliott or any of his future employees won't earn skill points on the job as they're technically visitors on the lot. Is there another 'make sim selectable hack' that makes this possible without doing anything messy like adding him to the household?

I've been wanting to try running service businesses in my hood like this for some time and I'm so pleased it's working roughly as intended!

This mod is mostly intended to work on Community Lots, but it is supposed to work elsewhere as well {home/community Lots/Shops}. OFB_CommunitySkilling by Squinge, also there is another you may want as well Electro Dance Sphere community skill fix {makes the Electro Dance Machine give body skill on community lots, needs to have a Community Lot skilling Mod.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
#4115 Old Yesterday at 12:27 AM
GRAHHHH! What were you thinking Lilith?

I love Lilith Pleasant, and she and Dirk are super cute together. They've had struggles in my game. For the longest time, Dirk was so focused on his career that Lilith got lonely. She ended up sleeping with his friend Dustin (Dirk doesn't know about that).

But she and Dirk had figured things out. He was being more attentive and now that they reached their savings goal - $50 000! - he didn't feel the need to spend every minute of every day working. They were really enjoying their hobby time - both love science. Lilith was planning on throwing a few parties and Dirk was going to spend time there, rather than hiding in his room to work on his skills.

But then she invited Matthew Picaso over. She'd recently kissed him when she was out at the Crypt O'Night club by herself (Dirk was still too busy at that point). She hadn't intended to have an affair. After all, Jessica Picaso is one of her best friends. But suddenly, the two of them decided that perhaps an affair was a good idea. I suppose I could have lived with this, but Dirk gets home - he thinks everything is normal since he's also friends with Matthew and Jessica - and Matthew decides to make out with Lilith in front of him.

Well, that did not go well. Now Dirk is furious with both of them. He's considering telling Jessica that her husband is a cheat and maybe giving Lilith her half of the savings and telling her to get out.

Maybe I will have to create a new vote in my thread - Vote on what should happen in my game! Part 11 open (17/03/19)
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#4116 Old Yesterday at 1:51 AM
Ive never really liked The Summerdream’s house :/
Not as in “I can just redecorate and make the rooms different” but as in: I don’t even like the outer walls placements. The shape of the house. By the end of the day I ended up moving them out in to another house. Now I know that in my megahood won’t Titiana stay for long. She has 3 bolts with Darren so either way she will end up moving out (I play with some rules) but I am thinking over wether Puck and Bottom should move with her or not. I’ve been thinking over it for a long time •-•
I have to figure it out next time I play.
Anyway, I feel like my Veronville part of round 1 is soon over so I can move on to the best part: Pleasantview ;w;

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
#4117 Old Yesterday at 3:18 AM Last edited by tancred : Yesterday at 3:56 AM.
I'm gingerly stepping back in after my 11-year-old Vista machine's hard drive experienced mechanical failure about a month ago. I had been very good about backing up everything every few weeks on one of those pop-out HP Personal Media Drives. But when I went to transfer all my files to my super new gaming PC, the drive lit up when I plugged it in, it made the usual revving up sounds, I connected it to the new machine via USB and... nothing. This kind of drive requires drivers to operate, and HP hasn't updated the drivers since 2009, so it's now useless. Dopey me! Having become more of a Mac person over the years, I'd forgotten all about the whole Windows drivers thing, and it had never occurred to me that this kind of gadget would require drivers. So, yeah, I should have switched to an external drive years ago. But this one had always worked so well!

It's all been kind of a shock to my Simming, as I had managed to keep the same Pleasantview neighborhood going since when The Sims 2 first came out. I've been playing Sim games since the days of SimCity 2000, SimTower, and SimCopter; I remember how wild a concept The Sims seemed at the time. Started it on a Windows 98 machine, transferred it to the Vista machine, kept the Vista machine going for all those years by replacing various parts. All I've ever played for more than a day is Pleasantview and its subhoods, including Brainania. The story I'd developed was sprawling.

While getting ready to start over, hunting down essential mods and downloading like mad, I came to realize what I did and didn't want. I'm not playing Pleasantview again. When I play a new neighborhood, if it doesn't come populated, I'm spawning or custom creating my own townies and such. No Goopy, no Benjamin Long (who was a vampire in my old game), no Kaylynn Langerak, no Tricous. They're done, or at least trapped in suspended animation. Rather be exclusive, I'll play a few neighborhoods while I slowly build one (or more!) of my own from scratch. Last night I played my first household in Riverside; it was odd not to know generations' worth of backstory or who anyone was walking by, but it was also a lot of fun to discover a new world. In time I'll add subhoods, but for at least the first round I'll just play the neighborhood as it is. I really want to play a neighborhood in a desert terrain, too; somehow, Strangetown never interested me. And if I should happen to find someone with a functioning Vista machine, maybe I can rescue my Pleasantview. But in the meantime, a fresh start is good.
Test Subject
#4118 Old Yesterday at 3:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9
This mod is mostly intended to work on Community Lots, but it is supposed to work elsewhere as well {home/community Lots/Shops}. OFB_CommunitySkilling by Squinge, also there is another you may want as well Electro Dance Sphere community skill fix {makes the Electro Dance Machine give body skill on community lots, needs to have a Community Lot skilling Mod.

I do have community lot skilling, and it works well on community lots. However, visitors aren't gaining skills on residential lots. I wonder why?
Field Researcher
#4119 Old Yesterday at 3:30 PM
Thanks to a fever-dream I had a few days ago, I created a new hood sort-of inspired by Pokemon. Instead of catching Pokemon, Ash, and Gary (with the help of Professor Oak) have to produce 151 total sims. The challenge is going to be harder than I thought because Professor Oak and Delia aren't attracted to each other . The Ketchums' and Oaks' are playables, while Jessa, James, and Nurse Joy are townies. I also created Brock, Misty, and Officer Jenny (not pictured) as townies too.

I'm not sure how long I'm going to play this, but I can't wait to get started.
Screenshots
Scholar
#4120 Old Today at 2:02 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : Today at 6:07 AM.
Quote:
I do have community lot skilling, and it works well on community lots. However, visitors aren't gaining skills on residential lots. I wonder why?

@citybeyond

Try Selecting them with Merola64's MindControlMirror and then have them do something that should have them gain skill, that is how I do it and works in my game when I am playing University.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#4121 Old Today at 6:28 AM
Mitch Indie has brought Jessica Picasso home from work every single day since he started his job, which was well before his toddler was conceived. It's getting on my nerves, and it's really getting on his wife's nerves. But Jessica seems to spend most of her time talking to Mitch's parrot, so I'm thinking of having Delilah give her the fool bird and see if that stops her coming round every night.

And if that doesn't work (which it probably won't), I might just institute a new rule whereby, if a Sim brings another Sim home on three consecutive nights, they have to get married, or at least move in together, regardless of previous marital status. That would certainly change up my usual "happy families for life" game!
Page 165 of 165