Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 11:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Cant get Cars Onto Sims 3. Or any package.
Pelase Respond ASAP and if you can go on team viewer with me.

I must have done something wrong Ive been trying for ovre 5 hours so it would be great help.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 11:38 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Verify Gameversions + Framework
    1. What is your gameversion?
      Windows OS: Game_Help:TS3_Patching_Find_Gameversionwiki
      Mac OSX: Game_Help:TS3_Patching_Find_Gameversion#info.plistwiki

Copy and paste the indicated line from the skuversion.txt or info.plist from the following locations, for whichever games you have (adapt as appropriate for OSX):
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 <EP or SP name>\Game\Bin

Quote:
      BG: GameVersion =
      WA: GameVersion =
      HEL: GameVersion =
      AMB: GameVersion =
      FL: GameVersion =
      LN: GameVersion =
    2. Take a screenshot of:
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
      ... and attach them to a post on this thread. Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments. Or if it says the pictures are too big, you can upload them to modyourpanties.com and copy and paste the links.
      We have a guide on how to take screenshots if you need assistance: Game_Help:Screenshotswiki.

Make sure you set your folder view to Details mode and expand out the Name and Type columns so they're fully readable.

3. Open your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\resource.cfg file in Notepad and copy-paste its contents here.

4. Right-click on Resource.cfg and check Properties. Is the file name Resource.cfg or Resource.cfg.txt or something else?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 11:38 AM
Team viewer? I honestly didnt understand a word of that.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 11:44 AM
Just read carefully what it says and follow the instructions for the information we require. It explains what folders to go to, what files to open, and what bits to copy-paste. If you are confused about something specific (surely you understand SOME of it!) then you can copy-paste the specific part you're stuck on and we can try to explain further or rephrase.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 11:53 AM
Right This is what I did.

extraced the resurce into sims 3 arts thing.
Downloaded the car and the resurce file,
Made them both into folders
Extract achive seperate folders, then moved the car on inside to a folder inside the arts sims called mods then packages.

What did I do wrongg
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 11:59 AM
Please provide the information asked for. We ask for specific information because it can help us solve your problems. We need the versions of your games, three screenshots, a copy-paste of the contents of your Resource.cfg, and a confirmation that it is indeed just a .cfg file, not .cfg.txt

We can't tell, based on the information you gave, whether or not it's done right. From the sounds of it, your Resource.cfg might be in the wrong location (and it might have the wrong contents), don't know whether it's in Program Files or Documents, whether the folders you made are named correctly, and whether you're using the suggested test file or not, among other things.

Like I said, if some part of the requested info stuff is confusing, we can try to explain further, but we really do need -that- info in order to help you.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:00 PM
Follow the instructions I posted, give us that information and the pictures it asks for, and then we can tell you what you did wrong.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:02 PM Last edited by HomemadeSteam : 5th Dec 2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Screenshots didnt show
Ive done the screen shots but when I upload there not showing on post, Also wouldent it be much easier to go on team viewer
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:08 PM
Hit Go Advanced in the Quick Reply box and upload them here using the Manage Attachments box, and include the other info too.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:06 PM
I do it and it wont show with pics I click simple uploader and put them on and they dont show?

Tean viewer?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:11 PM
Are you sure you're hitting the Upload button under "Image upload", not "Zip/rar upload"?

retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:12 PM
Providing the necessary information really isn't all that difficult in the grand scheme of computery stuff... it's just going to specific folders/files and snapping a few screenshots and copy-pasting a bit. Considering all that can (and often does) go wrong when you start adding mods to your game, consider it an "entrance exam" to the wonderful world of modding... if you are unable to go to specific folders and copy-paste requested info and so forth, then when you break your game (as EVERYONE does when they start adding mods), you won't be able to fix it, won't be able to provide the information necessary for someone else to help you fix it, and you'll be stuck with an unplayable game. Wouldn't that suck?

Consider this a learning experience - how to find your way around a computer and do some very basic and useful stuff that will probably come in handy when your game goes kablooey because of the mods you've added.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:10 PM
Screenshot too large
retired moderator
#14 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:15 PM
Okay then - as it said in white's first post... "Or if it says the pictures are too big, you can upload them to modyourpanties.com and copy and paste the links."

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:14 PM
retired moderator
#16 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:21 PM
That's a photo of the Resource.cfg inside a rar file - we need to see the contents of the Resource.cfg that's inside your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\ folder - and I can tell that's not the right resource.cfg anyway. This is the right one:

http://skuld.modthesims.info/Resource.cfg

Same one linked in the Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Fileswiki tutorial, which is part of the CC Basics thing linked to you previously. Making sure you're following the right set of instructions is important!

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:23 PM
retired moderator
#18 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:31 PM
Closer, but you need to have your folder view set to details (as it said in CC Basics) and having the download window over the top means we can't see the actual folder contents.

We need three screenshots of three different places, in Details view, and with the columns expanded out enough to see the type and name columns fully:

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

See the screenshots here? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files

We need screenshots of those same locations, looking like that with the columns and small icons and whatnot.

And on that "Windows cannot open this file" window, choose "Select the program from a list" and choose Notepad, then copy-paste the contents of the Notepad window into a post here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:30 PM
retired moderator
#20 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:35 PM
Again, not Details view, we still need the versions asked for previously, and the copy-paste of Resource.cfg, and from that last screenshot, it appears your Resource.cfg is in:

My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\

... not in:

My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\

Like it should be.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:35 PM
I gt in on notepad and moved it to sims/mod (resurce thing)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:36 PM
retired moderator
#23 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:44 PM
Okay, that's still the wrong Resource.cfg file - I linked you to the right one a few posts ago. Delete the one you have and download the one I linked you to, into that same location. You still need to give the version numbers asked for previously...

And you really should turn on Details view and file extensions showing, as explained in the CC Basics FAQ... It helps a lot in figuring this stuff out.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:45 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:48 PM
This is a better one with it on notepad

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...09asdasdasd.GIF
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Please don't use custom content.
Page 1 of 2