Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#7776 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
The mood lamp also changes the skin colour of Sims temporarily, like the jellybeans, and it can cure zombies.

OH! That explains why my sim while "under the influence" couldn't use a mirror. It threw a error about him being "transformed" which had me flabbergasted as he's just human.
Advertisement
Instructor
#7777 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 12:15 PM
Guys, do any of you have this accessory blazer by LiKo? It's not showing up in my game and I'm trying to figure out what exactly is its problem. It'd be good to know if it works in other people's games.
Mad Poster
#7778 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 6:35 PM
Don't recall, but it's either pg up/down or the home and the end keys.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Inventor
#7779 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 6:51 PM
Is there any danger in using unlockalloutfits on cheat? I wonder if there are any outfits that I should obsolute not use on normal sims. At the moment I want to use the glowing timetraveler(I think its his atleast) outfit and the ghost outfit from ambitions.
Top Secret Researcher
#7780 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
If I want inactive sims to visit my edited World of Wonder lot and the lot I placed roller coaster set from store on more, should I set it to hangout, big park or recreation park? Or maybe something entirely different?

Hangout gets the most sims, if that is your goal.

My question, how can I keep deer from eating plants on a community lot? I know Pets came with gnomes who hold signs to keep out wildlife, but do they work, especially on community lots?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7781 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
(...)
My question, how can I keep deer from eating plants on a community lot? I know Pets came with gnomes who hold signs to keep out wildlife, but do they work, especially on community lots?
I'm not certain about the gnomes, but I think that they don't work, based on that there are several mods around trying to "fix" them - especially on community lots.
Your only chances, I believe, are to either rebuild the lot such that deer cannot reach the plants (fences or raise the ground to make the plants unroutable for four-leggeds) or use a mod that turns autonomous plant eating by horses and deer off.
Top Secret Researcher
#7782 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:42 AM
Thanks Don!

Another community lot plant question: Do zombies eat plants on community lots, or only residential lots?

New at Simszoo
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7783 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:45 AM
They eat them on community lots, too; but those eaten by zombies should recover at 5am the next day (except for death flowers, I think).

ETA: And just before you ask the next two questions: no, fences won't keep zombies away, and, yes, sand terrain paint will encourage Sims to autonomously play in the sand and build sandcastles.
Top Secret Researcher
#7784 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 2:43 AM
I've discovered that if you don't go to the community lot, the Zombies won't either. Doesn't that make you feel special?!
If you use NRAAS story progression, you can create a Zombie Class, set it for automatic on the Zombie sim type, and then set the lot to keep the Zombie class off the lot. I've not seen any zombies on the lot when I did this, but Don's saying the plants come back at 5 AM makes me wonder if they were on the lot and the plants just recovered.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#7785 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 5:21 AM
Thanks Don! Thanks Emmett Brown!

New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#7786 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 8:24 PM
Okay, here's a stupid question: Can Sims in non-active households die of low needs? I let my game run for 10-12 in game hours just now but the world I'm in isn't meant for regular gameplay, so many Sims will not have access to fridges. Some are in closed-off buildings or basements and need to be let out manually. I don't seem to have lost anyone, but I want to be 100% sure before I continue.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#7787 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Okay, here's a stupid question: Can Sims in non-active households die of low needs? I let my game run for 10-12 in game hours just now but the world I'm in isn't meant for regular gameplay, so many Sims will not have access to fridges. Some are in closed-off buildings or basements and need to be let out manually. I don't seem to have lost anyone, but I want to be 100% sure before I continue.

Good question, I'd actually like to know that myself. I'm gonna see if I can test that.
Mad Poster
#7788 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 10:32 PM
Is there a way for my active to woohoo with an alien? After she was abducted by aliens three times she now has the want to woohoo with an alien. Is that possible and if so how?
Mad Poster
#7789 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Is there a way for my active to woohoo with an alien? After she was abducted by aliens three times she now has the want to woohoo with an alien. Is that possible and if so how?

