Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 8:06 PM
Default Desperate for help
Ever since I patched my game, it's gone psycho. It plays without custom content, but the content I use is compatible. I've removed everything but the compatible content, but the game still refuses to work. It loads until I decide to play in a neighborhood, and then it won't load any further.

Additionally, store content won't install on the launcher. Nothing will, even when I remove my CC.

My computer meets the requirements, and I repeat: the CC is compatible. It won't load, it won't install. What the heck is going on?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 8:15 PM
Please provide your game version and the path to where you have the cc installed.

I mean no offense, but saying the cc is compatible does not make it so. If the game works without cc installed and does not work with the cc installed, that suggests a conflict. Could you test with only one piece of cc known by the moderators to work in a fully patched game, like HP's no build sparkles?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 12:46 AM Last edited by Rem Rei : 26th Jun 2010 at 1:02 AM.
I'm on 2.7.7.006001 Base Game and WA only.

I'm only using two Nraas mods: the Supercomputer and Opportunity adjuster plus an updated Awesome mod. In the websites where I got them, they were said to be compatible with the new patch. I've tried running back to Moreawesomethanyou to double-check, but for some reason the page won't load.

EDIT: Almost forgot. I'm not sure about the path but here.

Computer/Electronic Arts/Mods/Packages

That's basically it. After that you have those four folders named Hacks, Misc, Patterns, and Skins.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 3:14 AM
That path doesn't tell me exactly where your Mods folder is. I take it you're on a Windows 7 system? After patching, did you download Delphy's updated Framework Installer and update your framework or did you manually move the Mods folder and Resource.cfg?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 3:39 AM Last edited by Rem Rei : 26th Jun 2010 at 4:24 AM.
I messed up on the path, sorry. Delphy updated the framework program? I didn't know. Let me try that real quick.

The correct path is:

Computer/COMPAQ (C/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages

EDIT: It didn't work. Still won't load Sunset Valley.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 8:03 AM
If you are on patch 2.7, your mods no longer belong in the Program Files path. Remove the Resource.cfg and Mods folder from Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ and follow these instructions for installing your cc: Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Fileswiki

(Note: your old Resource.cfg is now obsolete. Don't move it to your user files in the Documents path. Instead, download the new Resource.cfg from the FAQ I linked.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 6:53 PM Last edited by Rem Rei : 26th Jun 2010 at 7:10 PM.
Thanks. I'll try it real quick and see if that works.

EDIT: Didn't work. Deleted cache files, and that didn't work. I'm going to uninstall and then reinstall to see if that works.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 10:58 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Uninstall
    This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3, and its packs (EP/SP).

If you're reinstalling because you're reverting to an older patch, or just do not want to use the Launcher/EADM to patch, read this FAQ Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki once through before patching and then follow the guide.

If you're going to uninstall and reinstall, please make sure you follow the guides above,
and clean up all the leftovers in folders and the registry. Makes reinstalling so much easier :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 11:26 PM
I went to the control panel and uninstalled, then deleted all the remaining folders before I restarted the computer. I reinstalled, but I didn't revert to an older patch. My game is weird, and it refuses to play unless it is updated to 2.7.7

I put the Mods folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, and followed the instructions you sent me. It still didn't work. I then deleted all the CC in all folders but one, rotating to each folder. That didn't work. I'm confused. What will work? Thank you for helping me so far. I'd appreciate it if you could continue helping me.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 12:49 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Verify 1.12/AMB Mods folder and resource file
    1. What is your gameversion? How_to_find_your_GameVersion

Copy and paste the first line of the skuversion.txt from the following locations, for whichever games you have:
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin

Quote:
      BG: GameVersion =
      WA: GameVersion =
      HEL: GameVersion =
      AMB: GameVersion =
    2. Take a screenshot of:
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Packages
      ... and attach them to a post on this thread? Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments.

Make sure you set your folder view to Details mode and expand out the Name and Type columns so they're fully readable.

3. Open your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\resource.cfg file in Notepad and copy-paste its contents here.

4. Right-click on Resource.cfg and check Properties. Is the file name Resource.cfg or Resource.cfg.txt or something else?

please post the information above for the games you have.
In order to play saved games, you need to be patched to the same level you were at when you saved the game.
patch levels need to be even, this is to say, if you patch the base game to 1.12, you then need to patch WA to 2.7, HELS to 3.3 etc.
having a different patch level for installed games will result in an error, telling you to update in order to be able to play the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 1:02 AM
I only have the base game and WA installed.

GameVersion = 1.12.70.006001

GameVersion = 2.7.7.006001

I don't know how to take screenshots, much less paste them up here.

The file name is Resource.cfg

I did not play the game at all until WA was installed and patched.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 2:16 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
Ok, so you have uninstalled and reinstalled, now your game versions are 1.12 and 2.7.7, correct?
Does the game play at all with CC in or CC out? Are you still trying to put cc under Program Files?
Did you try the guide Mangaroo linked to in his last post? Putting the mods folder under
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3? Using the Resource.cfg linked to in that guide?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 3:17 AM
Yes, I put the mods folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 using the Resource.cfg linked to it.

It plays without the mods, but I'm confused as the mods were said to be compatible by the creators.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 4:27 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
Has anything showed up so you know that the setup is correct?
Some things show up, but others dont?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 4:51 AM
What do you mean by that? I don't understand your questions... can you rephrase?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 5:05 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
Once you setup the mods folder, have you had any of the custom content show up in the game so you know it's working as it should?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 5:09 AM
No, because the game won't load Sunset Valley with the CC installed. That's the problem. Thank you very much for rephrasing, by the way.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#18 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 6:55 AM
To determine whether your setup is working, please test with just one mod, e.g. this one: http://www.modthesims.info/d/343257 -- this is a super simple mod that just replaces one texture, and thus will work in all games

If this works, then the problem is with the CC you're trying to use – do this FAQ: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Custom_Content

If this doesn't work, then the problem is with your setup: please post the screenshots that werismyki was asking for. For help with screenshots see here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...reenshot_Basics

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 6:09 PM
Okay. I took out all my CC and put in the file. Still didn't work.

Took screenshots. Now how the heck do I put them up here?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#20 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 6:14 PM
Click "Go Advanced" on the new post majigger at the bottom of the thread, and then "Manage Attachments" - you can select the screenshots there.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 7:24 PM
Okay. I think I've got it.

The image was taken after waiting two hours. This is as far as it goes.
Screenshots
transmogrified
retired moderator
#22 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 10:53 PM
werismyki didn't ask for a picture of the loading screen.

Quote:
Take a screenshot of:

* Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
* Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
* Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Packages

... and attach them to a post on this thread? Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments.

Make sure you set your folder view to Details mode and expand out the Name and Type columns so they're fully readable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 4:24 AM
I can't attach the screenshots. The attachment thingy is being cruel.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#24 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:44 PM
What do you mean by "can't attach"? Are you getting an error message? What does it say?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 4:49 PM
Yes, I am getting an error message. It says the files are too large, even after I scaled all of them down to 800 wide x 500 high
Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: fixed .. FAQ ftw
Page 1 of 2