Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#6401 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
When I travel in World Adventures, I get a task to cook x meals for a restaurant in France. But whenever I put food in the fridge in home base, it vanishes after a few minutes! But if I put it in my inventory, it goes bad before I can make all 4 or 5 dishes! How can I remedy this? I really wish I could get them in one at a time...

It's odd that the meals you add to the refrigerator disappear, I've not seen that happen. Unless the non-active visitors at base camps eat all the leftovers, they're usually available to eat or add to my Sim's inventory (if added to the refrigerator in one travel trip).

Do the meals have to be a certain quality? If not, leave them on the counters and deliver spoiled meals. Or try replacing the refrigerator if you haven't already.
Advertisement
Scholar
#6402 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 3:38 AM
Or how about one of Sandy's "chest-like" objects from Around the Sims? http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/f...e_misc_01.shtml
I'm not 100% sure they prevent spoilage but it looks like they do.
#6403 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 4:21 AM
Yeah, they have to be of a certain quality, and I replaced the default fridges as soon as I got there (and the default beds because ow). They disappeared in Egypt and China too but in France I need them.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6404 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Yeah, they have to be of a certain quality, and I replaced the default fridges as soon as I got there (and the default beds because ow). They disappeared in Egypt and China too but in France I need them.
This is not normal. The fridges in base camps should behave like fridges at home - dishes, even the spoiled ones, stay in them forever, or rather, until the end of your stay.
#6405 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 11:41 PM
That's really bizarre. Sometimes they show up again too!
Top Secret Researcher
#6406 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 5:42 AM
It's sad. I load "Movie Stuff" just to get the epic music. I load "fast lane" stuff just to get a decent looking motorcycle. I'm not a high handlebar hog fan.
Theorist
#6407 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:52 AM
I had no idea where to post this, so just adding my request for help to this lively and popular topic. It doesn't fit into a serious Help section.

I'm bad at recreating famous characters in CAS. Tried twice, still not satisfied. But I found a sim who might be a good look-alike to the game character I'm trying to recreate:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=7162703
A few other attempts exist online, but even mine look like a better resemblence. However, this one is really good!

But I can't install the sim3pack for the life of me. Maybe it's because I don't have Diesel SP that the creator used for clothes. But clothes don't matter, I already made clothes that resemble hers much better.

Could someone kind please unpack this sim for me and send me a package? (Yes, I could go into Help section to find out what's wrong, but this seems so much quicker! Besides, I've already tried all kinds of advice I found online for sim3packs that refuse to install with stupid excuses like "you need a software update" and nothing has worked yet).
Field Researcher
#6408 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:11 AM Last edited by LeeAlee : 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:31 AM.
@Babahara - Do you think maybe the trouble lies in the custom skin? Or would that default to EA skin on download?
I converted the Sims3pack to what I thought would be a SIM file, but it converted into 4 different package files. Sorry.

You may be having difficulty downloading it because of the custom content (nude outfit with detail), plus who knows what. I'm not sure.
Theorist
#6409 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:40 AM
@LeeAlee, if the sim installs for you, maybe you can share it with me by selecting it in CAS simbin? If you save a sim to simbin once more, it can be found as a .sim file in SavedSims. Sorry for all the trouble, it's just that this character is very important to me.

P.S. Custom skins don't create problems: I've downloaded sims without their custom skin a lot of times, they just show up black in simbin, but it's easily fixed by selecting a skin for them in CAS!
Field Researcher
#6410 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:24 AM
@Babahara - I haven't installed anything except worlds via the Launcher in years, I convert all Sims and Lots to package or SIM files if they are uploaded as Sims3Packs. I'm sorry, I just don't want to risk it.

I had to look up her name to see who she is *blush* There's a good Speed Editing YouTube video with her, but I checked the links and didn't see that the person uploaded her. It looks like they just do edits for screenshots from what I saw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X53a-O4Mwks

This might be a good subject for the WCIF section if you don't get the Exchange version of her downloaded. Again, I'm sorry.
Theorist
#6411 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:32 AM Last edited by Babahara : 23rd Feb 2017 at 1:07 PM.
@LeeAlle, thanks for trying to help anyway! And it's ok that you don't know her, the franchise is not that famous, I guess. She's one of the prosecutors in Ace Attorney, a series of detective\courtroom games.

Btw, she doesn't look like herself in that youtube video, even my versions are better Although the TSR3 sim I'm trying to install is the best.

P.S. Would anyone else help please?
#6412 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 3:40 PM
I could, if you can wait until tomorrow/later tonight (it's almost 5pm here right now).
Theorist
#6413 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I could, if you can wait until tomorrow/later tonight (it's almost 5pm here right now).

Sure, I'll wait! Thanks
Theorist
#6414 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:12 PM
A new question: what did I do that wiped out all wishes from my sim and even changed her LTW?! The first is horrible, but the latter is a catastrophe: my sim had a LTW 'Pervuasive private eye' (solve 35 cases) and many cases solved, but now the count is back to zero! I feel so mad, so so mad!

Suspects:

1) I used Town Mode to evict my sim from her house and merge with another, to simulate her taking a vacation with her parents for a week. They live in the same town. Could that wipe out her wishes, even though I had 'retain dreams and opportunities' on in NRAAS SP (both in their and her household)? If so, how do I move her back to her house without all her wishes gone again?

