Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 12:36 AM
Default Estimated age of the forum's members?
I'm not asking anyone to post their age or anything like that, since I know some people aren't comfortable with revealing their age online. After a year and a half of lurking around this forum, I've noticed that much of the TS2 community is comprised of adults. I'm not saying that's a bad thing at all; quite the contrary, because I love reading the posts (most of them are so thoughtful). I'm just curious because I'm sixteen, almost seventeen.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 12:52 AM
Keep in mind - this game has been out for over 10 years. A lot of members have "grown up" with the game - it's not like you can walk into a store and buy Sims 2 these days!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 12:54 AM
I'm not the baby! I'm not the baby! Someone is younger than me! Hooray! (I'm newly eighteen, actually.)

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Link Ninja
#4 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:02 AM
I'd imagine mid-late 20s is average age, just from hanging around for years. I am 29 myself, no shame!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:04 AM
I'm 23, if anyone wants to throw that into the sample pool. A lot of the members here, though, I get the impression they're in their 30s or 40s, if not a bit older.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:06 AM
I would hazard a guess that most of us here are over 30. Most but not all the younger players go for the newer games. There are a couple of members here who are over 70.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:07 AM
How is it an estimate when everyone's saying how old they are? Can't we guess?

I estimate Jo is 18. There.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:08 AM
I'd say I was on the younger end of the spectrum. I'm 20, and I'd say the mean age is around 30 with quite a large distribution of ages, maybe even higher - but that's mainly because the people who have stuck around the community the longest all seem to be 40+, I feel like younger people (13-25) have most likely moved on to Sims 3 and maybe even then Sims 4. All my real life friends who play Sims play 3.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
How is it an estimate when everyone's saying how old they are? Can't we guess?

I estimate Jo is 18. There.

I wish.

I'm a decimal currency baby, there work that out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:19 AM
I'll be 33 in May. I still round up!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:21 AM
Maxon is 30 (estimate math)
Theorist
#12 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:21 AM Last edited by CaliBrat : 19th Mar 2016 at 7:20 AM.
I am not ashamed to admit how old I am physically, but it in no way matches how old I am mentally .. err sorta.

Physically, or biologically if that suits better, I am 45 1/2 years young. Mentally, it all depends on the day or situation .. lol. However, I do have a hard time, more like a wonderment or like 'wow, I'm really that old' type of attitude when I actually think on my age.

Just to throw a bit of irrelevant information into the pot. I am a single, never married, no kids female, who's always loved video games. I've lived the majority of my life in two states - California and Texas, well three, but the US doesn't consider one of them an actually state. They say it's all in my head.

(I'm not really editing, but it's the only way I know of to see some peoples' posts.)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I'd imagine mid-late 20s is average age, just from hanging around for years. I am 29 myself, no shame!

Hello fellow 29 year old simmer! :-D Though I will turn 30 in May.....
Meet Me In My Next Life
#14 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 2:34 AM Last edited by Simonut : 17th Mar 2016 at 2:49 AM.
Don't matter how old you are if you love the Sims here a picture of me to the left my name is Molly I am a 102 years old and my best friend to the right Sue is 89 years old.
We both play the Sims and will play it until the Reaper come for the both of us.

For a better view click on pictures
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Theorist
#15 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 2:37 AM
Been playing the Sims off and on since the release of the Sims 1. So, basically I've been playing the Sims (one iteration or another) for roughly 16 yrs. I am in my 40's...though I often get guesses of late 20's early 30's...so let's go with that age range.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Instructor
#16 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 3:09 AM
Been playing Sims since I was young and no matter what I do, Sims 2 still manages to pull me back. I own all the games and yet, here I am.
I'm in my mid 20's though~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 3:11 AM
A spring chicken.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 3:22 AM
Whoa. Nice thread. I'm 19. But I didn't expect most members here to be older than I am. That's actually nice to know. (IRL I hang out with people older than I am.)
Undead Molten Llama
#19 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by priviel
I'm not asking anyone to post their age or anything like that, since I know some people aren't comfortable with revealing their age online. After a year and a half of lurking around this forum, I've noticed that much of the TS2 community is comprised of adults. I'm not saying that's a bad thing at all; quite the contrary, because I love reading the posts (most of them are so thoughtful). I'm just curious because I'm sixteen, almost seventeen.

Hey, I'm your age....times 3.25. *cough* But, you know, my grandmother always said "You're as old as you feel." Which pretty much means I'm about 10, (She says as she's curled up on the couch watching cartoons while eating dinner. )

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 3:37 AM
Older than you.Much older. I have a 37 year old child.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 3:47 AM
Well. . ., my original and eponymous Sim Andrew (he's the boy in my avatar) looks about 16 and I reckon I'm about 4 times his age. (Which is odd, because three years ago I said I thought he was about 15!) I think I was 19 when the UK went decimal, but I'm pretty sure Australia was a few years ahead of us. I recall seeing adverts for an Australian model shop in the Meccano Magazine, and its prices were in Australian Pounds (£A), shillings and pence. I stopped taking the Meccano Magazine in March 1964 when I wasn't quite a teenager. It had "modernised" to try to make itself more relevant to modern youth, a category to which I clearly did not consider myself to belong. So I reckon I'm a bit older than Jo, and probably the oldest member to contribute to this thread so far. I hope you're all enjoying this mental arithmetic test!

I am a single, never married, no kids male with an unfulfilled want for a first kiss. I didn't play video games as a child or teen because they didn't really exist yet. Computers did exist, and I think some could even do some basic graphics, but, if you wanted a computer then, first you had to build a skyscraper to house it, and then you had to pay IBM a few million dollars to build your computer. A few government departments and banks could afford them.

I don't know a bout my mental/emotional age, but I sometimes find it easier to relate to teen Sims like Andrew than to elders like Consort Capp. Whether that's because Andrew is very mature, or I'm immature I'm not sure!

[EDIT] Well, I think I was the oldest contributor to the thread when I started writing this, but Molly and Sue sure beat me, and maybe koololdster too!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#22 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 3:50 AM
I'm 55 and a 1/3 , almost a 1/2

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Scholar
#23 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 4:00 AM
Started playing Sims 1 as it first came out when I was in my mid-20s....

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Undead Molten Llama
#24 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 4:01 AM
Heh heh heh...I think maybe the 40-plus-ers outnumber the 20-minus-ers around here. Which, hey, is fine by me. Not that I don't appreciate the young 'uns, of course, because I definitely do. But it's really nice to have agemates around, too.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 4:05 AM
I am in my 40s, not far from my 50s, though I find it hard to believe. Single (female), no kids, never married, yep, me too... you have more time for video games that way.
Page 1 of 15