Yes, but that would be on your own turf not up in space (off screen) probing them back with their own laboratory equipment. If you can get them to visit or hang out with you, romancing or seducing aliens becomes the same as with any other sim.
Mad Poster
#7790 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 3:02 AM
So I'm not sure if it happened when I upgraded from 1.63 to 1.67, or when I installed the story progression mod, since I did both of those things around the same time. But lately my sims have bee completely ignoring the fact that their free will is supposed to be off. I have set to "off" in the game's settings. But they still walk around doing stuff anyway. This normally wouldn't be an issue since it's also been letting them have conversations on their own. But some of my sims are also kinda obsessed with certain objects. For example, in one of my households, the mom is obsessed with the deep fryer. Every time I take my eyes off of her she's using the damn thing and eating. Then I got another household where the whole family is obsessed with lounging in the pool.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#7791 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
So I'm not sure if it happened when I upgraded from 1.63 to 1.67, or when I installed the story progression mod, since I did both of those things around the same time. But lately my sims have bee completely ignoring the fact that their free will is supposed to be off. I have set to "off" in the game's settings. But they still walk around doing stuff anyway. This normally wouldn't be an issue since it's also been letting them have conversations on their own. But some of my sims are also kinda obsessed with certain objects. For example, in one of my households, the mom is obsessed with the deep fryer. Every time I take my eyes off of her she's using the damn thing and eating. Then I got another household where the whole family is obsessed with lounging in the pool.

If you want these sims to have no needs to be fulfilled (possibly more than what you had in mind), you could use SP to put them into Stasis. Or you could try MasterController Resetting them and then saving and reloading the game to see if the preferred changes in autonomy take effect.

Am not aware of any massive changes between 1.63 and 1.67 that would cause such behavioral differences. Not really sure why SP alone would be the culprit either, but my sims never stand still doing nothing for very long either unless my game session is overwhelmed or I've given them an idle animation to keep looping through on purpose using NRaas Animator.
Instructor
#7792 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

I've noticed that sims are obsessed with the deep fryer and the diving board. I used retuner (you have to enable the object menu in its settings first) to click on them and turn off autonomous use and/or lower the advertised outputs for those items.
Mad Poster
#7793 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 12:38 PM
Yeah, it's a nasty habit. Sims love getting distracted by trivial things that give them satisfaction. I'd almost rather have them on actual crack than dumb shit like rocking chairs. At least it'd make my gameplay more realistic instead of less.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#7794 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 4:22 PM
What happens when you delete the university world file from your saved game file? I want to reset the university world.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#7795 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
What happens when you delete the university world file from your saved game file? I want to reset the university world.

All of the sims who were in the world at the time as you and your sims knew them will be gone. The next time you travel/enroll a sim there, a fresh instance of the world will spawn. Its sims will be the exact same ones you saw the first time, not progressed and the same ages they were originally. Which could be a little unsettling at first if you are playing the original version of one of them (or their descendants) or had moved any of them to homeworlds since then. Any changes you made to the world itself will of course also be gone.
Instructor
#7796 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 1:48 AM
Would ya'll say the sims 3 runs better when you play through the discs and not updating to 1.69 or going through origin with the update? Or does it not make a difference?
Instructor
#7797 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
If you allow Origin to touch your game, you can count on having problems at some point. Check out the help section to see what I mean. Just sayin'.

Playing from disc doesn't guarantee that you'll never have a problem, but by keeping Origin out of the picture, it makes problem solving easier as it is one less thing to deal with.

Thanks for the advice I'll check it out
Mad Poster
#7798 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 3:51 AM
Do female aliens that are born always have green hair? I have a mod that lets female Sims get pregnant from being abducted. My active sim got abducted many times and gave birth to two daughters from her abductions. The oldest is a teen with green hair, and it looks like the toddler daughter will also have green hair. Do aliens ever have the hair of their human parent or always green?
Mad Poster
#7799 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Do female aliens that are born always have green hair? I have a mod that lets female Sims get pregnant from being abducted. My active sim got abducted many times and gave birth to two daughters from her abductions. The oldest is a teen with green hair, and it looks like the toddler daughter will also have green hair. Do aliens ever have the hair of their human parent or always green?

Alien babies formed by abduction do not have a human biological parent. The human is used as a surrogate and their genetics are not involved. Alien babies formed by woohooing and making babies with aliens the more usual way (on this planet) will stand to have genetics from either or both parents.
Mad Poster
#7800 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 8:21 PM
Thank you for the information. I didn't know that the human is used as a surrogate in an abduction and thought that the child would have the genetics from both.
Page 312 of 385