2) I edited my sim in CAS (only appearance), but maybe that changed her LTW? I don't know what else could change it.
Top Secret Researcher
#6415 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:15 PM
I'm running an asylum - if a patient becomes sane, and I want to move them out, what are my options? I can just hit evict, but that means (if I am remembering correctly) that they don't keep their inventory items, which is not how I'd prefer it.

If I go to manually move them out, what portion of the household funds do they receive?
Top Secret Researcher
#6416 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:11 PM
I do have Master Controller. How would I use it to have them keep their inventory items?
Mad Poster
#6417 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 12:04 AM
I've been coming here way too often later.

Newbie stupid question here ... is there anything else I need to do or download before using custom foods? I know with Sims 2, there is a mod to use to call Sims to eat with many older custom foods. Is there anything I need to know before downloading these luscious goodies besides compatibility with my EPs?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#6418 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I do have Master Controller. How would I use it to have them keep their inventory items?

I think what was meant was use MC to move the sim out instead of evicting them. On the lot you want them to move into (assuming you don't want them to be homeless), whether it's an empty one or occupied by a household you intend them to join, NRaas > MC > Add Sim > (filter to the sim in question or X to dismiss the filter and find them on the list).
Mad Poster
#6419 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I've been coming here way too often later.

Newbie stupid question here ... is there anything else I need to do or download before using custom foods? I know with Sims 2, there is a mod to use to call Sims to eat with many older custom foods. Is there anything I need to know before downloading these luscious goodies besides compatibility with my EPs?

It depends on the custom food or mod being used. Many of them require CC Loader now and would say so on the item's or food mod's description page.
http://modthesims.info/t/546986
Mad Poster
#6420 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
A new question: what did I do that wiped out all wishes from my sim and even changed her LTW?! The first is horrible, but the latter is a catastrophe: my sim had a LTW 'Pervuasive private eye' (solve 35 cases) and many cases solved, but now the count is back to zero! I feel so mad, so so mad!

Suspects:

1) I used Town Mode to evict my sim from her house and merge with another, to simulate her taking a vacation with her parents for a week. They live in the same town. Could that wipe out her wishes, even though I had 'retain dreams and opportunities' on in NRAAS SP (both in their and her household)? If so, how do I move her back to her house without all her wishes gone again?

2) I edited my sim in CAS (only appearance), but maybe that changed her LTW? I don't know what else could change it.

I would go with (1) more than (2) as the likely cause. SP Retain Dreams and Opps only applies to switching actively being played households using an SP command. MasterController has a similar function, but it only applies to switching actively being played households performed using an MC command. The one that protects sims when using Edit Town to split and merge households is NRaas Mover, if you have the option set that way (and when it works right, which is not always). See the third entry on this page, although it's an FAQ for the Dreamer mod the concepts are all related.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Dreamer+FAQ

Personally, I would use MC's Add Sim to move sims back and forth between households like that, not Edit Town.
#6421 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Sure, I'll wait! Thanks
Okay, first of all: CUSTARD shows the Sim as corrupt because it has a broken piece of CC merged into the .sim file. That's why the Launcher refused to install her, is my guess.
Secondly, the three pieces of custom content that come as separate items are all broken. I couldn't open them with S3PE.
Thirdly, the sim file itself, in addition to the one corrupt item I already mentioned, comes with custom hair, a custom skin and a custom nude outfit for sleepwear that looks pretty broken, too. If you want to keep those I cannot guarantee that the corrupt item(s) are then fully removed from the Sim.
I can provide you with a completely clean version, though, dressed in base game clothing whenever the Sim didn't wear anything from another EP: Download

The hair was by Newsea YU004 Bob
The skin was non-default and labeled FFDW-Klavix
The nude bottom and top were probably from Sexysims judging from their 3D "enhancements"
All the cc clothing she wore in the exchange previews are missing. Maybe these were the broken files, so I cannot tell you where they were from.
I don't think that she had any custom sliders because she still looked pretty much like on the exchange when I opened her first.
Inventor
#6422 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:54 AM
In a family consisting of one human Sim and one dog, would sending the human Sim to University mess things up? Or would the dog just be in suspended animation along with the rest of the main world?

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Instructor
#6423 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:59 AM
Is it possible to charge NPCs money for tasting nectar from the nectar rack? It's seems silly that people can just wander into a nectary and get free booze.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Field Researcher
#6424 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 6:35 AM
It's called (wine) tasting, and it's classy. Five bottles later and they're town lushes, peeing in the back alley.

I don't recall ever seeing NPCs actually pouring nectar from the tasting racks, but they do that browse/taste thing where they aren't really tasting. But when my Sims break open a bottle, the NPCs devour that stuff like it's water. And free.
Sims have too many freebies, and you just reminded me @Butterbot about another one. I would love to have them charged for tasting, including my Sims.
Field Researcher
#6425 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
Is it possible to charge NPCs money for tasting nectar from the nectar rack? It's seems silly that people can just wander into a nectary and get free booze.

You could use Nraas Go Here Testing to charge them when they go through the front door (for wine testing you often pay once and then get to taste a lot of different stuff so it would be fitting). I think the barrier of entry thing from the store does the same thing..
Page 257 of 385