Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 4:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
(Ice) Skating Rink doesn't work
Hi there!

When visiting the various festivals during my sim year, the rollerskating or ice-skating rinks are always present (depending on the season). Recently, I've found that, when clicking on either rinks, my sim doesn't move. She stands where she is until I cancel the action, which unusually takes a long time to cancel out. There was one instance where she complained about a sim being on the rink, as if they were in the way of something.

I've tried resetting the object, replacing it, and I've done a full town (both objects and sims) reset with NRaas' Master Controller. Other sims can use the rink, it's just my sim that can't. While the full town reset has really helped with other various issues I've had, it hasn't fixed this one issue.

What should I do from here? (I'm also on my 5th sim week in game, which may be the cause of the appearance of corruption or glitches.)

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 5:53 PM
Just a shot in the dark really, but is your sim an occult by any chance?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 7:33 PM
It sounds like you may have a bad mod. Do you have any that change skating or festivals or something like that?
If your sim is a vampire they don't actually "skate" they just run really fast around the rink. lol I am not sure why they made it this way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 11:41 PM Last edited by animated : 21st Nov 2016 at 1:31 AM.
@igazor Unfortunately, my sim isn't an occult.

@Persian My game is patched up to 1.67 and all mods I have have been updated because of this. If it truly is a mod issue, that's weird. I've never downloaded any sort of mod to do with (ice) skating. Could the issue be with my sim?

(also, when zooming out and back in, there seems to be two wooden poles inside the rink. They disappear, however, and they aren't objects. It seems like a graphics glitch. Maybe this has to do with something?)

EDIT: I think I've found something. I have this mod that allows sims to interact on a slopped terrain. It seems to affect a few files related to skating. Maybe I should take it out and see what happens. But, damn, do I want my sims to be dumb? Or do I want them to do something as simple as skate?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 6:40 PM
Try removing that mod and see if it fixes things. Sims 3 has always been VERY picky about mods. They can affect the oddest things in the game. Don't forget to delete your script files before reloading the game.
Hope that works for you.
And I hate to break it to you.......but all sims are morons. LOL
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by animated
@igazor Unfortunately, my sim isn't an occult.

@Persian My game is patched up to 1.67 and all mods I have have been updated because of this. If it truly is a mod issue, that's weird. I've never downloaded any sort of mod to do with (ice) skating. Could the issue be with my sim?

(also, when zooming out and back in, there seems to be two wooden poles inside the rink. They disappear, however, and they aren't objects. It seems like a graphics glitch. Maybe this has to do with something?)

EDIT: I think I've found something. I have this mod that allows sims to interact on a slopped terrain. It seems to affect a few files related to skating. Maybe I should take it out and see what happens. But, damn, do I want my sims to be dumb? Or do I want them to do something as simple as skate?

I have that mod and it doesn't affect skating in my game.