Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 1:04 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons
Default Extracting Custom Content does not open correctly
Hello everyone,

When extracting custom content I have not had a problem with downloading sims2packfile into my game UNTIL TODAY. it has been awhile since i have played the game and was currently in the process of installing new custom content. When extracting a Sim that I wanted from the downloads file in my computer for some reason it did not show the icon of the blue sim to double click and install normally. Instead it shows a paper icon next to the sims2pack like it normally would for a PACKAGE File.... I have gone back and reread "Downloading for Fracking Idiots" and it fails to mention anything like this happening or what to do to fix it. My computer runs a windows 8 and I use WinRAR to extract my files.... I would greatly appreciate anything that could help me fix this.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 1:20 AM Last edited by velvetina : 25th Feb 2017 at 1:45 AM. Reason: I should read twice before answering
Try using Clean Installer, that should open the file correctly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 1:54 AM
I greatly appreciate this. I will give it a try.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:56 PM
Any time this happens, you can just right click the file and hit Open With. Select the program you want to use from the list, and tick the "Always use this program" box if you want. Easy peasy.

(You should still use Clean Installer though, because it's much safer and more convenient than using the game's installer)

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 1:09 PM
Always use Clean Installer for lots and sims not the games installer, it's rubbish.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~